Edge's Microphone:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The headset mic is pretty awful; i noticed it right away and ... they're second in retardation to the keytar.

cringing yet?

now show me footage of any self-respecting rock n' roll band who uses a headset microphone and deserves to be taken seriously.

Overreacting yet?

Seriously, if this all you have, it's just sad.

You need someone else who you consider cool to wear one in order to justify it for you?

It's just practical, that's it, end of story...

I just find it hard to complain about Edge's mic when compared to ISS chats or wearing an ASSK Mask, call me crazy...

i personally found the ISS chats pretty cool, and they were a great intro for Unknown Caller. the masks, well... you don't have to wear it. i certainly won't. but when i have to see that awful microphone glued to the Edge's face for the entire show, that's a different story.

skip to 1:14:30 in this video

YouTube - We Are One: Opening Inaugural Ceremonies at the Lincoln Memorial

cringing yet?

now show me footage of any self-respecting rock n' roll band who uses a headset microphone and deserves to be taken seriously.

No, sorry. I enjoy Garth's music and I think he's an great artist.
Seriously, what's bloody wrong with a headset mic? It's a freakin' mic, what matters is who's singing on it.
Would Paris Hilton look better singing on a normal mic? Would Bob Dylan lose any of his greatness singing on a headset? If you ask me, the answer is no.
I don't remember many artists using it, that's true... and anyway, I won't spend time looking for it on google. But like I said... it's just stupid to not use it since it's a pratical acessory that allows the performer to move and therefore, make a better show.
But I'm sure you would get tons of cash if you provided the musical world with a replacement as good as this. One that doesn't make you and other persons with your problem with this equipment "cringe". (Btw, if you ask me, this is the stupidest word in English language.)
I'm not being rude at you, that's just my two cents. Your reason is not a good reason to dismiss something that provides us a better show. It's narrow-minded and useless.
If other performers are as narrow-minded as you on this subeject, it's their own loss, 'cause they are not giving their public the best show possible. Respectable and brillant artists as Madonna, Garth and now U2 make a great use of this apparatus and I'm glad to be a fan of those three.
And aesthetically-wise, this looks good too.
Again, just my take on the subject.

No, sorry. I enjoy Garth's music and I think he's an great artist.
Seriously, what's bloody wrong with a headset mic? Is a freakin' mic, what matters is who's singing on it.
Would Paris Hilton look better singing on a normal mic? Would Bob Dylan lose any of his greatness singing on a headset? If you ask me, the answer is no.
I don't remember many artists using it, that's true... and anyway, I won't spend time looking for it on google. But like I said... it's just stupid to not use it since it's a pratical acessory that allows the performer to move and therefore, make a better show.
But I'm sure you would get tons of cash if you provided the musical world with a replacement as good as this. One that doesn't make you and other persons with your problem with this equipment "cringe". (Btw, if you ask me, this is the stupidest word in English language.)
I'm not being rude at you, that's just my two cents. Your reason is not a good reason to dismiss something that provides us a better show. It's narrow-minded and useless.
If other performers are as narrow-minded as you on this subeject, it's their own loss, 'cause they are not giving their public the best show possible. Respectable and brillant artists as Madonna, Garth and now U2 make a great use of this apparatus and I'm glad to be a fan of those three.
And aesthetically-wise, this looks good too.
Again, just my take on the subject.

i like you

I think it looks whimpy, sorry to say so...I know I am being silly by bringing it up, but it just annoys me.

It annoys me like Bono's mic annoyed me in the Zoo Tv theater portions of the show (Running, etc.)

I just think Edge looks better with a traditional mic. Also, I wonder if the new mic has caused him to be flub more guitar parts than usual just cause the whole stage, mic, etc...is all new. Just a thought.

Another rant...why can't they just all wear more normal clothes. I don't mind them as much this tour, as in: Bono looks better this tour I think. Adam always wears the interesting outfits, and he can pull it off...but this time it's way too much. I wish he would just wear normal clothes sometimes.

