First line of Breathe = today's date

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the fact that he's changing the date and time to the current date and time confirms that the man at the door is indeed Bono.

It'll stop when they drop Breathe into the encore an open the gig with Lady With The Spinning Head or Being Born.

The one thing that stood out about this short clip was that within less than a minute you can see all 4 members smiling... that's rare. They must be having fun.

this will probably happen all tour.

I think the bigger question, how much longer are we gonna be subjected to these Michael Jackson snippets in the songs?

But I wonder how long is linguistically possible :hmm: September will be a tough month...

Just wait for another celebrity to take his spot ...

why does it have to be a celebrity though? People die everyday and don't get songs written about them or hundreds of tv shows aired about them. Sure one could say that not everybody touches as many lives as a celebrity, especially MJ and....well....everybody is special to someone.

I realize the live version of HMTMKMKM had Marilyn Monroe, , Kurt Kobain, Elvis, John Lennon, and if im not mistaken Princess Di after her death. Maybe a few more. That was a nice tribute with an ironic twist, given the song it was in. They played that song for the entire tour and it worked very well. I just dont think these MJ snippets are going to work for this entire 360 tour is all.

The one thing that stood out about this short clip was that within less than a minute you can see all 4 members smiling... that's rare. They must be having fun.

They're all laughing because they fucked up the timing of Edge's big intro.
Watch it again.

:D

Ok for today in Paris

Out on stage by 9:05p.m. this would work LOL

"9:05 12 July......"

Right ? You likey how five & July kinda rhyme:hmm:

O boy I put to much thought into that one:huh:

:ohsnap:

It just dawned on right after my last post

That will work this whole month

As long as they are starting by 9:05p.m.

"9:05 27 July......"

July has to be after the date

:cute:

why does it have to be a celebrity though? People die everyday and don't get songs written about them or hundreds of tv shows aired about them.

U2/Bono have honored and mentioned a great deal of people who are not even popularly known.
MJ was an icon.
You know this, I'm sure.

And Michael Jackson wasn't just some other celebrity person who died.
What did you expect?

U2/Bono have honored and mentioned a great deal of people who are not even popularly known.
MJ was an icon.
You know this, I'm sure.

And Michael Jackson wasn't just some other celebrity person who died.
What did you expect?

i guess what i mean is, are they going to keep on doing this every night for like the rest of the tour?

I dont know what to expect really. I guess im just a bit tired of all this MJ stuff, yeah i realize its sad that he died, let him rest in peace.

"12th of July 9:19" (all those in the setlist party will know that the concert had some delay today)...is he looking the watch just as going onstage. How the hell can you remember everything and, on top of that, the exact time to sing the minute you appear in front of 90,000 people?
YouTube - U2 Breathe Stade de France 12 07 09

Wow, awesome video. I wonder what kind of camera that person had.

what is even more amazing -- look at how flat the crowd is in the background -- am I missing something or was like 90% of the crowd still sitting down?

A reflection of French culture? Breathe as an opener? Nobody knows the song?

Yikes - that looked dull.

"12th of July 9:19" (all those in the setlist party will know that the concert had some delay today)...is he looking the watch just as going onstage. How the hell can you remember everything and, on top of that, the exact time to sing the minute you appear in front of 90,000 people?
YouTube - U2 Breathe Stade de France 12 07 09

he can't even remember the words to the songs, how's he supposed to remember what time it is?

the crowd in Dublin looking pretty flat as well to be honest.... ??!!

Its of course down to the song lacking energy and the riffling guitar and smashing drums vertigo and elevation had, im not moaning but someone must of at least mentioned to them that breathe is not doing good as an opener.

Back
Top Bottom