Brazil/Argentina Presale-General Sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramblin rose

Site Team
Staff member
Argentina Information

Live Nation Global Touring and Time for Fun have today confirmed that U2 will return to Argentina. The U2 360° Tour will visit Estadio Unico de La Plata in Buenos Aires on March 30th, 2011 and special guests on the night will be Muse.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public on December 7th with a Banco Frances pre-sale from December 4th via Ticketek. Tickets will be available starting at $155 ARS, with general admission field tickets available at $310 ARS and will be available at Ticketek Argentina.

U2.com subscribers can enter a special advance PRESALE beginning this WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1ST at 10am (local) and running until this FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3RD at 8pm (local).

Tickets for the U2 performance in Buenos Aires will go on sale to Ticketek cardholders on Saturday, December 4th and to the general public on Tuesday, December 7th.

Brasil Information

Live Nation Global Touring and Time for Fun have today confirmed that U2 will return to Brazil. The U2 360° Tour will visit Sao Paulo’s Estadio Morumbi on April 9th, 2011 and special guests on the night will be Muse.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public on December 7th with a Citibank pre-sale from December 4th. Tickets will be available starting at $70 BRL, with general admission field tickets available at $180 BRL.

U2.com subscribers can enter a special advance PRESALE beginning this WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1ST at 10am (local) and running until this FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3RD at 10pm (local )

Tickets for the April 9th show will go on sale to Citibank customers, including Credicard and Diners cardholders, on Saturday, December 4th and to the general public on Tuesday, December 7th. Tickets may be purchased by phone at 4003-0806 (for the entire country), via Internet at www.ticktesforfun.com.br, at the official box office (Credicard Hall) and retail outlets around the country (http://premier.ticketsforfun.com.br/content/outlets/agency.aspx).

Subscribers will be emailed ahead of these presales with details of timings.

Argentina Information

Brasil Information

Subscribers will be emailed ahead of these presales with details of timings.

I cant believe I will have U2 at home!!! I am from La Plata and I live only 15 blocks from the stadium!!! I´m preparing the tent, the sleeping bag and the mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

muse muse
muse.mu news: Muse to support U2 in Argentina and Brazil!: We are very pleased to announce that Muse will be sup... MUSE

YOU LUCKY BASTARDS!!!!!! :grumpy:

I cant believe I will have U2 at home!!! I am from La Plata and I live only 15 blocks from the stadium!!! I´m preparing the tent, the sleeping bag and the mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

¡Que tarro! :D

¿Te molesta si despues te mando un PM y te hago un par de preguntas de La Plata? Yo soy de Capital y no tengo la mas minima idea. Tengo reservado un hsotel, pero quisiera esta un poco mas orientada antes de ir. :D

They're rewarding me for coming all the way from NY to see them in Argentina by giving me another two-fer. :D

Great news! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Can't wait for March 30th! However, the choice of La Plata is worst thing they could have thought of. I know no more gigs can be held at River, but c'mon guys La Plata for God's sake! 50,000 people trying to get to La Plata (50 km from Buenos Aires) on a weekday with the impossible traffic, only 2 bus lines and a crappy train! Have to think of a hotel and of missing work on top of what tickets are going to be priced??? Local organisers are cartload of s*itheads.

Anyway, can anyone recommend which is the best seat/cost combination? GA is out for me.

Great news! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Can't wait for March 30th! However, the choice of La Plata is worst thing they could have thought of. I know no more gigs can be held at River, but c'mon guys La Plata for God's sake! 50,000 people trying to get to La Plata (50 km from Buenos Aires) on a weekday with the impossible traffic, only 2 bus lines and a crappy train! Have to think of a hotel and of missing work on top of what tickets are going to be priced??? Local organisers are cartload of s*itheads.

Anyway, can anyone recommend which is the best seat/cost combination? GA is out for me.

I agree with your comment about traffic being a pain in the arse, but unfortunately there is no other option as the other venues in Capital are too small to have such a big stage like the claw. It would have been cool if they had scheduled the shows for a Friday and a Saturday instead of a Wednesday but at this stage, I'll take any day of the week they choose. :D

Thank Jeebus I booked my summer holidays for the last two weeks of March.

If River Plate Stadium isn't available, where they should they play instead of La Plata?

