Chicago, Toronto, Boston, and New York - PRE-SALE - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giants Stadium

27234s.gif

That's been up for a while, but it still only has the sections labeled, not the actual seat prices.

Mark

something about this picture makes it feel like a really bad mindfuck.

i feel dizzy looking at it.

Vertigo? :wink:

That's what she said! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Duuuuuuuuuuude!

Ok now looking at that seating chart, and going back to what ticketmaster said earlier, there is no way seats even in some of the 100's could possibly be better than GA.

me, too. dunno which one i'm going to try for first... i may even try for Chicago as well (b/c i haven't decided whether i'll go to that or not). ugh, it's going to be a little bit crazy. :crack:

I would try for Boston first since the "unannounced" Giants Stadium show (on Friday 9/25???) is likely to be more desirable than the show you'll have access to tomorrow.

Did someone say there was a seating chart up for Chicago? It's not on the site that I saw - there were options to view a seating chart, and U2 wasn't listed in the drop-down menu.

I would try for Boston first since the "unannounced" Giants Stadium show (on Friday 9/25???) is likely to be more desirable than the show you'll have access to tomorrow.

:hmm: that sounds like good advice-- the boston show is on a sunday, while the nyc show is on a thurs.... thanks! :wink:

I read that too but that doesn't really make any sense. GA's have to be better than way up in the stands. :der:

That is nothing new. It's always been like that not just for this tour. For GA's your better off specifying GA in the dropdown (not best available).

This was posted on atu2.com:

NOTE: For Boston and Chicago, the pre-sale isn't just for U2.com subscribers it seems. Season ticket holders for the New England Patriots and Chicago Bears have also been given access to the pre-sale starting on March 24. It does appear that "Horizon" subscribers to U2.com will have a two hour jump start on the pre-sale before the Patriots' and Bears' season ticket holders.

Does anybody know how this works (I'm a Pats season ticket holder)?

NOTE: For Boston and Chicago, the pre-sale isn't just for U2.com subscribers it seems. Season ticket holders for the New England Patriots and Chicago Bears have also been given access to the pre-sale starting on March 24. It does appear that "Horizon" subscribers to U2.com will have a two hour jump start on the pre-sale before the Patriots' and Bears' season ticket holders.

Don't each of those teams have like 50,000 season ticket holders?

This is bad news . . . .

I can't imagine 50,000 football fans are all going to rush out to buy U2 tickets. Or how many of them might even know about it right away.

i'm not worried.

Don't each of those teams have like 50,000 season ticket holders?

This is bad news . . . .

Yeah, unless by some miracle the code/password given to the season ticket holders is unique to their account(riiiight). So it seems likely that they can and will then forward those emails all over the place :ohmy:

I can't imagine 50,000 football fans are all going to rush out to buy U2 tickets. Or how many of them might even know about it right away.

i'm not worried.

Even if only 10-20% of them buy tickets, that is a lot of good tickets that could potentially get snapped up before the "Breathe" presale, the "Boots" presale and the general on-sale.

We don't know, of course, if every season-ticket holder will have access to the presale. It may only be premium season ticket holders.

you're being facetious, but if you scroll up and down a bit on the image it is like one of the screen effects from live performances of vertigo!

i think i need to go outside.

:lol:

I wish we had more dates up front, it would be a lot easier to make plans. Also, I was never worried about braving the general sale, but this whole season ticket holder thing is scary.

Yeah, unless by some miracle the code/password given to the season ticket holders is unique to their account(riiiight). So it seems likely that they can and will then forward those emails all over the place :ohmy:

Well hopefully part of that all over the place is right here.

Even if only 10-20% of them buy tickets, that is a lot of good tickets that could potentially get snapped up before the "Breathe" presale, the "Boots" presale and the general on-sale.

We don't know, of course, if every season-ticket holder will have access to the presale. It may only be premium season ticket holders.

:| And that's the answer for those questioning how anyone on ebay could have tickets for sale for specific seats, when the tickets haven't gone on sale for anyone yet. Hopefully this won't prevent any Breathe, Boots or General fans from getting tickets that they can afford.

I love how all we have is a nice range of 30 to 250 (generally speaking) for the US shows.

