Edge's Microphone:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donkeytimes

The Fly
I think it looks whimpy, sorry to say so...I know I am being silly by bringing it up, but it just annoys me.

It annoys me like Bono's mic annoyed me in the Zoo Tv theater portions of the show (Running, etc.)

I just think Edge looks better with a traditional mic. Also, I wonder if the new mic has caused him to be flub more guitar parts than usual just cause the whole stage, mic, etc...is all new. Just a thought.

Another rant...why can't they just all wear more normal clothes. I don't mind them as much this tour, as in: Bono looks better this tour I think. Adam always wears the interesting outfits, and he can pull it off...but this time it's way too much. I wish he would just wear normal clothes sometimes.

Edge looks like a gay leatherman often.

Larry looks the same.

I think it looks whimpy, sorry to say so...I know I am being silly by bringing it up, but it just annoys me.
Yep, extremely silly.
Another rant...why can't they just all wear more normal clothes. I don't mind them as much this tour, as in: Bono looks better this tour I think. Adam always wears the interesting outfits, and he can pull it off...but this time it's way too much. I wish he would just wear normal clothes sometimes.
Who wants their rock stars to wear "normal" clothes?:huh:
Edge looks like a gay leatherman often.
:rolleyes:

Err... wtf?

Who cares?

Oh right, you do. So you deserve this needs another pointless thread here? :huh: For what purpose exactly?

OK OK. Before you nuts jump off the deep end...

I am telling you straight up how I feel, just to see if anyone agree's with me. If you don't, fine! I am ok with it. Obvs. I enjoy you very much, enough to write in from time to time here.

I just like Edge with a proper mic...and I have no issue with Larry using a head-set mic.

Adam is always cool. I think he could just rock a simple, yet stoic Gucci look. He doesn't have to be so Versace. Got it?

Bono looked like Mike Myers from the Halloween Movies back in the day on the Vertigo tour - with his longer locks. He looks better now. His clothes are slightly better. He looked like a fool back in 1987 for that matter.

Here come the haters...

Oh right, you do. So you deserve this needs another pointless thread here? :huh: For what purpose exactly?

Oh, come on now... everything deserves it's own thread. Some things deserve 3. Edge's mic, Adam's collar, Larry's sneeze, Bono's shoes all thread worthy.

Exactly, I mean isn't the point of this forum to waste time with all things U2. Some of you people need to lighten up.

So, no one else out there thinks Bono's shades of choice right now aren't slightly too garrish? I mean, just be more simple about it is all I call for from nearly all them fools!

Lighten up people.

Oh, come on now... everything deserves it's own thread. Some things deserve 3. Edge's mic, Adam's collar, Larry's sneeze, Bono's shoes all thread worthy.

Apparently yes. :wink:

I really don't see the purpose of all these threads where people just complain about what they think, while they haven't even seen the tour yet. It's not a thread opened for discussion whatshowever, just doing their own say and be done with it. What is the point of posting this on a public forum? Why not make a fucking blog or whatever?

Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit wether U2 are stark naked on stage or wearing whatever the hell they like? I am not going there to complain about their clothes, I'm coming for the music and show experience.

ETA: Nevermind, this guy's just a troll.

Uhhh, no...not gay. Just a statement on fashion. Again.

A Gay Leatherman is an absolute know thing in this world. I am just saying sometimes (more so in the past Edge had that look- kitschy done on purpose.)

I know they are wearing costumes to a certain extent. My point is, Adam can attain flash by wearing normal Gucci - etc. and skip the often over the top outfit as he is rocking now. I get its a space station, Ziggy Stardust thing.

God, you people are no fun sometimes. Let's just talk about Drowning Man for the 10 fucking time.

I agree Ms. Garrison. Cause I thought I was bringing up something that was detailed in nature, and worthy of time killing as we wait for the next round of shows.

I guess some people are so serious they can't even open up their minds to think outside the box at all. Its somewhat lame if you ask me.

"From a certain point of view..."

I am offering the U2 Fandom another perspective by stating "I don't like Edge's mic" and I said its silly on the onset, but that is still annoyed me. Thinking maybe others noted the same thing. Sheesh, all I get is blasted.

Well, "boring conversation anyway..." Eh, Canadian Slime?

Just wait til Edge triggers his effects from his computer screen on the inside of his sunglasses.

Get over it - Edge has been using head mics since Elevation tour for the catwalks, no biggie - probably a lot easier for him.

But he is taking this sightline thing to the next level...

:wink:

Well, "boring conversation anyway..." Eh, Canadian Slime?

boring conversation anyway, is that from Star Wars? You know where Han and Luke are dressed up as stormtroopers in the Death Star and they are trying to communicate with someone and they end up blasting the microphone when the guy demands to know who they are, Han says that line. Awesome movie. Random thread.

boring conversation anyway, is that from Star Wars? You know where Han and Luke are dressed up as stormtroopers in the Death Star and they are trying to communicate with someone and they end up blasting the microphone when the guy demands to know who they are, Han says that line. Awesome movie. Random thread.

we're all fine here now... how are you?

I guess some people are so serious they can't even open up their minds to think outside the box at all. Its somewhat lame if you ask me.

You do realize the irony in this statement, right?

You're telling us we're too serious and need to think out of the box, right after your plea for four rock stars to wear "normal" clothing.

:lmao:

It just looks un rock and roll to me...that's my bottom line. AGAIN, I know its a non point really, it just struck me as somewhat distracting.

I realize the new stage and the roaming will call for him to move around, I just don't like the aesthetics of it.

It just looks un rock and roll to me...that's my bottom line. AGAIN, I know its a non point really, it just struck me as somewhat distracting.

I realize the new stage and the roaming will call for him to move around, I just don't like the aesthetics of it.

Ok, ok, I'll be serious for a change - DEADLY SERIOUS!!!!

What would you rather have instead of his little mic?

1. A fixed mic so he has to basically stay rooted in the same spot or at several fixed spots throughout the show.

2. A roadie following him around everywhere setting up the mic for him...

also, you complain about Edge's mic but no comment about Bono's boxing announcer / Wii steering Wheel mic. what gives?

i think donkeytimes is a cool name btw, a friend of mine (who is gay) told me there was a gay newspaper titled "bananatimes" back in the day. Im wondering if there is any correlation between the two?

Same friend told me, back during the PoPMart tour, that he wished the band had a giant banana onstage instead of a lemon. Reason being it would have looked better for them to emerge from a giant banana (versus a lemon) dressed as they were, like the village people.

U2 have always had a terrible fashion sense!!! even Ali says this about Bono,

Nothing can be done about the mic, it is the best solution to let Edge roam freely around the stage, its fine, there is no other way to do it,

Back
Top Bottom