Dress Rehearsal Confirmed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
regarding Pride, my first show was ZOOROPA in '93 and I wanted to ehar Pride and sing oh oh oh's with everyone else..
but when they played it it was a total letdown, and I was dissapointed on every following tour on which they played it. For a long time Pride sounds really bland and uninspired live. Like there is no energy. only going through the motions...like they just don't care about that song anymore. Of course this is just my feeling about it. It's similar to their performance of WOWY on last tours...it will never stand up to the version on R&H...with or without "shine like a star.." bit

^ Still I say: The majority of concert goers want to hear it. I got a lot of feedback from music fans during the Vertigo tour and they said they liked the classics best.

^ Still I say: The majority of concert goers want to hear it. I got a lot of feedback from music fans during the Vertigo tour and they said they liked the classics best.

yep. i can attest to this, as i brought two people to the Vertigo Tour that have never seen them before, and it was amazing to see their eyes light up to songs like SBS, Pride, Bullet, etc....

.....where i'm thinking, "i wonder if they'll pull out Mofo for the encore!" LOL!

Now, SBS can rot in hell for all eternity as far as I'm concerned. Same with Bullet.

i've been lucky enough to catch the last three openers (97, 01, 05), but i'm still bummed they aren't opening here and i won't be seeing them.

i'm double-bummed there are people from the states who are flying over and i'm not one of them.

-dan

OMG, for some reason this post gave me goosebumps. I can't believe in two weeks I'm going to see U2. :ohmy:

I know this has been stated by a majority of us but:

Pride
One
Bullet
SBS

need a break. If 3 of 4 aren't played I'll be satisfied.

Yes, break, re-work, more variation and rotation.

Personally, I want more new songs and rarities. But I understand both sides. I know U2 will never stop playing certain tunes because there is a huge part of the audience that wants to hear them.

Pride
One
Bullet
SBS

there has to be a 'heart of darkness' in the set (that phrase sounds so 80s) which U2 has always had.. the heavy weight shit in the middle. Bullet has always been in the middle of that so what would replace it? I can see Exit coming back, Bad and maybe Please...but not all three?? I can kinda see why they have always kept Bullet as it plays an important role in the structure of the set.

i could definitely do without SBS

i'm not a big fan of One either, but they will use it as a platform for whatever the cause-of-the-day is and probably will incorporate the big screen to go along with it.

don't throw anything sharp or heavy at me, but i like bullet and pride.

-dan

Pride
One
Bullet
SBS

I started to think U2 might play "Bullet" in the set just to take a break. Bullet rocked on Popmart & Elevation but it just kind of dragged on Vertigo. Songs like:

Exit
Dirty Day
Surrender
Please
Until The End Of World

could replace Bullet and get the "message" across.

Oh this is so exciting! Let the insanity begin! We've been waiting so long for this, and now it's just around the corner. Personally I don't care what the hell they sing, as long as they sing and I'm there, preferably in the front row against the stage.

:happydance:

Ähm Mr. Zoopop....Unitl, Exit, Dirty Day, Please and Surrender have a different theme as Bullet!!!!:hmm:

@DRay9911 I had 6 different openers since 89 (Streets, Bullet, Zoo,Mofo,Elevate, Vertigo)

I´m sick of hearing Bullet, Pride, SBS, One, Ways, B-Day.....:doh:

But 95% of the ppl. who come to the concert want to hear those songs.:sad:

I´m lucky enough that i heard GodPart II once or Unforgattable Fire once and that in 20 years. I was at 60 concerts on 5 different tours, for me its all encore when i go to a U2 concert, but every encore has Bullet, One, Ways...:crack:

Ähm Mr. Zoopop....Unitl, Exit, Dirty Day, Please and Surrender have a different theme as Bullet!!!!:hmm:QUOTE]

Your right, I met more of the tone of the song rather than theme, sorry :wave:

Does the casual fan even know Bullet? Please needs to come back damnit!! One of the highlights of the Popmart and in U2's live history.

Please
City of Blinding Lights
Unknown Caller
Streets

Break

They play Bullet because they love to play it, obviously. I could do without it.

But I want to hear One at least occassionally and in a reworked version, I love this song too much to let go.

Otherwise, I'm open to everything.

Oh this is so exciting! Let the insanity begin! We've been waiting so long for this, and now it's just around the corner. Personally I don't care what the hell they sing, as long as they sing and I'm there, preferably in the front row against the stage.

:happydance:

THIS!!! :yes:

I could live without ever hearing bullet again. :sad:

Ditto!

My favorite song live is bullet. Love Edge's guitar work on it, adn the different variations of the song over the years.

I appreciate the evolution of Bullet live, but it is time for it to go. I've noticed that it is lost on the casual fan, too.

I get the feeling that we are beyond the days when casual U2 fans' staple albums were JT and AB. I'm guessing it's more ATYCLB and HTDAAB now.

Mark

200 of the 500 invitations should be sent out to the top 200 most active people in EKYKIW and this forum. :hyper:

U2 on the cover of a newspaper

20090619G0011PER.jpg

U2 dar? un concierto ?ntimo para 500 fans y vips en el Camp Nou | El Peri?dico de Catalunya | Gente

they speak about dress rehearsal

Not you and many of you :)

I just hope that this generous human being that gives setlists to other people does not read this

I sum it up

uno, dos, tres... 14. Así comienza Vertigo, una de las canciones de U2. Y sí, habrá uno, dos y tres conciertos del grupo irlandés en Barcelona.

Bad joke about beginning of vertigo and 3 bcn shows

El tercero, del que no se sabía nada hasta ahora, se celebrará el día 29 de junio, un día antes del debut oficial en el mismo escenario del Camp Nou pero tendrá un público mucho más minoritario. Solo 500 personas, entre vips y fans con pedigrí, podrán asistir al coliseo azulgrana para lo que no deja de ser un ensayo general; dress rehearsal, le llaman (en inglés, prueba de vestuario).

Third show unknown til now :down: will be the 29th, just for 500 hundred people, vip and fans with pedigree (no idea how the fiure that out). it is in fact dress rehearsal

Nada que ver, pues, con un tercer concierto ante otros 90.000 espectadores, tal y como se había especulado cuando el ritmo de ventas de los dos primeros había batido todos los récords imaginables. El papel para el
del día 30 se había vendido en 54 minutos.

Talks about fast sold out for 3oth

Los elegidos ya han recibido la invitación pese a que se trata de una cita no oficial y casi secreta, y entre ellos figuran algunos dirigentes de empresas que patrocinan los Special Olympics Europa/Eurasia. Algunos rumores apuntan incluso a que entre los escogidos está Lenny Kravitz, que ya había acudido al dress rehearsal de Miami del 2001, aperitivo del Elevation tour.

Chosen ones have already got their invitations, sponsors of Special Olympics, and according to rumours, lenny kravitz

«ANIMALADA» DE EQUIPO DE SONIDO // La banda suele ofrecer una actuación previa al debut oficial de sus giras para sus amigos, familiares, allegados y fans. En Barcelona serán 500, la cifra habitual en este tipo de citas que monta U2 para los suyos. Barcelona solo sabrá de esta actuación cuando haya comenzado, ya que el equipo de sonido es tan potente («una animalada», en palabras de miembros de la organización de la gira) que retumbará a varios centenares de metros a la redonda, tal como ya está sucediendo en los ensayos y pruebas de sonido que llevan realizando desde el martes.

It is something u2 uses to do, journalist solemnely states "BCN only will know about this once the show has begun" Very very poweful sound he says

Fue entonces cuando The Edge dio los primeros acordes a la guitarra recién llegado de Gran Bretaña, sin haber pasado siquiera por el hotel, al igual que Bono. A diferencia del concierto exclusivo que dieron en Bruselas por el inicio del periplo europeo del Vertigo Tour del 2005, no habrá esta vez una pantalla gigante en el exterior del recinto para los fans.

bono & Edge arrived on tuesday directly ... without going to the hotel. Unlike in Brussels 2005 no screen outside

ENSAYOS HASTA LA MADRUGADA // U2 se ha tomado muy en serio la nueva gira, de la misma manera que hicieron hace ocho años en Miami. Allí, estuvieron ensayando de 10 de la mañana a 11 de la noche durante los 15 días previos al debut, que culminaron con el dress rehearsal para sus 500 amigos. Habían probado todo: canciones (las de los primeros conciertos y las que irían interpretando durante la gira, las coreografías, la escenografía, la iluminación...). En Barcelona van por el mismo camino. El miércoles, comenzaron a ensayar a media tarde (a partir de las cuatro, el acceso al estadio está vetado incluso para los trabajadores del club). A las una y media de la madrugada, Bono salió del estadio. Aún quedaban 13 días para afinar. Ayer, de nuevo a la carga. Estaban llamados a filas los 25 cañoneros de luz que trabajan en la gira.

Speasks about how seirously they take this, from 10 am to 11 pm in Miami. Now in BCN they started early afternoon and Bono left the stadium at 1.30 am

PICO Y PALA EN EL ACCESO AL ESTADIO// Una cifra impactante. Como lo es todo lo relacionado con el montaje que verán los casi 180.000 espectadores barceloneses. Solo el equipo de sonido del escenario ha sido transportado en tres tráileres. Y las grúas que han usado para montarlo han tenido problemas para entrar en el estadio hasta el punto que unos operarios tuvieron que hacer más grande la puerta de acceso a base de pico y pala; quitar presión a las ruedas de las grúas no fue suficiente. Un último dato: desmontar el set necesita dos días y medio de faena.

How huge spectacular and all that is everything, the problems they had to enter all the stuff into the stadium, 2 1/2 days to dismantle

Son días de trabajo duro para Bono y sus colegas, tanto sobre el césped del Camp Nou como en la Sala Basilea del interior del estadio, donde han montado una espectacular sala de ensayo. Apenas disfrutarán de una ciudad que adoran y a la que suelen viajar en visitas privadas, donde celebran fiestas con sus amigos. En esta ocasión, no es probable que el cantante vaya a Cadaqués ni a Figueres, donde se ha dejado caer en más de una ocasión para disfrutar de las obras de Dalí. Quizá tras el segundo concierto en Barcelona, el 2 de julio.

they work hard and do not visit BCN -even there were chronicles speaking about bono seen in some restaurants. Bono possibly won't have time to visit Dalis Museum in Figueres, which he is very fond of

Tendrán unos días libres antes de aterrizar en Milán, segunda parada del tour (7 de julio). De hecho, han reservado el Arts más allá del día 2. The Edge y Adam Clayton se hospedan allí, mientras que Larry Mullen se ha instalado en una masía a ocho kilómetros de Barcelona (es el único que prescindió del avión privado y apareció por su propio pie en la terminal B de El Prat recién llegado de un vuelo regular desde Londres). Bono ha elegido un hotel distinto al de la Vila Olímpica. Pero no descartan hacer parada y fonda en Niza, donde el líder tiene una mansión. Habrán sido uno, dos, tres... 16 días de vértigo en la ciudad.

edge and adam stay at hotel arts (reservation even later than 2nd july)

bono is in another one (do not say names)

larry in a village 8 km away from bcn larry arrived from london in regular flight

maybe they go to niza in between

that's all folks
more or less

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom