Credit where credit is due

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's great news that everyone is being successful with the presale, Horizons, Breathes, Boots 'n' all.

I'm reserving judgement until Barcelona is done.

I paid £8.90 service charge for each ticket!!! rip off. but got to hand it ticketmaster, took me 90 seconds to get seats 20 meters from the red zone in cardiff. nothing but praise here. well worth the $50.

for those to follow i'd say you have absolutely nothing to get stressed about.

:applaud: for everyone that has been getting tickets so easily.

*waits not so patiently for my turn

U2.com, and shoot, even Ticketmaster, THANK YOU! I am so happy for a smooth purchase of 2 GA's @ The Rose Bowl in L.A!!!!:applaud:

And I was a BOOTS subscriber!!!

This has been really great. I love the way they did the tiers, rewarding long-time members with Horizon but allowing anyone who signed up (or in my case and many of you, resumed payment since letting it lapse after Vertigo) before the tour was announced be Breathe and then milking it with Boots codes up to the very last second of presales, brilliant business for them and peace of mind, bought for $12.50 a ticket.
I've got everything I wanted except one ticket that I think I've got a trade for. :up:

However, shipping is another story, ticketmaster.es I'm looking at you.

After having to throw back 2 sweet tickets to giants stadium 1 in the general sale (forgot to change the price to 95.00, $500 for 2 tickets (BEFORE surcharges, and not including parking and a diamond tiara) is just insane) i was pretty pissed. Enter u2.com. After years of laughing at ineptness (is that a real word?) of that site, I have to say they did right by their subscribers. 2 GA's and 2 lower tier $95 seats was WELL worth the 50 bucks. Can stop worrying about my sister's birthday gift, AND get to go to my first GA u2 concert after 20 yrs of fandom (i feel OLD) all for less then the price of those 2 tickets to the first show. AWESOME. Hope to see some interferencers there. And good luck!!!

P.S. After doing some calculations, those 4 tickets wound up being about the same price as the 2 $250 tickets after you add in the fact that i broke the desk i was sitting at when i couldn't pull up 2 different tickets to the first show :doh:

Yeah didn't you just fill out what tickets you wanted, mail it in, and they send you the tickets? It's been so long I forget how it worked exactly.

Yep, that's how it worked when I got my ticket to Stockholm 1993 and 2 tickets to Slane in 2001. :up:

This was the first time I had exprienced a presale via U2.com and got the 3 GA tickets for the Berlin show I wanted, the only problem I had with eventim.de was understanding the German instructions! :wink:

agree tickermaster has improved since Vertigo sale, still pissed that GA tickets were not available on general public sale day...so instead I went for seated, the first one that came up was in the highest blocks at wembley but side on to the stage, so rejected that and went for the next priced ticket (£85) and got a low tier ticket but a lot further back at this point I thought I better buy it otherwise if I kept rejecting the seats it came up with till I got better ones, I could of ended up with nothing being sold out! What I would love is to get a GA ticket for wembley fri 14th and just get involved in the madness of getting as close to the stage as possible, even queing up in the morning to get a wristband for enclosure by the stage, and on the sat 15th have my more relaxed seated ticket to watch what I experienced the night before but at a distance, taking it all in in the comfort of a reserved seat! :)

Back
Top Bottom