Maybe Vélez, though it's smaller than River. I don't think it's smaller than La Plata, however. There are also some new locations which I haven't been to which have hosted big shows, though not as big as U2, but then what's big as U2? There's a real problem now River's been written off. I'm sure there was a better option than La Plata in Buenos Aires, but organisers are just after the cash and don't care about transport problems. They just had to secure the show and chose the first place they could think of and since tickets are going to disappear in minutes anyway, it's not their problem.

Maybe Vélez, though it's smaller than River. I don't think it's smaller than La Plata, however. There are also some new locations which I haven't been to which have hosted big shows, though not as big as U2, but then what's big as U2? There's a real problem now River's been written off. I'm sure there was a better option than La Plata in Buenos Aires, but organisers are just after the cash and don't care about transport problems. They just had to secure the show and chose the first place they could think of and since tickets are going to disappear in minutes anyway, it's not their problem.

Yes, I remember listing Velez as a possible alternative to River when the problems first arose.

I wonder why they didn't choose Velez instead of La Plata? Do you think it's because of corruption somehow?

Yes, I remember listing Velez as a possible alternative to River when the problems first arose.

I wonder why they didn't choose Velez instead of La Plata? Do you think it's because of corruption somehow?

I don't know if it's corruption, I believe it's a purely commercial choice. Since La Plata is new to this kind of event and perhaps someone wishes to promote the use of this stadium, costs may be significantly lower. Also perhaps the stadium layout allows for slightly more seated tickets to be sold. I really don't know. The only thing I know is that getting there will be a pain in the arse.

I don't know if it's corruption, I believe it's a purely commercial choice. Since La Plata is new to this kind of event and perhaps someone wishes to promote the use of this stadium, costs may be significantly lower. Also perhaps the stadium layout allows for slightly more seated tickets to be sold. I really don't know. The only thing I know is that getting there will be a pain in the arse.

Interesting, thanks for the info.
Ashame they didn't choose a more convenient stadium for the big city fans,
that drive back to town after the shows is going to be a nightmare :crack:

Nick, are you planing to drive back and forth between Capital and La Plata or will you be staying near the stadium? I have already booked a place in La Plata since I'll be queueing up most of the time and it'll be nice to have a place where I can shower and change.

PS: One of my friends reminded me that her brother lives 4 blocks away from the stadium so I'm thrilled to know I have a place to go to if I need a restroom break. :lol:

Worse than driving back to town, which will be rather late, will be getting to La Plata in the afternoon. Besides that, a lot of people don't have cars and will go by bus (me included) and 2 lines are definitely not going to be enough. I can foresee chartered vans and buses at outrageous prices. So that you get a notion of what I'm talking about, there were recently two Paul McCartney gigs at River. To park your car in the street (normally free parking), improvised caretakers were asking for as much as $150 ARS (half the price of a U2 GA ticket) to let you park, otherwise you risked getting a flat tyre, a smashed windscreeen or scratched paint at the very least.

Worse than driving back to town, which will be rather late, will be getting to La Plata in the afternoon. Besides that, a lot of people don't have cars and will go by bus (me included) and 2 lines are definitely not going to be enough. I can foresee chartered vans and buses at outrageous prices. So that you get a notion of what I'm talking about, there were recently two Paul McCartney gigs at River. To park your car in the street (normally free parking), improvised caretakers were asking for as much as $150 ARS (half the price of a U2 GA ticket) to let you park, otherwise you risked getting a flat tyre, a smashed windscreeen or scratched paint at the very least.

That is exactly why I'm getting my arse to La Plata a couple of days in advance of the show. Plaza buses will be packed and they will definately need to add more units to cater for the demand.

Nick, are you planing to drive back and forth between Capital and La Plata or will you be staying near the stadium? I have already booked a place in La Plata since I'll be queueing up most of the time and it'll be nice to have a place where I can shower and change.

Same here, booked a private room at the Hostel del Bosque in La Plata for four nights 29 March - 2 April.

I just emailed them again to ask if I can add one more night (28 March), with the idea that I'll fly in from Santiago a day earlier than planned in order to get in line on the 28th when I get there.

Flavia, when do you suspect the first fans will arrive at Estadio Unico? What day/time do you plan on getting there?

That is exactly why I'm getting my arse to La Plata a couple of days in advance of the show. Plaza buses will be packed and they will definately need to add more units to cater for the demand.

Lucky you. Sadly I belong to the mass of mortals who can't grab their holidays in March and much less skip work.

Back
Top Bottom