Chicago, Boston, East Rutherford, Toronto Pre-Sale Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was in Breathe as well.

Got 4 100 level tickets for Giants Stadium. My only concern is that they may be covered as they are in row 23.

I was going to get GA but I was thinking that GA this time around may be alot differnet than GA on Vertigo or Elevation as you are now on a football field rather than an arena floor.

I imagine a block of GAs could get released in the next few hours. It happened during presales for Vancouver Vertigo. I grabbed them well after 36hrs of the presale starting. This is just nuts to think there are no more GAs for Toronto.

Like I said, it defies comprehension but man why are Breathe members unable to get GAs? THAT many Horizon members were out there yesterday? Seems unbelievable!

I just don't understand how this could happen. GAs were gone FIVE MINUTES after 10 EST. And what's this about no presale GAs being released for the potential second show? Are you serious? :|

I only became a member in February, so I never expected to be "Breathe", but it turns out I am and have wasted the first 2 hours of the presale. Now, I can't get anything better than 100 levels and don't want to shell out $252 for what I fear looks like a crappy view from the stands. Anyone know if more GAs will be available or at least Row 1 100 levels will be available?

Everyone has to remember that with the presle you are not guaranteed to get tickets or at least the ones you want

I only became a member in February, so I never expected to be "Breathe", but it turns out I am and have wasted the first 2 hours of the presale. Now, I can't get anything better than 100 levels and don't want to shell out $252 for what I fear looks like a crappy view from the stands. Anyone know if more GAs will be available or at least Row 1 100 levels will be available?

YOU want GAs???!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

You think those are good seats? They are close, but you always feel as if the bend never plays to you :)

Yes, I think they are great seats actually. I sat in very similar seats for a couple of Vertigo shows at the Garden and loved them. The stage is wide open so you will have a great view too.

Much prefer that then being 100 yards away on the other end of the field.

What are the sections in which you can buy the $95 in Boston? 131 and up?

I saw section 110 as $252.00 and section 109 as $97.50, so in the lowers, thats where the break is (on the other side 131 would be $252 and 132 would be $97.50)

So aside from GA and getting beeped into the RID Crabzone, sections 109 and 132 would be the best value at Gillette.

Let's be realistic: the $252 seats are going to be AWESOME seats. Just look at the stage design. Likely as good if not better than some of the top arena seats..

Yes, I think they are great seats actually. I sat in very similar seats for a couple of Vertigo shows at the Garden and loved them. The stage is wide open so you will have a great view too.

Much prefer that then being 100 yards away on the other end of the field.

In the Garden, they are excellent seats, I saw 2 Vertigo shows from loge 15 and 2 from loge 20, much better seats at the 2nd price level than anything at the top price level. Just not sure if it will translate as well in a football stadium.

I know the 2005 presale was bad (I was part of it) but what makes this year different? What did U2 do differently this year than in '05?

Let's be realistic: the $252 seats are going to be AWESOME seats. Just look at the stage design. Likely as good if not better than some of the top arena seats..
Thanks.
Do you think I would have trouble reselling at face value if, by chance, I got a better ticket down the road? The same ticket seems to be showing up the last 20 minutes: Section 113, Row 13, Seat 11.

I know the 2005 presale was bad (I was part of it) but what makes this year different? What did U2 do differently this year than in '05?

In 05, there were no categories like this year's 3 tiered presale, so lots of scalpers/brokers signed up right before the presales and the initial presales were clusterf*cks. As the shows were in arenas, the allotment of available seats was less as well and a lot of long time Prop members got garbage seats or shut out. Thus Larry wrote a strongly worded letter and former Prop members got new codes for leg 3 presales.

In the Garden, they are excellent seats, I saw 2 Vertigo shows from loge 15 and 2 from loge 20, much better seats at the 2nd price level than anything at the top price level. Just not sure if it will translate as well in a football stadium.

Section 20 was great. I was there for both December Vertigo shows.

So you think in a stadium setting it is better to be on the opposite end of the field looking straight at the stage than being on the side of the stage? I don't mind so much if they are facing me when they are playing, but I would much prefer to be closer to the stage...especially at a stadium.

I saw Green Day at Gillette in section 137 and felt to far away from the show.

it must be me, i am usually just glad to be in the venue, not that i dont like u2 less than other bands i have seen multiple times, it's waaay easier for indigo girls seats in the front row.

Then again, i need disabled seats, so the presales dont have really any effect on me.
(i could not stand for a full show, would kill me...)

Mike/ uppitycrip

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom