Do You Wear A U2 Concert-Shirt To A U2 Concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you wear a U2 concert T-shirt to a U2 concert?

• HELL YEAH!!! I'm a true fan!

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • NO! Don't be "that" guy.

Votes: 43 40.2%
  • Who can afford a concert t-shirt?

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know, topless is played out. Partying bottomless is where it's at now.

true
No shirt and I'm thinking redneck trashy but no pants - that get the attention everytime.
Very classy

I think the older shirts and often perfer if they are worn at another group's show (to show superior musical taste). I saw a old zoo tee on a guy at the Police show a couple years back - I was very impressed and flirting and drinks followed.

Assless chaps, that's a given.

Shirt, if you wear one, should be a vintage Poison tank top.

Cowboy hat, maybe. Bandana either way.

See you all on Saturday!

No, I wouldn't wear one of their shirts to their concert. :shrug: I don't care if others do, it's just not something I'd ever thought of doing. The shirt I bought for Vertigo was a bit on the small side back then, and one accident with a dryer later, and it's too small to be worn any more. :lol: Oh well!

I have it all planned out. I'm wearing my Coldplay shirt today. I'll wear my U2 Go Home shirt tomorrow. On Saturday, show day, I'll wear my Zootopia shirt.

About the only time I wear my U2 shirt is when I go to the concert. And YES, the older it is, the COOLER it would be. Some concert t-shirts are actually good quality. Some of my Elevation shirts are still good, but I also have one that looks so worn out even though I've only worn it a few times.

I haven't worn one to a concert yet, but I may this time. I have a nice U2 Go Home one I might wear one night. I didn't buy one for Vertigo, didn't have a chance to get to the vendors selling them (waiting in GA line all day) and my Elevation shirt is still in pretty good shape, despite, many, many washings, but it's not really a style I would wear now. It's best for sleeping in.

I voted "no, don't be that guy". Although I could have opted for "cannot afford" as well. But, then again, I'm an old guy.

Why is it that people think that it is uncool to wear a U2 t-shirt to a U2 show?

I voted 'no' but there's a caveat to that- like others have mentioned, if it's 'vintage' that's acceptable, or if it's from a 'special' show, like the first of the tour, or Dublin.

I like the idea of the (RED) shirts or Bono - fish can fly or edun, something related, that "true" fans will recognize. I'm thinking I'm just gonna go with a black tank to show off the U2 tat - more hardcore than a tee, right? For Vegas I might wear one of my 'altered' U2 tees. :hmm:

Don't wear what I saw this woman wearing. It was a homemade shirt with 'U2' in super blinding bright pink letters on the front, and 'Sheffield 20th Aug' on the back :crack:

I voted hell yes! guess which one is me in this pic from Vertigo tour Chicago! :reject: :wink:

Dsc00573.jpg

A U2 shirt or a plain shirt... I can't stand when people where other bands' merchandise to a concert (like seeing a PJ shirt at a Chris Cornell show... yes because all Seattle musicians are one in the same), same with when people where merchandise for an irrelevant team or worse, the wrong sport to a game.

I've never been a fan of the whole "wear the band's shirt to that band's gig" thing. Though the vintage shirts are pretty cool, those are the exception. I do wear U2 "inspired" shirts. For example, my staple U2 concert wear is my "THE GOAL IS SOUL" tee. Except for TO2, when I will be wearing my "SPACE MOON" tee.

I never did make that "WHO(RED) MYSELF FOR TICKETS" shirt. :reject:

It has held up very well...I wear it quite a bit! I wash it in cold water..and sometimes do not put it in the dryer....it is my favorite U2 shirt I have bought.

I'll have to take a picture of mine to show you how pathetic mine looks now.

Full shot:
There are holes in this shirt.
IMG_2827.jpg

Close up shot of the holes:
IMG_2829.jpg

Back shot:
It has held up nicely
IMG_2830.jpg

Hell yeah!!..I'm going to wear my shirt U2 go home from U2.com for TO 1 ...and Probably a shirt I buy from this tour for night 2 :) :applaud:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom