Boston, March 11...location/tickets? PART 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how much the WBOS auction pair sold for?

$4200, I believe.

My Wife... Bless her heart... knew how badly I wanted to go to this show. She called me at 12:56.

HER: "Would you be mad if I spent a lot of money on you?"
ME : "How much and on what?"
HER: "U2."

She found out about the auction (I hadn't told her) and was prepared to go to $3000 without my approval, but it was over that. I would have been upset if she dropped that much cash on it - even if it's to charity - but the thought alone made my day. I talked her out of it.

$4200, I believe.

My Wife... Bless her heart... knew how badly I wanted to go to this show. She called me at 12:56.

HER: "Would you be mad if I spent a lot of money on you?"
ME : "How much and on what?"
HER: "U2."

She found out about the auction (I hadn't told her) and was prepared to go to $3000 without my approval, but it was over that. I would have been upset if she dropped that much cash on it - even if it's to charity - but the thought alone made my day. I talked her out of it.

Awwwwww!

Well, I feel better now after just buying NLOTH. I may have to further drown my sorrow in some U23d this w/e.
This thread has been a lifesaver over the past few days and I agree with all the other comments.
Looking forward to meeting some of you next week lurking at that secret location.
By the way, any of you that were at the common today, I was the one dragging around 4 little kids for an hour. Carrieu2- nice to meet you!

I was curious (bored) and wanted to see how many winners we ended up with here on Interference.

My count = 8 shawond, oliveu2cm, u2Mass, U2 Mama, promenade, GretzkyU2Yanks, kazanjig, SpaceBoy (last 2 gave Interference.com a shout out!).

:applaud:

Hopefully they will be kind enough to post the location when it is actually revealed! :)

does everyone really think the giveaways are over...or that there will be no further opportunities to get tix...i mean somerville theatre is the likely venue, and it seats 899 people....there's no way any more than 200 seats have been given out during the past four days...that leaves a lot of seats

Echoing other newbie statements here - I had to register to express thanks and props to all who posted radio times and answers and tears and grrrs and yays and hope and etc over these two threads - I tried every single time I possibly could, didn't get far (closest was caller 87 of 93 yesterday on MIKE) and I'm hearing "We're sor-/We're sor-/We're sor-/We're sor-" in my sleep.
This place has been a godsend this week, as I celebrate 20-plus years of trying and failing to win U2 tickets from Boston radio.
Thanks all.

As I kept dialing (and get the fast busy tones) - made me remember when I could not get through to buy concert tickets even with 2 phones at the same time.

sooo i really want to know if they notified the freeloader raffle winner... i had over 60 entries in there.. i spent all my points.. hahah

Hey all. I stumbled on this thread when googling for more contests - I guess I'm a glutton for punishment! I also tried all week, had a cell in one hand, landline in the other, listening to stereo, radio and computer trying to juggle all the contests. I got through 3 times the closest being 22nd instead of 25th on ZLX. I'm still wondering about raffles/drawings on Mix 98.5, HJY and XLO - does anyone know anything about those? And I am really hoping there are more oportunities after a couple days of recovery!

GA at $55 if Billboard is accurate would certainly seem the best option.

Does $250 get me on stage? Well, my husband can't say anything - he is season Pats ticket holder.

I will most likely be only able to do one show.....we'll see.

prices (if Billboard is right) are amazingly low compared to what others are charging.

no new rumors today on location??

and it stinks the Mix raffle seems to have gone done pretty shady. an announcement on the website?? an email saying sorry you didnt win loser....nothing??

I have no idea what to do with myself at work today....

I've been productive - at least more than before. I do a periodic check of the websites to see if something new has popped up. I'm a little happy to have a relaxing day. I've been wound up since Sunday night, really.

prices (if Billboard is right) are amazingly low compared to what others are charging.

no new rumors today on location??

and it stinks the Mix raffle seems to have gone done pretty shady. an announcement on the website?? an email saying sorry you didnt win loser....nothing??

I have no idea what to do with myself at work today....

I've been wondering about the Mix Up for Grabs raffle too. Strange they didn't announce anything. Unless they announced it on the radio?

Does $250 get me on stage? Well, my husband can't say anything - he is season Pats ticket holder.

I will most likely be only able to do one show.....we'll see.

I plan on going for the $250 ticket. I'm too short for GA (you would think bono would cater to us short people :wink: ). I spent well over $250 going to 4 shows last tour, paying that for 1 show and being really close should be worth it. I'm retiring from the nosebleeds :lol:

Where do you guys think the $200 seats would put you as opposed to the $55 GA ones? If GA can get you right in front of the stage, where would it be worth $200 to sit?

I think we are all pretty sure that this show will be at the Somerville Theater, but if there's still some questions, the Hard Rock can be ruled out. I just got an email saying that the Bacon Brothers will be there on the 11th :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom