Cameras: Just an Opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be honest, I find the chicks who insist on getting on stage to be FAR more annoying. Out by the tip you sometimes had like up to a dozen of them sitting on their b/f's/husband's shoulders, screaming, waving, bobbing up and down, sometimes holding up obnoxious large signs, etc for 2 or 3 songs continunously. That obstructed my view and limited my enjoyment a hell of a lot more than some guy trying to take a photo or texting a buddy at home. I honestly wish that Bono would stop this practice altogether.

yeah that is scary that is! my first time right in the front of the pit was at Elevation and seeing all these blokes just next to me trying to lift their screaming birds up to B-man was mind-boggling :coocoo:

needless to say he ignored em all that night hahaha

i don't take pix myself but my friend does and she's always respectful of everyone around us. it's nice to have a memento of the show but a camera blocking your view the whole time is ridiculous. honestly, to me the talking through the show is the most annoying thing. i just saw blondie play the fillmore in sf and there were so many people around me having entire conversations. i just don't get that!

I enjoy taking pictures at shows, specifically U2 shows because I want to be able to capture the memory and look back on it and remember where I was, what was happening, and how great the experience was. For me, photos are necessary ( in all aspects of life, not just concerts ). Pictures help jog the memory, because god knows mine would be shot if I didnt have pictures

However I couldnt possibly take pictures or talk on the phone the whole 2 hours. I want to be able to relax and enjoy the majority of the show without worrying about if my pictures are coming out.

I have to say that...photography if done right, can provide some memorable images of the concert you are going to. I just shot a few shots per show occasionally. Some people do go crazy and are constantly shooting. I can see how it can get in the way of enjoying the show itself.
Personally, most of my favorite shots of my favorite artists, including U2, are taken by me. That's a pretty cool feeling and a great reminder of how great the show was. I don't mind others shooting around me, just don't get in my line of sight...

This is a shot I took of the Edge during the 1st night of the Vertigo Tour in Denver 2005. Happened to be my favorite U2 shot of the year...of course any real U2 fan knows this was taken during the intro to ZooStation.

U2.jpg

Yeah Otto's pictures are so great, there's really no point in me trying anyway!

Otto's shots are probably better than anything from u2 official photographers did at live gigs. I was really disappointed at the photos in U2SHOW. Of course, he went to eleaborate ends to sneak in equipment in 97/01.

i just saw the other topic on this that was just closed, but i just wanted to say that i think it's fine. i plan on taking many pics and videos on my cell phone, and if anyone asks me to stop because i'm blocking their view or something, then i will.

I'm not gonna lie. I can't help myself BUT to take pictures. I enjoy the show. I enjoy photography. I enjoy taking pictures of bands in concert. I enjoy taking pictures of U2 in concert.

I just went and saw Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction in Toronto.

Due to Trent's lax rules on photography, I managed to snap a ton of pictures. I was in heaven. People want to immortalize their idols with pictures. I'm one of those people. Not to say....look how close I got....but to say, I took this picture. It isn't from a magazine or a website.

I also believe in karma too. When I was much poorer, I sold pictures during the Elevation tour to help me get from show to show. Now I never sell a picture. I ask folks to look at my site, and I'll blow a picture or two up for them.

Heck I remember coming through customs and actually giving the guard some U2 pictures I took.

I like the memories. I don't try to irritate the band. I'm also not a professional. I also try not to get in people's way.

You never know what you can capture.

My best shot of the Edge

00061_00476_20051022_214750_4870_B14B5A_md.jpg

My best shot of Bono.

00061_00476_20051022_215255_4877_89FDB6_md.jpg

One of my faves from the Elevation tour....film

n512545446_417367_2000.jpg

I have to say that...photography if done right, can provide some memorable images of the concert you are going to. I just shot a few shots per show occasionally. Some people do go crazy and are constantly shooting. I can see how it can get in the way of enjoying the show itself.
Personally, most of my favorite shots of my favorite artists, including U2, are taken by me. That's a pretty cool feeling and a great reminder of how great the show was. I don't mind others shooting around me, just don't get in my line of sight...

This is a shot I took of the Edge during the 1st night of the Vertigo Tour in Denver 2005. Happened to be my favorite U2 shot of the year...of course any real U2 fan knows this was taken during the intro to ZooStation.

U2.jpg

Holy Crap! That might be the best photo I've seen of U2. Amazing!

I'm not gonna lie. I can't help myself BUT to take pictures. I enjoy the show. I enjoy photography. I enjoy taking pictures of bands in concert. I enjoy taking pictures of U2 in concert.

People want to immortalize their idols with pictures. I'm one of those people. Not to say....look how close I got....but to say, I took this picture. It isn't from a magazine or a website.

Yeah damn right, I agree with everything you said. I'm not one for people filming loads of the show on their cameras, thats a bit pointless if you ask me, but photos are perfectly fine.

i was in general admission last tour, when bono was near me on the catwalk i was bloody annoyed by all the cameraphones that everyone in front of me was holding up.

i was just watching bono though someone's phone, was the best view i got actually.

that was 4 years ago. i suspect it's gonna be a lot worse by now.

UGH

Back
Top Bottom