DC, Charlottesville, Atlanta, Tampa, Los Angeles, Vancouver Pre-Sale & General Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ohhh fuck I'm nervous...when I checked U2.com about 10 minutes ago and saw Rose Bowl my heart rate increased a good amount! Ok so can I get someone's advice on this...I plan on going to the Rose Bowl show with my family...so I'm going to spend all 4 pre sale code tix for GA...but I also plan on going to the Vegas show...but since the Rose Bowl is so massive, would it be smarter to save pre sale tix for Vegas and hope that Rose Bowl GA won't be sold out by the time public sale starts? Or is that too risky?

Also...just to test it out, I went to the Chicago show, and chose GA, and it automatically selected the $55 price range...and then for location it has GA Standing...so that makes sense...do you guys think it will be the same way for the Rose Bowl show?

I'm taking my family to LA also. I want to go to a Vegas show too and was wondering the same thing, but now without any dates for Vegas at all, I'm just going to use all four for LA. If they add dates for Vegas I'll try in the general sale I guess?

The idea of holding one back and then not getting a ticket for one of my kids for LA, makes me feel sick. I know there will probably be GA for sale in LA somewhere, but money is an issue. So, I'll be playing it safe.

That's my understanding of buying the tickets too. Good luck!

anyone have an opinion on how the general sale for VA will go? Easy or insane like NY? Just curious since I am going to have to go this route for tix.

Charlottesville GA? Probably less hectic. It appears on the map that more GAs will be offered compared to many stadiums because they are selling the lawn as GA.

I'm betting on my Boots code being useless for LA GA. I'm nervous.

a couple thoughts.........

Rob - GA will be standing on the field regardless of venue, no matter what is stated when clicking seat availability. Has anyone seen otherwise? :shrug:

I can't imagine there will be more ga's at the rose bowl than vegas (or any other stadium for that matter). A football field is uniform in size so the ga area will be just as large at each venue. The rose bowl may look huge on the seating chart, but it holds 100,000 cuz the rows go up forever.. However it is not as big as the LA Coliseum (and maybe some of the east coast stadiums), the Coliseum has a track around the football field in addition. The Rose bowl has the football field, then the seating starts. My guess is that the rose bowl will have maybe 30 rows or so being 250, then another 30 or so at 95, then the rest being 30. Paying 250 and being on the opposite end of a stadium doesn't sound too appealing. I would prefer being on the side up a bit at 100. Just my thinking.

If there is no lottery, then the group of fans going for ga and arriving early will be able to group together and have some cushion wherever they end up standing in ga. And will most likely end up on a rail somewhere. If there is a lottery, then not everyone will be selected obviously, and some will end up inside some out. Still, everyone should have someone they know close by.

Ya gotta be ready with your preferences when you get on that ticketbastard site :wink:
The tough part is deciding whether to release the tix that come up and trying to get something you would rather have. You could end up doing this: :doh:

A football field is uniform in size so the ga area will be just as large at each venue.

I think Charlottesville will be an exception - their seating chart on TM shows the lawn/amphitheater on the slope as GA in addition to the football field. That adds a few thousand probably.

Excellent post

Hardyharhar (I remember that cartoon :) ) You're right about there not being a track...I hadn't thought about that. I've sat down very low for a football game and the field does feel kind of 'small'; I hadn't realized that it's probably because the seats do start right next to the field, without a track. If fact those low seats are awful...they are literally level with the field. We had to stand up to see over the players heads!

Do we know for a FACT that they're going to Raleigh? I'm not sure if I should just buy a Char.ville ticket or wait and hope that the Raleigh date becomes true...:doh::doh::doh:

They are waiting to see how Washington DC, Charlottsville, and Atlanta sell, before they put the Raleigh show on sale. If they feel sales are strong, what they expect, or even stronger for those first 3 cities, then Raleigh will likely get a show on this leg. If not, they may do Raleigh in June 2010.

I wish they would just announce all the shows and be done with it. I live in DC so I'm willing to make the trip to Char.ville, but I have a close friend that lives in Raleigh so I prefer going there. I know from a business point of view, what they're doing is smart, but it's kinda screwing us over a bit. Some of us at least

I suspect that the GA lawn in Charlottesville will be sold separate from the GA standing on the field. Maybe in the $55 or $30 range?

uh.........no :shifty:

why? whatcha thinking? I didn't expect to receive one til the night before :crack:

*hitsrefreshonyahooagain*

Well I never received the email about our 'free gifts' and I havent received this one yet so just wondering if my emails from u2.com died. :depressed:

:hmm:

thanks for the tips :)

So I guess I'll just go for the 4 Rose Bowl GA tix....if it says sold out should I just keep trying or go for other seats? I was reading stories in other threads about how sometimes it says sold out but if u keep trying even for a few hours, tickets will open up...in the meantime though, tickets are being bought up! Ughh....this is so nerve racking haha...good thing my University celebrates Ceasar Chavez day tomorrow haha...no class! Looks like I'll be setting my alarm early though :)

Good luck everyone!

Has anyone actually gotten an email from u2.com about this? :crack:

:angry:

Well I never received the email about our 'free gifts' and I havent received this one yet so just wondering if my emails from u2.com died. :depressed:

:angry:

Don't get me started - you know my feelings on this, and that I've tried asking over there. Not one email whatsoever. You'd think I'd have gotten an email saying they were recording a new album, released it, promoted it a bit, scheduled a tour, etc. Nothing :angry:

And I do hope we can band together on the field for protection if, worst case scenario, we don't get inside the circle. :hug:

I never got an email about the first Chicago presale, but I did get an email about the special CD coming soon. I have no idea what's going on. Thank god for this place - at least I get some information here!

Well if it works like every other presale they've had so far the email will come tonight, not sure why this u2.com email would come before any of the others.

msnblue.jpg

Well if it works like every other presale they've had so far the email will come tonight, not sure why this u2.com email would come before any of the others.

Then how did you get the info to start the thread? Just by looking at u2.com? I've always started the threads based on the email so I thought you had already gotten the email.

Black Eyed Peas? That's the first I've heard that. That wouldn't be too bad.
There are 5 of us planning to buy tickets for the shows and right now, we are using two Horizon codes tomorrow to get GA tickets (buying 6 tickets, so one gal will have 2 left over for the show in her home state). Then two of us are saving our codes for any announcement for Northern California (we're assuming Oakland or SF on the next leg). One of our group has already used her code for seats in Dublin. She's taking her husband and kids to the show in Croke Park :)applaud:).
But that's how we're doing it. We're pooling our codes so we all get what we want and we all don't have to stress out tomorrow. Then we know we have "leftovers" for the next leg.
I must admit I'm stressed about the GA situation at the Rose Bowl. I don't want to be outside the inner circle, so we plan to be there as early as we can (day before) and just camp. At least that's our plan until we hear otherwise after the tour starts.
Woo Hoo!!! I love tour adrenaline!!!! It's crazy, but it's good crazy....:hyper:

Wasn't the Norman, OK show supposed to be on sale this week too? What happened to it?

Then how did you get the info to start the thread? Just by looking at u2.com? I've always started the threads based on the email so I thought you had already gotten the email.

Knowing that the original onsale dates were quickly approaching, and knowing that the seating charts were posted yesterday on TM, when I woke up to get something to drink in the middle of the night I decided to check U2.com to see if they had updated the show list.

Yes, I'm obsessed. :crack: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom