Boston, March 11...location/tickets? PART 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:angry:I was so spoiled with the GA set up for the last tour (Fleet Center)
Saunter down -grab a wrist band - go home and sleep - head back into town and go to the show. sigh.

Me too. Showed up around 6:00 am, got my wristband at 8 am, scanned into the ellipse at 6 pm. Had I not scanned in, would have still been 2nd row back on the rail.

I have not done GA yet for any previous tour so I am looking forward to it. For the shows at the Fleet Center I always bought loge tickets on the side of the stage (awesome view).

Any word yet on the location?

Both Foxboro (ShowcaseLive) and Somerville Theater still deny that it is there!

Is there anyplace else?

Me too. Showed up around 6:00 am, got my wristband at 8 am, scanned into the ellipse at 6 pm. Had I not scanned in, would have still been 2nd row back on the rail.

Is it not going to be that way this time? Is there somewhere with details on how its going down for this concert?

wow, thats seems more definitive than what we've seen. I wouldnt be suprised if its just an assumption on their part though...

I havent gotten a call from Mike FM yet, so we shall see.

Im more interested (OK, its absolutely killing me) in how the seating is going to work (1st come, 1st serve? or do the passes have assigned seats) than the location and start time.

as far as the GAs for their regular shows, it'll probably work very similar. MSG and Boston were always the same (actually, here was better because they did let you leave, MSG just kind of payed dumb all day and you were stuck on line). at least there will be some tailgating at Foxborugh though.

Springsteen played the Somerville Theater in early 2003 for a fundraiser for a magazine that his friend published, it was a well respected small circulation magazine that was called Take Two I believe and did documentary features. Tickets were priced at $1,000, $5,00, and $100. It was a solo show and he played a long set and for some of his songs went through them line by line and explained what his thought process was in writing the song. A very cool night but obviously with the radio being involved U2 won't have as much freedom as Bruce did at least for the time U2 is on the radio.

wow, thats seems more definitive than what we've seen. I wouldnt be suprised if its just an assumption on their part though...

I havent gotten a call from Mike FM yet, so we shall see.

Im more interested (OK, its absolutely killing me) in how the seating is going to work (1st come, 1st serve? or do the passes have assigned seats) than the location and start time.

as far as the GAs for their regular shows, it'll probably work very similar. MSG and Boston were always the same (actually, here was better because they did let you leave, MSG just kind of payed dumb all day and you were stuck on line). at least there will be some tailgating at Foxborugh though.

This is at the Somerville theatre, I cant say how I know but I know this for sure.

Yes, if you get to ask a question, please twist the opportunity into a plea, and ask the band to finish up the amazing rough draft versions of Mercy and Winter for the next album!! :drool::drool:

And now this from the Loaded Gun. But the Orpheum has Hall & Oates Wednesday night.

Secret U2 performance hitting Orpheum Theatre
Contrary to the bogus report from the Boston Phoenix, the not-so-secret U2 show hitting Boston on Wednesday, March 11 from 9-10 p.m. is slotted for ... the Orpheum Theatre, 1 Hamilton Place in Boston.

On May 6, 1983, U2 unveiled its "War Tour" at Boston's Orpheum, which dates back to the 1850s. They also performed at the historic theater on November 14, 1981, a show recorded for the King Biscuit Flower Hour.

As previously reported in Loaded Gun, U2 is orchestrating a mini-tour to promote the upcoming release of “No Line on the Horizon.”

Called “U2 3 Nights Live,” Bono, The Edge, Larry Mullen, Jr. and Adam Clayton will play three back-to-back shows in three different U.S. cities—first in Los Angeles on Monday, March 9, then Chicago on Tuesday, March 10—hitting Boston the following day.

The show in Boston will feature a live performance coupled with an audience Q&A session. The “U2 3 Nights Live” concert is slotted to be delivered via ABC Satellite Services and Westwood One.

Odds are good that the “secret show” in Boston will attract max capacity. Don’t fret. They're playing Gilette Stadium on September 20.

Aren't Hall and Oates playing at the Orpheum Wed night?
Whereas Somerville Theater is not playing the Watchman Wed night (and it is playing all other nights this week at the Somerville theater)
:hmm:

my thought is that they are trying to keep it hush because seating will be GA (whether there are actual seats in whatever place it ends up being or not) and they dont want people camping out online.

I dont think its going to be foxborough though because that just doesnt have the same marketing/media draw as a place in the city. no offense to the burbs... at this point though, its amazing how quiet this still is with all the people that have to know at this point.

The orpheum has been run by live nation for a few years now though...

email on its way from Mike FM

meeting at museum of science and busing over to venue. letter radio station received does not name venue.

will post email when I get it.

would post the email but it doesnt say anymore than that, other than rules about electronics and parking instructions.

thanks GretzkyU2Yanks. This is seriously silent. I am impressed that nothing else has come out...

If not the Somerville Theater, then which club/theater is most likely to "boot" their concert, or is this even an option.

The Hall and Oats show does begin at 7:30, which is 30 minutes earlier than any of their other tour dates...time enough for U2 at 9:00?

the 1 thing I forgot is that the bus from the museum is at 6:30/6:45.

the buses are for 1 of 2 reasons: either they are taking you down to foxborough, or its so that there isnt crazy traffic/people hanging around Davis Sq causing traffic (major MBTA bus terminal there).

Im done speculating/worrying now. I know where I need to be, and I know people wont have an advantage on seat location by getting there early and waiting on line.

my thought is that they are trying to keep it hush because seating will be GA (whether there are actual seats in whatever place it ends up being or not) and they dont want people camping out online.
though...

why would anyone camp out for an event that is only going to have 100-200 people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom