Edge says "New things" for 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A snippet is not a performance? Oh, of course, if you say so ...:doh:

a snippet isn't considered a full performance. so in 1993, when U2 did a snippet of "The First Time" at the end of "Bad", it wasn't considered it's own seperate track in the setlist.

Loved UF in the set, along with the ommission of Pride and NYD. The latter two are classic songs, but with such a deep catalog, you have to give those a rest at some point...

Hoping they stick with UF and add 1 or 2 more from that album (seeing as they just re-released it maybe?)... How about Wire? When is the last time they played that? I can't remember it even making the JT tour... Let's go with a UF, Wire, Bad trio in the middle of the set. Any chance?

I personally would be perfectly fine if they didn't play Pride, Bullet or SBS. Just would like to hear something else. NYD would be fine. I love that they played UF this tour and would love to hear it again and if they played it, Wire and Bad together I think I would faint. :faint: Or Sort of Homecoming.

If they played something else off JT, I would love to hear Red Hill Mining Town, In God's Country, Trip, One Tree Hill or Exit.

Remember when Edge mentioned Luminous Times before the tour started?

Still :pray:

This, too, :drool: .... or Spanish Eyes... or Silver and Gold... or Sweetest Thing...

a snippet isn't considered a full performance. so in 1993, when U2 did a snippet of "The First Time" at the end of "Bad", it wasn't considered it's own seperate track in the setlist.

You have to remember his alter is the one that would count snippets if it backed up his claim that one tour was more varied, but wouldn't count them for this tour...:lol:

In the red corner: U2gigs.com

In the green corner: @U2.com

Popcorn anyone? :)

Huh? I've never claimed a snippet as a performance, I'm just more meticulous in noting when Bono references other songs.

As far as Heartland goes, it was snippeted at two Melbourne Lovetown concerts, both times a couple of lyrics over the intro of Streets. It has never been played live.

oh god, when did that happen? :lmao:

The thread is now locked so I don't want to link it, but it was in the Vertigo vs 360 tour, he was comparing setlist to setlist.

Bullet was considered an "obscure" song because it had a snippet of Hands in it.

Vertigo x2 was considered two new songs.

Yet none of the snippets in 360 counted...:lol:

One of the top 5 funniest posts in the tour section ever...

The thread is now locked so I don't want to link it, but it was in the Vertigo vs 360 tour, he was comparing setlist to setlist.

Bullet was considered an "obscure" song because it had a snippet of Hands in it.

that post must have been between all the YouTube videos.......cuz YouTube is da bible!!!1111 :D

wow!

Huh? I've never claimed a snippet as a performance, I'm just more meticulous in noting when Bono references other songs.

Ah excuse my stirring, twas only a bad joke.

I remember seeing some little to n fro on Twitter in the summer between Matt n Matt (I presume?) about whether Bono's speaking one line of Miss Sarajevo at the Zagreb gig constituted a snippet worth listing. And whether Amazing Grace constituted a snippet or a song for set list purposes.

BTW I gave Matthias a little gift to pass onto you when I first met him in Milan, have you received it yet?

Ah excuse my stirring, twas only a bad joke.

I remember seeing some little to n fro on Twitter in the summer between Matt n Matt (I presume?) about whether Bono's speaking one line of Miss Sarajevo at the Zagreb gig constituted a snippet worth listing. And whether Amazing Grace constituted a snippet or a song for set list purposes.

BTW I gave Matthias a little gift to pass onto you when I first met him in Milan, have you received it yet?

I'm having a slow day. :wink:

Actually, that was me in the Twitter discussion (Matthias leaves most of the setlist stuff to me now). m2 and I pretty much agree to disagree, on quite friendly terms, over the snippets issue. With all due to respect to him and his crew, I do find their snippet notation inconsistent. I work by my own criteria, which I admit is not always perfect or perfectly applied; I try my best though, and I've considered writing a public article on how we determine snippets on U2gigs but it just feels like too much pedantry.

As it stands, atu2 seem to get complaints if they include inconsequential snippets, because people get disappointed when they look it up only to find Bono sings the song title or whatever, while we get complaints and extra submissions if we miss even the most trifling snippet. I guess each site has ended up with different expectations from our audiences!

And no, I don't believe Matt passed on anything, though we were both quite busy with very different travel plans and he wouldn't have had too much opportunity ... might be worth sending him a reminder?

i just saw it. that's brilliant! he's a comedian!

hmmmm, lemme guess:

they're gonna switch up the order of the same LAST 12 songs instead of the same FIRST 12 songs! :happy:

i understand the feelings of a lot of people around here about wanting to give Bullet The Blue Sky a rest, but the ironic thing is they dropped bullet right when they had a stage set up that was perfect for the song. also... i'd be stunned if we saw songs of ascent before the next tour.

i think unforgettable fire, walk on and ultraviolet are goners. i'd like to see beautiful day and city of blinding lights take a long walk off a short pier, but i suspect they'll be back.

get rid of the crazy tonight remix, put in discotheque or mofo instead (yea right... like that'll happen)

bring back last night on earth. come on... it even fits the whole we're a bunch of friggin' astronauts we're going to space whooooooowee theme thing they've got going.

open with fez, close with bad.

I try my best though, and I've considered writing a public article on how we determine snippets on U2gigs but it just feels like too much pedantry.

Well everyone knows it's the most authoritative resource for U2 concert info so I think you're are doing a fantastic job. I'm sure people in the U2 organisation use it often enough too.

That article sounds interesting to me, but I am a pedant by nature and a bit of a U2 geek, so you'd have one appreciative reader :)

This tour needs a bit more 90's and early 80's, I'm alright with BD, WO, and COBL, but I'd like to see them do IGWSHA, Gone or Please (supposedly that song's been retired though), The First Time, Thy Fly, ASOH, AIWIY, One Tree Hill, some Boy.

I hope Ultraviolet stays (but played back to back with The Fly), I hope NLOTH, Breathe and Mag stay, Boots is staying.

Oh yeah, and closing with Bad--> 40.

I also wouldn't mind them mixing in some Bomb, even in their acoustic section, Sometimes would fit well in the rotation.

I'm all for them dropping SBS, BTBS and UC. It would be great the hear some POP stuff, especially Gone, DYFL, IGWSHA, and even an acoustic version of SATS. When they did that in the Mexico City DVD, it was incredible. They should add SUC, I love that song, but leave of WAS, that song is a real downer for me.

well they would first have to add bullet the blue sky to the set list in order for them to then drop it... so yea.

i also see you really enjoy acronyms, yet chose to type out Gone in full. why not just run with G for gone? like what up, G. that sorta thing. just a thought... maybe run with it next time, see how it goes.

well they would first have to add bullet the blue sky to the set list in order for them to then drop it... so yea.

i also see you really enjoy acronyms, yet chose to type out Gone in full. why not just run with G for gone? like what up, G. that sorta thing. just a thought... maybe run with it next time, see how it goes.

lol. let's start calling "One" "1".

Back
Top Bottom