Does anyone think U2 will go big like POPmart fot their next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bizkitgto

Acrobat
I hope they bring back some songs from POP, in Vertigo they played alot of their older stuff which is great, but I would really like to see more POP on the next tour, just my idea. Is their any news on what the next tour's stage design will look like? I love the idea of a stadium show, POPmart was amazing!!

Sorry, I meant:
Does anyone think U2 will go big like POPmart for their next tour?

Love POP, but assume maybe one song will come back from it... my favorite is IF GOD WILL SEND HIS ANGELS, but I feel like they can't really play it live.

I saw STARING AT THE SUN or MOFO would be good for this tour.

I see this tour being ZOO TV meets the last 2 tours... so it will be trying to have an intimate feel at a stadium. So far we know it's supposed to be in the round in the center of the field. Something about sound being projected to certain places...

Whatever it is, it's going to be great.

A spectacle a-la Popmart would be :drool:
One of the best experiences of my U2 tour life.. *shivers*

I just want to be able to hear them...stadiums are torture on the sound quality ;(

Bono said it in an interview. :sexywink:

http://www.send space.com/file/5tgjxa

Larry mentioned it as well:

2FM to broadcast Larry Mullen interview

In addition to the group's new album No Line on the Horizon, the Larrys will discuss the changing face of the music industry and the band's upcoming tour, which Mullen said could take audiences sky-bound.

"[The stage is] like a spaceship," Mullen told Gogan. "And I know we've done spaceships before and walked out of citrus fruits! But this allows us to be paced close to the centre of the stadium. It hasn't been done before. Essentially, it's trying to bring the band closer to the audience and that's the challenge."

Elevation and Vertigo were a perfect paracetamol following the extravagance ZooTV and Popmart. But I've got clear head again now and I'm ready for the return of the BIG U2 show.

I just hope the economy doesn't lead them to scale back on some of their ideas.

Well I think landing in on a spaceship is pretty big.

Yes it is.I think this will be a bit more intimate than Popmart but it will be there best stage design since if that makes sense.Also if this tour revolves around a spaceship they should consider playing these songs if not the same night then at least rotate various nights:

Mofo,Discotheque,Lemon,Numb,Zooropa(yah right),and Night and Day.:up:

After Elevation and Vertigo I'm hungry for irony, kitch, village people costumes and Macphisto :D

I think this will be POPmart done right. Think about it! Excellent album but they are sharp and not jumping in tomorrow. Let the PR train roll and when it dies, the tour will begin and we'll have the boys in top form!

Back
Top Bottom