Chicago, Boston, East Rutherford, Toronto Pre-Sale Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just checked for pairs.
GA still available.
No $252 coming up in pairs.
$97 is coming up section 103.
$32 is 337 row 1.

Section 103 kind of sucks. I may decide to roll the dice and not buy any tickets now and wait for Boston 2. Would suck if there is no Boston 2 and I am out of $50 for the membership upgrade and no tickets :)

I guess the 300s are available for $95?

I don't know if GAs in NJ sold out but i have a pair to trade when they announce a second show, for anyone that did not get them.

Section 103 kind of sucks. I may decide to roll the dice and not buy any tickets now and wait for Boston 2. Would suck if there is no Boston 2 and I am out of $50 for the membership upgrade and no tickets :)

I guess the 300s are available for $95?
Certainly take a look when the presale starts, they may load some new seats on, and with Ticketslave, you never know what might pop, so keep checking.

I seem to be missing something. Seems everyone wants GA tickets but I'm thinking that these will actually not be that great. It was one thing to be on the floor of an arena but on a football field, unless you are up by the stage, it is going to be very difficult to see, especially since the band will be elevated above where you are standing. For instance, the stage is set up around the 30 yard-line. If you are in GA and the closest you can get is the 10 yard line on the other side of the field, it is going to be very tough to watch the show. Yes, people sing and dance in GA but they do everywhere else in the stadium.

Let me know if there is somehting I am missing. I just think that the GA tickets will be tough, which is why they cost so much less than every other ticket in the stadium.

You're right. Not to be a killjoy, but getting GAs is only 50% of the battle. Everyone who goes for GAs pictures themselves up against the barrier, no one sees themselves in the opposite endzone.

They only allot a certain number of tickets for presales and leave a good chunk for general onsale. They never put everything up for presales.

That is what they do sometimes. But on the Vertigo Tour in 2005, they soldout the first Wacovia Center show almost exclusively through the pre-sale, and were talking ALL tickets in ALL sections, not just GA.

So it remains to be seen if there will be any GA left for Toronto people in the general sale. If Horizon Toronto gets GA, but Breath and Boots groups can't get any GA, then I think that is a strong sign that there will not be any GA in the general sale.

You're right. Not to be a killjoy, but getting GAs is only 50% of the battle. Everyone who goes for GAs pictures themselves up against the barrier, no one sees themselves in the opposite endzone.

Better get there early!!:wink:

the sound is going to suck in the circle. If you read about the speakers they are on top of the claws on each side. You want to be near sound board for best sound.....
the light show will probably be better from distance as well. Radiohead last tour was cool in pit but sound sucked and lightshow was not as intense as when you went back to seats

One thing I can say about Skydome is the sound closest to the stage is always the best. The further away you get, the worse it is. Others with more experience (u2 popmart esp) might have more input. The inner circle will have great sound from the stage, it's no different to me than being right at the front in an arena, those speakers are almost behind you (above) so you get stage levels too.

Is behind the stage bad?

Is it bad to be behind the stage? The pictures of the stage make it look like the stage is open, so in some of these stadiums, sets behind the stage seem to be much better than seats all the way on the other side of the stadium. True??

Ugh I'm picturing there only being like 5 ga's left by the time boots can buy tix for boston =(

Is it bad to be behind the stage? The pictures of the stage make it look like the stage is open, so in some of these stadiums, sets behind the stage seem to be much better than seats all the way on the other side of the stadium. True??

Better look at the stage diagram again...looks obstructed to me. And the tix are cheap, so....

I loved my behind the stage seats during the Vertigo tour.
Depends how close you are though.

Gabe, I read what you said a page or so back about the release of tickets for Rogers. Maybe you can explain something to me. What I don't get it, in every other city in Europe and NA, all fanclub members seemed to easily get what they wanted, right through to the boots sale in Europe, and in all the US cities through the breathe sale so far, and they'll probably do fine in boots, too.

So, why the problems with Toronto? I can't see demand there being so much higher than other cities that not one breathe member has gotten a GA. So, it's got to be a problem with the release/allotment of tickets. That wouldn't be left up to the venue though, would it? Wouldn't it be up to the promoter, and wouldn't it make sense that they'd have a uniform policy for all venues, if not world wide, then at least on the continent?

I'm incredibly bummed. :(

So, why the problems with Toronto? I can't see demand there being so much higher than other cities that not one breathe member has gotten a GA. So, it's got to be a problem with the release/allotment of tickets. That wouldn't be left up to the venue though, would it? Wouldn't it be up to the promoter, and wouldn't it make sense that they'd have a uniform policy for all venues, if not world wide, then at least on the continent?

I'm incredibly bummed. :(

I've noticed that membership in the U2.com fanclub seems to be much higher in North America than it is in Europe. Many people in Europe seem to refuse to pay a membership fee in order to simply have a better chance at getting tickets, which is how many there view it. U2 is also more popular in Canada than in the United States and this is the only Canadian show to go on sale so far.

So it could be just a case of overwhelming demand in Toronto do to a much higher number of
U2.com subscribers in Canada.

I've noticed that membership in the U2.com fanclub seems to be much higher in North America than it is in Europe. Many people in Europe seem to refuse to pay a membership fee in order to simply have a better chance at getting tickets, which is how many there view it. U2 is also more popular in Canada than in the United States and this is the only Canadian show to go on sale so far.

Right. It seems that this year U2 will visit only 2 Canadian cities, which may explain for the increased demand.

OK, I started late, but I still got my tickets:

Section 135, row 26

So, I'll be on the side. I hope I get a good view.

So it could be just a case of overwhelming demand in Toronto do to a much higher number of
U2.com subscribers in Canada.

I realize that U2 are hugely popular here, but with all the coveted destinations on this tour - Dublin, NYC, the NA leg opener in Chicago - and the way hardcore fans who would have memberships like to travel to shows, I really don't believe that Toronto tickets would be that much more in demand than any of these shows. At least not enough that only a minuscule number of Breathe fans got GAs, whereas in other cities, Breathe members were able to get GAs with ease, hours after they went on sale.

I think Rogers, Ticketmaster, somebody fucked around with the allotment numbers.

I have a question to those who have purchased tickets and selected ticketfast (print your tickets) as the option for ticket delivery. I purchased 2 tickets yesterday through the presale for Chicago but as of today when I log in to my ticketmaster account I cannot print out my tickets. There is a note that says "Ticket delivery for this event will be delayed". Is anyone else having this issue?

Back
Top Bottom