Edge's Microphone:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The new Edge headset microphone is very reminiscent of "Oops!...I Did It Again" era Britney. And this is nothing but a good thing.

:up:

Maybe Edge got jealous of all the people being constantly annoyed by everything Bono does and thought "Hey, I want to get in on this action, too."

Now he has his own thread. :hug:

:lol: @ BVS and your double post for emphasis

Here's the thing: if you think it's iconic that Edge has been doing that for every tour so far, that pose with the stable mic, that's great. In fact, I'd probably agree with you.

They're just doing something different this tour. Plain and simple. Changes like that are always interesting, and it's nice to know they're willing to shake things up.

This thread sucks. The Edge witha "normal mic" means The Edge standing in one spot all night long. The stage design is way too huge to have The Edge just standing in front of a mic stand all night just for backing vocals. I'm glad he's wearing it. That or teach Larry to sing all the backing vocals.

I'm sorry to all who played, but the correct answer is:

c) Who gives a fuck what mic Edge uses.

Thanks all for playing, and better luck next time :wave:

There is a Pearl Jam song called Leatherman. I shit you not. They've only ever played it live, though, as part of the "Man" trilogy with Betterman and Nothingman.

Just reading that and I know it probably sounds like a joke but it's not. I can't really recall if the song is any good or not. Anyway, I thought it was somewhat relevant and amusing. But I don't think the lyrics reference The Edge at all. Carry on.

I hate the Edge.

He makes people call him this silly name.

He levels mountains right there in front of rich people.

He owns a yacht and a headset mic!!!

He's just a fucking gay leatherman.

And he doesn't shredzorz!

There is a Pearl Jam song called Leatherman. I shit you not. They've only ever played it live, though, as part of the "Man" trilogy with Betterman and Nothingman.

Just reading that and I know it probably sounds like a joke but it's not. I can't really recall if the song is any good or not. Anyway, I thought it was somewhat relevant and amusing. But I don't think the lyrics reference The Edge at all. Carry on.

It's a silly little song, and it has been performed live a couple of times without it being part of the "Man" trilogy. It would be cool if U2 did a couple of these funny little verbal trilogies (another PJ goodie is U-You Are-Who You Are). I can already picture New Year's Day-Beautiful Day-Dirty Day in my head. :drool:

Well well well....

A day later and people have really taken many opinions on the Edge MIC thing.

Honestly, Disco and I have an opinion on what we we like in terms of fav guitar player to sing into (the normal mic is what we prefer) afterall, part of ROCK AND ROLL is image. Maybe it doesn't change the music, or whatever - but image still matters in rock.

What is somewhat odd is that we express an opinion and are pretty much laughed at, which is fine. BUT its not like we are trying to hurt or make anyone mad.

I continue to think people here are getting upset over a quite vanilla observation from a "certain point of view."

Honestly, Disco and I have an opinion on what we we like in terms of fav guitar player to sing into (the normal mic is what we prefer) afterall, part of ROCK AND ROLL is image. Maybe it doesn't change the music, or whatever - but image still matters in rock.

"Normal" mic, "normal" clothes... that is so un-rock n roll.

Unevolved...

I continue to think people here are getting upset over a quite vanilla observation from a "certain point of view."

What's funny, is that the only person that has truly displayed getting upset in this thread has been Disco...:shrug:

It's a silly little song, and it has been performed live a couple of times without it being part of the "Man" trilogy.

Ahhh I did not know that. Cool. And, yeah, I downloaded it after I made that post and immediately remembered the little melody. Like you said, it's just a throwaway little song but it's decently fun and catchy.

It would be cool if U2 did a couple of these funny little verbal trilogies (another PJ goodie is U-You Are-Who You Are). I can already picture New Year's Day-Beautiful Day-Dirty Day in my head. :drool:

What about One-> One Step Closer-> One Tree Hill

ok BVS...I hear you, normal isn't cutting "edge" pardon the pun, but might I argue we are calling for some rock traditions (in terms of image) - not that image is everything.

Normal clothes would certain look better on Adam as pointed out in another thread. Normal works for lots o' bands like Pearl Jam, Doves, Broken Social Scene, and the list goes on and on...they all look rather "cool" to me.

So I am willing to let it go, uh huh...

On to other topics! :heart: OK?

but might I argue we are calling for some rock traditions (in terms of image)
Nope... The stage isn't very traditional(in terms of image) and that's a lot bigger and noticeable than that tiny mic Edge has on. What do you think people notice and remember more?

Normal clothes would certain look better on Adam as pointed out in another thread.
Oh? Were you able to clear that up for us? Much thanks...:wink:

No one's upset. You will quickly learn that around here, threads sometimes take on a life of their own and become .... um .... strange. :)

Back
Top Bottom