Cute way to give U2 tickets to someone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RN1024

Babyface
I purchased u2 tickets for my bf and I'd like to give them to him but in a cute/creative way (vs sticking them in an envelope). Any ideas you could suggest? :)

Put them in an envelope, then a box, then a bigger box, and a bigger box.. etc. Make them think its something other than tickets. :D

My parents did that for me for my birthday actually :lol: they had a box that could've fit a bicycle, then another box, then an envelope, then my tickets...I am never trusting box size again ;)

I got tickets for U2's Montreal 2 Vertigo show in March of 2005. I kept our tickets a secret from my son for 8 months until I gave him the card I made below that featured photos of the band and an appoximate view of our seats. I made a pocket in which I put his ticket. This was his 13th birthday present and the concert was the following week! Montreal is about 9 hours from here. We managed to keep the whole trip a secret from him for the whole 8 months. It was hard to do, but worth the surprise!

100_6271.jpg

Thank you!

Great ideas! Although were in our 30's I definitely want to keep the surprise PG or at least pg 13 ;) I was originally thinking something along the lines of the last poster above (with the picture of her son). Thanks for the picture its very cute. Please keep the ideas coming if you read this!

How about buying one of the many U2 related books and put the tickets in the book. you could do the same with One of the limited edition cd releases like JT or The unforgettable fire.

Put them in an empty Nickleback CD cover.

We want this person at the concert, don't we?? :wink:

:shifty: Fold them and put them in a tiny jeweller's box.

I'm picturing this the other way around: guy get's tiny jeweller's box, hides U2 tickets inside..takes gf out to a fancy restaurant, tells her he wants her to have something special..maybe he even gets down on one knee........somehow I don't think it's ending quite the way he had hoped :lol:

13th birthday present and the concert was the following week! Montreal is about 9 hours from here.

You have a pretty damn special kid there :) I mean, mine likes U2 and all..but I'd never be able to pull off giving him U2 tickets as a 13th birthday present. Platinum Raptors vs Miami tickets, now that was another story, that totally worked! :D (for the record, I took him to see U2 that fall, at 13 ;))

How about something like this:

:ban:

:wink:

Well my idea was more like, girl gets box out, on her knee, guy gets shit scared sweating bullets like WTF OMG WHAT IS SHE DOING I AM SO NOT READY FOR THIS SHIT and then she takes out the tickets. You bet your ass he'll be happy that they were in the box! :wink:

Well my idea was more like, girl gets box out, on her knee, guy gets shit scared sweating bullets like WTF OMG WHAT IS SHE DOING I AM SO NOT READY FOR THIS SHIT and then she takes out the tickets. You bet your ass he'll be happy that they were in the box! :wink:

LOL! We have a winnah.

Back
Top Bottom