Edge says "New things" for 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I definitely think the stage, as remarkable as it is, was underused in the first leg. Accept for songs like Crazy or City of Blinding Lights, the lighting was fairly static. The video seemed to be advancing as the tour went on and I bet we will see more use of video editing on the round screen for effect.

With NLOTH over a year old now with no real significant hit, it would be insane t o come out and play 5-6 songs from it. If they actually do produce some new music before this next leg, and they have the time and the motive, then we might have that. If not, I think some NLOTH will drop in place of older but more recognized material, at least in the states.

I do not want a greatest hits show, but I would LOVE to see and hear Discoteque and HMTMKMKM performed. This stage just scream for those two songs....the mirror ball is already there for pete's sake!

What about if Edge opened up with Van Diemen's Land, just him, his guitar and his microphone? That would be awesome, right?
:wink:

That's a really GREAT IDEA, I'd never thought of that one... :hmm:

Lights off...then The Edge shows up , only with a spot light, opening with Van Diemen's Land...then at the end of the song Larry starts with Breathe...
(or Fez/Being born full band :drool:)

:drool:

(and after Breathe, Gloria or Even better than the real thing....:drool:)

:applaud:

That's a really GREAT IDEA, I'd never thought of that one... :hmm:

Lights off...then The Edge shows up , only with a spot light, opening with Van Diemen's Land...then at the end of the song Larry starts with Breathe...
(or Fez/Being born full band :drool:)

:drool:

(and after Breathe, Gloria or Even better than the real thing....:drool:)

:applaud:

Actually that would make sense... First two legs Larry was the "opener", and now it's Edge's turn....:hmm:

(ala 'Bono singing I could have lost you' in Zoo TV)

I have a feeling next year will be the just like the big opening of the 93 zooropa tour, which for those that forget (or were to little) was the same timegap, and resulted in.....the exact same set

and back then, there was just as much if not more talk like there is this year about "big change" and they actually did record a record in there

I generally agree with this. The only difference is that NLOTH wasn't packed with hits like AB, which leads me to believe there is a greater chance for new wrinkles this time around, though probably not dramatic changes. Wouldn't shock me if "Breathe" and "Boots" are still the first two songs. After that... ??

it's u2, so when edge talks about it not being the exact same show, or "new things" it simply means they will change out one of the acoustic songs. the set will be 95% the same as it was at the end of the last leg.

there may be some changes after a few weeks when they get comfortable again. i will be shocked if it is different by more than 3-4 songs from last year.

Here's how lame I am:

In my dream last night, I was at the East Lansing show I am going to this summer. The band walked out onto the stage without any fanfare at all, and launched into "Out of control". Most of the crowd didn't know what was going on. Then they played "Magnificent" 2nd, and the crowd was even more dead. At the end of Magnificent, at the final crash, Larry's drum set fell over. Adam dove to try to save the drum set, and ended up crashing his head into the drum riser. The concert was over, and I knew that it was the beginning of the end for U2. Then I woke up and realized how lame I was for dreaming about that!

Here's how lame I am:

In my dream last night, I was at the East Lansing show I am going to this summer. The band walked out onto the stage without any fanfare at all, and launched into "Out of control". Most of the crowd didn't know what was going on. Then they played "Magnificent" 2nd, and the crowd was even more dead. At the end of Magnificent, at the final crash, Larry's drum set fell over. Adam dove to try to save the drum set, and ended up crashing his head into the drum riser. The concert was over, and I knew that it was the beginning of the end for U2. Then I woke up and realized how lame I was for dreaming about that!

:laugh:

For some mad reason I can see that in my head! I just hope it doesn't actually ever happen.

Funny how dreams can seem so real. I dreamt we were walking up to the Claw for a show and the fog was so thick you could barely make out the legs and stage. Scary!

probably best suited here.... i am thinking they will reintroduce the fly based on the fact that willie williams is looking for fan suggestions for a series of questions to use in a video montage for the stage

Here's how lame I am:

Are you sure it was u2 and not Oasis?

And are you sure it was a dream and not a news program?

:hmm: :p

(poor Noel, that one must've hurt...:huh:)

Back
Top Bottom