Edge looks like a gay leatherman often.

Larry looks the same.

FUNCTION beats FORM. It is not 'whimpy' it is funcional, so that Edge can get travel the stage and get closer to more of the audience. To me, that is more important than how it might look to some. A traditional mic may look 'nicer' to you but it does not allow band members to roam the stage and connect and be closer to the audience.

Edge used a headset mic for "Zoo Station" on the Vertigo tour, as did Larry for "Elevation" on the Vertigo tour. I don't remember reading one person gripe about that on any forum.

Your comment about Edge was pretty much uncalled for.

Everyone can have an opinion, ok? Discotheque and I don't like it.

I can understand its use in limited doses. I understand why they are using with the new 360 stage, etc. I just personally don't like it, OK? Deal?

Drummers it doesn't bother me, they have to have tons of gear anyway for click tracks - etc, what's another wire, drummers are in the back not a focal point.

Edge, he is out front, I prefer rock and roll.

THIS DOESN'T MEAN WE HATE EDGE OR U2. Observation only folks, this ain't a sermon.

I hate the masks too (like most people do.)

Some people are scared of change.

Donkey and Disco's ancestors said it was wimpy and cringe-worthy when Elvis moved from this mic:

elvis-live1.jpg

to this mic:

draft_lens1321182module11678804photo_1235409105ElvisPresley-hawaii-concert4.jpg

I heard from a very reliable source that he's trying to relate to the Justin Timberlake crowd.

By Dublin, he will actually be debuting a really cool dance during the Crazy Remix. He's just trying to get use to the new mic right now.

BVS - Hardly, the King went out on top - I don't care if he was bloated and fucked up, yeah he washed up. But it was rock and roll.

He could always croon and he wasn't wear a head set mic.

Can I start a thread on Adam's outfit...usually dapper, he now looks a fool?

Anyone?

Sure, it will be two threads providing us - people not scared of clothes, mics, progress, technology, etc. - content to laugh out loud. The more the better. [/sarcasm]

EDIT: Just to make things right... I added that...

We have enough threads of BS around already.

Oh no you didn't: GARTH! Double yuck.

Anyway, the whole completely wireless thing has to irk Edge on some level. As a tech and tone-monster, he's gotta feel a little out of his element up there. On previous tours, he always retreated back to being tethered to his rig. Add in the fact that his rack is not even up there with him anymore, this tour is probably more than a little awkward for Mr. The Edge.

Good Heathcliff...glad you are on board.

Also, Larry could use a mic stand, but more likely it would be more of a "boom mic" if he opted for a non head set mic

Some people are scared of change.

Donkey and Disco's ancestors said it was wimpy and cringe-worthy when Elvis moved from this mic:

elvis-live1.jpg

to this mic:

draft_lens1321182module11678804photo_1235409105ElvisPresley-hawaii-concert4.jpg

I personally think that both pictures are cringe-worthy.

Also, Adam should wear a headset mike... not to use it, just to wear it.

Who gives a shit what Adam wears? He's still playing the same notes.

And I, for a change, actually like what he wears. :drool: Shows off the arms nicely.

Yes Elfa, I'm already moving to PLEBA. :wink:

hi again, you give Yoshi a bad name.

Tsk tsk..

Why can't we just agree to disagree? You keep fueling the fire.

Tsk tsk..

She's fueling the fire?
Ok, I'll use those words once spoken by men wiser than me in similar situations:

...yeah, right...

Tsk tsk..

Do you have to keep retorting to personal attacks? Can't you keep it civil here?

And maybe you should open up your eyes. I am not fuelling any fire, you are. And what the fuck does Yoshi have to do with this? :huh:
lol, he'll get torn to pieces in there, I'm doing you a favor!

nah, the main shredder is out so I think they'll cut him some slack. And most of them would agree Adam's better off without the clothes anyway. :wink: He'll feel right at home.

Back
Top Bottom