What do you think 250 is? Is it all the lower seats?

I feel like we have so little information for this tour. Not sure what the prices are in between, where they are, etc. Probably going to be a 2nd show at both Boston/NYC...

And I heard a rumor about arenas...

6 months ahead of time is tough to make decisions.

GA for arenas are great, but is it still going to be cool to be all the way back (worst case)? It might be great...

The problem is we need the first concert to happen so we can figure out all the little tricks, best seats.

I think the behind the stage seats are going to be awesome this time around. I enjoyed them last 2 tours (great sound) and good see really well.

I want to go to both NYC and Boston like I have the past 2 tours. But should I really spend 500 on each show if I get 2 tickets?

My heart and brain are going crazy trying to figure this out. I feel that maybe I should only get Boston tickets and save the presale for later... Of course I hate that it's on a Sunday during football season.

The problem is we need the first concert to happen so we can figure out all the little tricks, best seats.

I think the behind the stage seats are going to be awesome this time around. I enjoyed them last 2 tours (great sound) and good see really well.

Too bad the first show isnt tomorrow, so then we could better figure things out for the U.S. :wink:

Bono said in a recent interview that the behind the stage seats are actually really good. I'd go as far as to bet they will be better than some $250 seats. Yeah you might be staring at their backs most of the night, but they will be a hell of a lot closer to you.

The same thing is happening at the Meadowlands, it seems. My brother just got an e-mail from them (he's not even a season ticket holder...just someone who once bought NJ Nets tickets) and their presale starts at 12pm, two hours after the Horizon one begins.

Also, the e-mail says the opener that night will be Muse.

I don't think season ticket holders having presale access is unique to stadiums or this tour. I'm pretty sure there were hockey/basketball season ticket holders who bought for Vertigo. From arenas to stadiums the season ticket holders should be proportionate, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Besides, being MN Twins season ticket holder, I'm still feeling the sting of paying for those. So, if you were a football season ticket holder, I'm sure you would be careful throwing your money around for a concert that you had no interest in while the economy is the way it is.

Mark

Before everybody freaks out.... remember that the presales are not a GUARANTEE that you - or a football season ticket holder - will get tickets during the presale. I suspect that a certain number of tickets in each price level have been set aside FOR EACH PRESALE. So while all the HORIZON tickets may be snapped up tomorrow, I think (hope?) there would be additional tickets set aside for the BREATHE presale, and more then for the BOOTS presale. If you're a HORIZON member who waits until late in the day tomorrow, you may be out of luck - until more tickets are released for the BREATHE presale on Wednesday; of course, these tickets wouldn't be as good, one would think.

So regarding the football presales, I imagine there's a certain number of tickets set aside for them (granted, ahead of the BREATHE and BOOTS members), and once those are gone, the footballers are out of luck.

Okay, so I'm speculating... what's this board for anyway? :D

Before everybody freaks out.... remember that the presales are not a GUARANTEE that you - or a football season ticket holder - will get tickets during the presale. I suspect that a certain number of tickets in each price level have been set aside FOR EACH PRESALE. So while all the HORIZON tickets may be snapped up tomorrow, I think (hope?) there would be additional tickets set aside for the BREATHE presale, and more then for the BOOTS presale. If you're a HORIZON member who waits until late in the day tomorrow, you may be out of luck - until more tickets are released for the BREATHE presale on Wednesday; of course, these tickets wouldn't be as good, one would think.

I actually agree with you and I think that's exactly how it works.

Too bad the first show isnt tomorrow, so then we could better figure things out for the U.S. :wink:

Bono said in a recent interview that the behind the stage seats are actually really good. I'd go as far as to bet they will be better than some $250 seats. Yeah you might be staring at their backs most of the night, but they will be a hell of a lot closer to you.

It's true --- U2 should have a pre show tomorrow at my house so I know how it goes...

Even if I wanted behind the stage seats, how can you go for them? Are they 95? 30? I wish in ticketmaster you could get more specific...

I'm sure I'll panic and hit best available on Boston... get 2... I should get GA... I know most people here love GA and I liked the GA shows I saw, but I can only take it a few shows... even though we stand up most of the show, it's nice to have a seat and not worry about losing your spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom