East Lansing/Minneapolis/Montreal - Presale/General Sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramblin rose

Site Team
Staff member
According to Ticketmaster the presale starts tomorrow for East Lansing, Minneapolis and Montreal

U2 360º Tour tickets Spartan Stadium East Lansing, MI, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/06004342EB5BC025?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

No seating chart yet on Ticketmaster for either.

These have been the standard presale times so far. Presale times will probably be as always:

Horizon Group - Tuesday 11/17 10AM local
Breathe Group - Tuesday 11/17 3PM EST/2PM CST/1PM MST/12PM PST
Boots Group - Wednesday 11/18 10AM EST/9AM CST/8AM MST/7AM PST
Magnificent Group - Wednesday 11/18 3PM EST/2PM CST/1PM MST/12PM PST
Presale ends - Thursday 11/19 5PM local

Horizon and end time are local time to the venue, other times are as listed.

General onsale Dates :

Minneapolis Saturday 11/21/09
East Lansing Monday 11/23/09

U2.com has now confirmed presales for the 3 cities start tomorrow.

No information yet on Ticketmaster for Montreal.

Last edited:
Wow...not much notice....I hope I can get tickets. I would have to buy the Ticketmaster/ U2.com bundle. At least that way I can see if GA's are available before I pay the membership fee!

The Minneapolis show isn't on Ticketmaster yet. Is it possible the Mpls presale will be next week?

I just renewed my U2.com account after the Mpls announcement. It sucks that I'm BOOTS after already purchasing a membership earlier in the year and now paying $40 to renew. I'm happy we're getting a show in the Twin Cities but I would have renewed a month ago had I know we'd have a show. These late announcements are frustrating.

Seating Chart for Minneapolis

30748s_a.gif

Also, just got the presale email from u2.com.

Last edited:
Also, just got the presale email from u2.com.

Ditto. :up:

Also, I'm not worried that the students will snap up the Mpls. GAs (if they are even offered GAs) in the presale. Too far out, too expensive in general for many college kids to think about. Not to mention the short notice.

GAs will be tough to get though because TCF Stadium is a small venue. Still, I got GAs for Sam Boyd with a BOOTS code, so:

:zen:

Is it typically fairly easy to get decent $90 seats in the Horizon sales?

I always pull up some, but they're typically the $90 seats at the other end of the venue, not the ones behind the stage, which I'd be much more interested in! For Soldier Field anyhow, the 250 price seats extend from rearish-side-stage allll the way to the curve in the back bowl, yeesh. Later in the general sale I was able to pull some 90$ behind the stage in the lower level, but in the presale it was either way across the venue or upper levels closer-in.
And the closest 90$ seats tended to disappear fairly soon early into the horizon day, as I recall.

I don't know what to do now, with Spartan stadium show, grrr.
I was settled on red zone, of which there is none now it looks like for that show, so I guess GAs and some attempt to make it there at a reasonably early hour :sigh:
Looks like the seats are mostly that cold nasty metal riser deal, so I think for sure I'd rather be on the grass, even short as I am...
oh well... good luck in the presales everybody!

did you notice the Montreal show is non-Ticketmaster and lists ticket prices as $300 Red Zone

also unlike other shows it lists behind the stage as $95

I clicked on the link from my presale email code and it said Hippodrome de Montreal. I googled that since I had no idea and saw this on Wki:
On October 13, 2009, Attractions Hippiques declared bankruptcy and immediately shut down all operations at the Montreal site, laying off all its remaining staff in the process. It is uncertain what the future holds for the site, however it is widely believed the facility as a whole will be demolished, as talks have been afoot among city officials to redevelop the land for housing even before it closed.

MPLS show - There are already plenty of ads on craigslist from people with access to the student presale selling their codes....

"i am a U of M student and can get tickets early for the U2 concert at the BANK let me know what your offer is and ill consider" - gee, how nice of them to 'consider'

:down:

MPLS show - There are already plenty of ads on craigslist from people with access to the student presale selling their codes....

"i am a U of M student and can get tickets early for the U2 concert at the BANK let me know what your offer is and ill consider" - gee, how nice of them to 'consider'

:down:

:crack:

whats with this stupid waiting room for montreal tickets?

I was just gonna ask that. It looks so weird and it says it'll assign you a random place in line to get tickets. What's with that?

I'd go for Mpls first, especially if you're looking for GA's. The venue is much smaller, and they'll be gone quickly. With the Montreal waiting room stuff, it looks like the tickets.com site functionality from the Vertigo days. There is no 'skill' involved, and you'll probably just be sitting there looking at the window refresh until it lets you in to order while you cruise through your Mpls ticket selection.

I'd love to go to Montreal too - great town. Might have to get my coffee crisp fix some other way though.

Yeah, Montreal is on eastern time so you don't have to do both so the above won't matter :)

if you are in breathe, then the time does matter. I will be able to buy Montreal tickets at noon, because I live on the west coast.

One more time:

Only HORIZON codes are local times. All other codes are at the same time regardless of time zone.

One more time:

Only HORIZON codes are local times. All other codes are at the same time regardless of time zone.

doesn't it become 3pm in montreal before it becomes 3pm in Minneapolis?
But I'm wrong about everything today, so :reject:

I'm pretty sure it's your local time.

Kristen, you're a post whore :wink:

i would go for montreal first

j/k about the post whore comment.

Oh but I am quickly becoming a post whore :wink: :lol:

I'd go for Mpls first, especially if you're looking for GA's. The venue is much smaller, and they'll be gone quickly. With the Montreal waiting room stuff, it looks like the tickets.com site functionality from the Vertigo days. There is no 'skill' involved, and you'll probably just be sitting there looking at the window refresh until it lets you in to order while you cruise through your Mpls ticket selection.

I'd love to go to Montreal too - great town. Might have to get my coffee crisp fix some other way though.

Yeah, Montreal is on eastern time so you don't have to do both so the above won't matter :)

Yeah it seems the Minny tickets are gonna be harder to get so I'll go for my one GA for Minneapolis first :D

Btw, has anyone ever tried using their code earlier then it says and gotten through :wink:

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but when the presales start, what page should I be on? The actual Ticketmaster page for the event?

Back
Top Bottom