Brazil/Argentina Presale-General Sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rio is way to close to Sao Paulo is they already have three shows. But, Baltimore isn't far from Philly. And NJ isn't far from Philly. So, I guess my theory doesn't hold up

Plus, y'know, they're fucking huge cities.

well sao paulo is sold out already except for one price level that has only limited seats. there will definitely be more shows added hopefully porto alegre or rio.

What's the prospects of a third show for Buenos Aires, any chance of it or are they going to leave it at two?

What's the prospects of a third show for Buenos Aires, any chance of it or are they going to leave it at two?

I guess it all comes down to how long it takes for the second show to sell out. Things don´t look very bright right though. Not that they can´t announce the third show (or the second in Santiago for that matter) in January for example. For Popmart, I recall the third show didn´t sell out right until the day of the concert.
It would be very interesting to know how many tickets have been sold for the second show in La Plata. If it is close to sell out chances are they add a third one.

BoyOnTheHorizon, do you know how the presale for the third show in Sao Paulo has gone? I mean, can we expect a fast sold out tomorrow or will it take longer? I guess this is important to determine whether the rumored show in Porto Alegre will be added or not.

The sales in running at this moment and i think it will be sold out within hours. But in dont believe there will be a show in porto alegre since many people from all around Brazil will buy(and already have bought) tickets to SP. Since Porto Alegre is in the extreme south of the country it will be difficult for them show sell out a show in there. But (again) as we have strong humors about a show there everything is possible. All that is left us to do is wait...

About a third show in Buenos Aires i think its not gonna happen, the second show is not sold out yet, and more than a week has passed since they started to sell.

Just few hours after they started to sell the tickets, the third show in Brazil is already sold out. Considering that each show had 89.000 plus tickets avaliable almost 270.000 people will attend the shows in Sao Paulo!!

BoyOnTheHorizon said:
Just few hours after they started to sell the tickets, the third show in Brazil is already sold out. Considering that each show had 89.000 plus tickets avaliable almost 270.000 people will attend the shows in Sao Paulo!!

That is awesome, I just hope the tickets were bought by the fans, not the scalpers...

Looking forward to those three nights in Morumbi, it's gonna be epic

But in dont believe there will be a show in porto alegre since many people from all around Brazil will buy(and already have bought) tickets to SP. Since Porto Alegre is in the extreme south of the country it will be difficult for them show sell out a show in there. But (again) as we have strong humors about a show there everything is possible. All that is left us to do is wait...

I respectfully disagree. A U2 concert in Porto Alegre would easily sell out, especially considering the prices of the tickets suposedly equal to those in São Paulo. There are around 1.3 million people living in Porto Alegre, and that doesn´t count the metropolitan area. Die hard fans are going to São Paulo, as we usually do (I´m going to the first two concerts, won´t be able to make it to the third one, unfortunetaly), but we´re surely a minority. Since the rumours have started everyone you talk to says he/she would go to see U2 if a concert would be held in Porto Alegre. It would be like the recent Paul McCartney concert last Nov 7th, sold out within a few days.

With that said, I must admit that the rumoured concert here is not likely to happen, but that would be due exclusively to logistic issues though. Anyways, we´ll see what happens next.

MT

For those who aask about a third show in La Plata, take a look at the sales:

Ticketek Argentina - Entradas para U2

I think that they havent´sold as much tickets as the promoters expected for this second show. We are near the summer hollidays here and tickets are very expensive. I think that right now the chance of a third show is really far away, but, who knows...?

Regards

The shows in La Plata aren't yet sold-out according to Ticketek, but somebody told me that the biggest local rock radio host said yesterday that there was going to be a third show, and in general the bloke's got good info.

The shows in La Plata aren't yet sold-out according to Ticketek, but somebody told me that the biggest local rock radio host said yesterday that there was going to be a third show, and in general the bloke's got good info.

Sounds good... I don't see why U2 have to sell out each show completely before announcing the next show. They still make money on non-sold out concerts, especially if there are three in a row in the same city.

U2.com isn't helping sales by not listing the 2 April Buenos Aires show on their Tour page:

http://www.u2.com/tour/index/

Given the enormous operating costs of this tour, I think U2 are going to try to make every cent they can while the stage is in South America. I think Santiago and La Plata shows are nearly sold out. Even if the additional shows aren't sold out, they're still maximizing their profits in each country.

There are 19 price levels sold out for La Plata2 and 12 that are not. The 12 that are remaining could have single tickets for some or be very close to selling out for that matter. I think they will put on a 3rd show anyways even if it the 3rd show doesnt sell out. Santiago is close as well. I wouldnt be suprised if they add another show there too. It would probably be more beneficial if they play a second show in santiago and a 3rd in La Plata even if they don't sell out completely.

There are 19 price levels sold out for La Plata2 and 12 that are not. The 12 that are remaining could have single tickets for some or be very close to selling out for that matter. I think they will put on a 3rd show anyways even if it the 3rd show doesnt sell out. Santiago is close as well. I wouldnt be suprised if they add another show there too. It would probably be more beneficial if they play a second show in santiago and a 3rd in La Plata even if they don't sell out completely.

Precisely, if you try and select some of the sections that are not sold out, a message would pop up stating that it´s very close to sell out and there are not contigous seats available. Still, there are as much as 9-10 sections that apparently are not close to sell out. These I´m worried about.
Anyhow, rumor has it that they would announce the third show in La Plata as well as the second show in Santiago sometime during the first fortnight of January.

Precisely, if you try and select some of the sections that are not sold out, a message would pop up stating that it´s very close to sell out and there are not contigous seats available. Still, there are as much as 9-10 sections that apparently are not close to sell out. These I´m worried about.
Anyhow, rumor has it that they would announce the third show in La Plata as well as the second show in Santiago sometime during the first fortnight of January.

I hope La Plata 3 will be on Friday 1 April instead of Sunday 3 April... I want to visit your hometown!

If the concert is on 3 April, I will only have 4 April to see Uruguay before going to Sao Paulo on the 5th :sad:

WHAT rumor?
where did you get this?

From the rumors ive seen and heard there has always been the intentions of playing 3 shows in La Plata and two shows in santiago. I havent heard if the announcement will be within the first two weeks of January, but my guess is once santiago and la plata are very close to selling out then it will be announced along with any additional shows in brazil. we might get additional brazil shows before that even, who knows. Now it's up to live nation whether or not it will be worth adding them to the agenda. My guess is yes.

La Plata2 has 21 price levels that are sold out and 10 that arent now. Getting closer! La Plata1 has 27 price levels that are sold out and 4 price levels that arent sold out. I think they'll add another show in a week or two even though the first two are not completely sold out.

RUMOUR !!

The third show in La Plata would be announced next monday, fingers crossed !

fingers-crossed.jpg

u2abril3-1.jpg

One of the sponsors is showing in their webpage this banner, so we only have to wait for the confirmation in U2.com, but it looks quite official.

Back
Top Bottom