Do we know how many legs of the tour there will be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4 legs on the claw (as noted by zoopop), 8 legs on the bandmembers, untold number of legs in the audience (hopefully some of them will be spread)

There will be at least another European and American leg in 2010. South America was also rumored for 2010, and I assume they'll go back to Australia, NZ and Japan.

At this stage, it's been reported that leg three will be North America, June-July 2010, leg four will be Europe, August-September 2010, and leg five will be South America, October 2010.

No word on an Australian leg; if it happens, I expect it would follow South America in November 2010.

At this stage, it's been reported that leg three will be North America, June-July 2010, leg four will be Europe, August-September 2010, and leg five will be South America, October 2010.

No word on an Australian leg; if it happens, I expect it would follow South America in November 2010.

So the 3rd leg won't start for 7-8 months after the 2nd leg ends?

Am i missing something? Is that typical?

Thanks for the info - just trying to get this all figured out!

So the 3rd leg won't start for 7-8 months after the 2nd leg ends?

Am i missing something? Is that typical?

Thanks for the info - just trying to get this all figured out!

No, it's not typical at all. There's been some speculation why it might be the case - Songs Of Ascent release, band want to spend more time with their families rather than being on the road for a year straight, the tour's production favours mid-year shows (i.e. Northern summer), stadium availability. I imagine it's a mix of all of that.

Or maybe Australia's going to get lucky with some March 2010 shows. God, I'd love that.

No, it's not typical at all. There's been some speculation why it might be the case - Songs Of Ascent release, band want to spend more time with their families rather than being on the road for a year straight, the tour's production favours mid-year shows (i.e. Northern summer), stadium availability. I imagine it's a mix of all of that.

Or maybe Australia's going to get lucky with some March 2010 shows. God, I'd love that.

Thanks for the info and follow up. How do you know everything?!

One last question: is it fairly certain that the 3rd leg will be in the US?

Thanks for the info and follow up. How do you know everything?!

One last question: is it fairly certain that the 3rd leg will be in the US?

I read/remember too much. :laugh:

The 3rd and 4th leg news came from sources like Billboard who were correct about the 1st and 2nd leg details. It's still just a rumour so I wouldn't get too confident about it, but it's worth taking seriously as an indicator of the band's intentions. I wouldn't be expecting an announcement in any tremendous hurry, but you can get an idea of what markets they'd be visiting by looking at what's been missed on the current leg.

There was a supposed list from livenation at one point in another thread about a potential list of cities for NA in 2010 which is probably fairly accurate.

There was a supposed list from livenation at one point in another thread about a potential list of cities for NA in 2010 which is probably fairly accurate.

Do you have a link to the thread?

Don't know if I will make the 2nd leg so it will be helpful in planning...

During the presentation of the tour to the Spanish media Paul MacGuinness said that U2 will be playing in two different Spanish cities late summer or early autumn next year, so I think they'll probably play South and North America in spring. I hope Australia gets her leg too.

God i would love it so much if they came out with SOA like around christmas and then next year kick it off back with US Stadiums with the new songs :D :D :D :D

I would might actually faint from happiness.

^ doubt it given that Edge has said as recently as late June that they have SOA to come soon, then all the Rubin stuff to release after that.

Am I missing something or did Bono not say recently that "No Line will be the U2 product on sale this Christmas" or something similar? Which would mean...actually, that could well mean a late spring release for SOA, which would be cool.

I REALLY hope they wait to film the tour DVD until late next year. Not that there's all that much wrong with the shows now, but just wait until they're clicking on all cylinders, add more visuals to the screens, etc. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom