Brussels, Paris and Coimbra presale/gen sale info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got a mail saying that we will receive the tickets for the Brussels shows before the summer holidays...

Welcome to how it works in the UK. I've had tickets arrive (literally) the day before a gig. To call it annoying is an understatement. It's completely hypocritical as well given that Live Nation have encouraged people to scalp (sorry "re-sell") tickets on Viagogo you would think they'd want them sent out as early as possible to maximise scalping.

:| What is this bullshit. Serioulsy, this is NOT the way to beat scalpers. Not at all.

No but Live Nation are more interested in "maximising revenue" than beating scalpers anyway.

The late sending is just the same sort of crap we've had for years when buying tickets in the UK. Going to see the Pet Shop Boys on Friday, the tickets arrived on Tuesday. Few years ago I saw Bon Jovi on a Friday with the tickets arriving on a Thursday - tickets that I would not have been able to physically get had I not contacted Seetickets and got them to use Royal Mail instead of the pathetically useless courier company they were using at the time. It's a ridiculous state of affairs that achieves nothing other than inconveniencing everyone.

Ugh, what idiot ever came up with this idea? :crack:

Nice that they're screwing over the fans royally and STILL allow 'legal' websites to rip us off as well by selling legit tickets for 5x the price. :happy: WAY to go Livenation, way to go.

For small arena shows I can understand to some extent what they are trying to accomplish here. But for stadium that barely sell out no way. This is punishing the many to go after the few and, it does not work. I got my Wembley tickets last year a few days before the event and still had time to tell the seated tickets (which I had replaced with GAs when they became available) on to other people before the event (albeit at cost price including delivery). If I had been a scalper I could still have sold them. But the point of these big stadium shows is people will not pay so much more than ticket price anyway because there is no need to (with the exception of one or two places like Coimbra).

It is very sneaky that they announce all these bullshit policies after taking your hundreds of Euros rather than being upfront about it. I much prefer the Live Nation/Ticketmaster US approach of treating their customers like adults (rather than a bunch of ticket touting criminals) and providing tickets when you pay for them. Why they treat Europeans with such contempt is beyond me except, perhaps, all this talk of cooperating with the government in Belgium. I wish such European governments would stop interfering in everyone's lives at such a micro level - they take the joy out of what ought to be a joyous occasion. GRrrr

*bump*

So any of the Brussels goers, have you received your tickets or any notification on when they'll arrive yet?

No tickets or notification yet. I hope that they pull their fingers out soon I dont want them to be delivered last minute as I will be in Paris.

Sigh, this is annoying. I'm in the same boat as you Trainspotter, I leave on holidays july 14. What if they're delivered when there's nobody at home for two weeks? They'll get sent back right? :huh: I don't even know if they're being sent through regular mail or if you have to sign for the tickets.
And one of my tickets still needs to go to the UK.

I have a nagging feeling they'll arrive the day after I leave on holidays, and that I have to go to the post office within a week to get them or they'd be sent back. :| Just my luck.

Does anyone know which website handles the tickets for Coimbra and Brussels? I'd like to check occasionally for ticket drops but U2.com just says 'Sold Out' so I can't link from there.

livenation.fr is the site for Paris tickets which I check every few days.

Does anyone know which website handles the tickets for Coimbra and Brussels? I'd like to check occasionally for ticket drops but U2.com just says 'Sold Out' so I can't link from there.

livenation.fr is the site for Paris tickets which I check every few days.

Brussels is Proximus Goformusic

please let me know if there is a drop as I need the first night

It was Proximus for me, because Teleticketservice linked me to proximus anyway.

Man ... Still no tickets send out.

It was Proximus for me, because Teleticketservice linked me to proximus anyway.

Man ... Still no tickets send out.

they say they start sending them out on the 15th of August, so I woudn't expect them to come for a while.

Thanks but I can't find any U2 concerts when I do a search there. Wonder if they don't list sold out events?

I don't think they do list sold out events. I got my 2nd October tickets from them and have been looking every so often for a ticket drop for the 3rd and U2 are never listed when I search for events.

Just got an email that they will send the tickets mid august. About a month before the concert in Brussel...

Back
Top Bottom