Brazil/Argentina Presale-General Sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this happened because the stadiums are smaller than what they used to be, like River changing for La Plata, making it more expensive

Presale update:

Sao Paulo GAs are sold out

Buenos Aires GAs still available (pulled up four just now)

djsohl said:
I find it incredulous that most of the seated ticket prices are $100 more than comparable tickets in North America and Europe. I am sad for the Argentinian fans who will be priced out of these shows.

Are these ticket prices the norm for this region of Argentina?

I'm kind of shocked too, and it's not like the Argentinian and Brazilian people have more money, far from it... La Plata's capacity is 53000 PLUS the people on the field, so over 60000...not tiny at all.

I find it incredulous that most of the seated ticket prices are $100 more than comparable tickets in North America and Europe. I am sad for the Argentinian fans who will be priced out of these shows.

Prices have been extortionate here lately. Macca played here a few weeks ago and there were people who even paid 1500 dollars for seated GA tixs. Something similar happened with Bon Jovi. Fecking ridiculous! Things are out of control.

No, not really...but since the last months I´ve noticed the bands that are comign are more and more expensive...I went to Queen and The Police concerts in 2009 and the prices had nothing to do with the ones for Mc Cartney last November and now with U2 they are even more and more expensive...Do they really think we can afford so much?? :sad: Well, apparently yes as in pre-sales all the most expensive are gone!!!! LOL!!!

I need advice on RZ, anyone has gone there?? experience?? please if you could answer Iwould be thankful as I still have to get my tixs for Argentina....:cute:

U2.com usually doesn't have ALL the tickets though, so GA may not be sold out, just the allotment they had. Still, there is never an unlimited supply...

I don't work for the promoter so I can't say with certainty, but it's the way it's worked for every other presale... Problem with general sale is there are 100x the people trying to get tix...

are you sure? or is just a guess?

The promoters know the GA's will sell out easily, so they only put up a small allotment initially - forcing fans to buy the more expensive seats that they normally wouldnt have bought.

They can release the cheaper tickets later and they will still sell

are you sure? or is just a guess?

In Mexico City's u2.com pre-sale, available GA's sold out fast, however, there was another pre-sale after that (a Bank presale) and there was a small amount of GA's available (however they sold out in a few minutes). Then, in the public onsale there were a few more GA's available too (which sold out in less than three minutes I believe).

Based on that, I'd say there is still a chance to get GA's.

Te digo yo, por lo que se, no hay descuento, el beneficio que tenes es que podes pagar tu entrada en 3 cuotas sin interes.

En algunos shows locales, hay descuento del 15%... no se si esto se aplica a U2

que triste... aca quizas tengamos 20% de descuento

Can anyone tell me if Red Zone is a seated area or not? If not, how many people does it usually host? What I don't want is to pay US$400 to be crushed to death (people on this side of the world are over enthusiastic) and not see a thing. Take into account that I'm a 100 lb 5' 4" rather oldie :lol: and therefore frail gal! If RZ is sold out (which will probably be the case) what seated area do you recommend for an unobstructed view and decent sound? This is the venue plan.

http://yfrog.com/bh254venueimg206j

Can anyone tell me if Red Zone is a seated area or not? If not, how many people does it usually host? What I don't want is to pay US$400 to be crushed to death (people on this side of the world are over enthusiastic) and not see a thing. Take into account that I'm a 100 lb 5' 4" rather oldie :lol: and therefore frail gal! If RZ is sold out (which will probably be the case) what seated area do you recommend for an unobstructed view and decent sound? This is the venue plan.

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/bh254venueimg206j

Nope, the Red Zone is not seated; it's like the rest of the GA area but with the exception that you can get in and out of that area as many times as you want and you don't need to queue up for ages, you can show up shortly before the concert and you'll get a nice spot.

Check it out:

sfx1635.jpg

sfx1636.jpg

PS: Empeza a tomar Nutrilon, estas muy flaca. Jajaja.

Nope, the Red Zone is not seated; it's like the rest of the GA area but with the exception that you can get in and out of that area as many times as you want and you don't need to queue up for ages, you can show up shortly before the concert and you'll get a nice spot.

Check it out:

sfx1635.jpg

sfx1636.jpg

PS: Empeza a tomar Nutrilon, estas muy flaca. Jajaja.

It doesn't seem to be overcrowded, but in BA you never know! :lol: I'll have a go a RZ and if I can't get there I'd like to know what are good seated alternatives!

PS: Sí, me mato a panqueques de dulce de leche y no subo ni un gramo, pero tiene su lado bueno: a los 48 me envidian muchas pendex que podrían ser mis hijas! jaja

:grumpy:

I thought someone had arranged a ticket for me for Brazil, but there was some miscommunication. And now it seems the pre-sale is sold out.
WAAAHHH!!!

Any tips (I see there might be something still available at the Portuguese site, but I don't see any GA there... *snif*)?

It doesn't seem to be overcrowded, but in BA you never know! :lol: I'll have a go a RZ and if I can't get there I'd like to know what are good seated alternatives!

PS: Sí, me mato a panqueques de dulce de leche y no subo ni un gramo, pero tiene su lado bueno: a los 48 me envidian muchas pendex que podrían ser mis hijas! jaja

Nope, cero envidia, CERO. Hahaha. Que idola. :D

I thought someone had arranged a ticket for me for Brazil, but there was some miscommunication. And now it seems the pre-sale is sold out.
WAAAHHH!!!

Any tips (I see there might be something still available at the Portuguese site, but I don't see any GA there... *snif*)?

Well, but SOMEONE got a GA ticket for you for the Buenos Aires gig. *cough cough* See? We are more efficient over here. :lol:

I can't wait for you to get over here, Marty! Last time you were in Buenos Aires was for my wedding, almost 3 years ago! :hyper:

WAAAHHH!!!

Marty, try getting a GA during the Muse presale this Monday:

MUSE

If you have a Citibank credit card, you can try their presale this Saturday. If you don't have their card, I can try getting you one (I have a card), so let me know. We'd meet at Morumbi after I pick up the tickets from Will Call.

Nick (U2NickB@gmail.com)

Thanks for the info, guys and girls (oh sorry, married woman :p ). There are just a few opportunities left, but I'm trying them all.
:)

Come to think of it, I'm not fussy about a GA or a seat. I just want to be in!
:hyper:

I bought a GA for each of the BsAs and Sao Paolo shows via the U2.com presale. I don't fancy the idea of getting up at 4am on Monday morning and hitting F5 for hours and hours hoping to score. I would rather pay Bono the $40 for the secret code.

The Citibank presale only worked for those who had a Citibank credit card with a billing address in Brazil. I don't think they put any GAs on sale for it, nor will the Muse presale do so.

Back
Top Bottom