Boston, March 11...location/tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got busy on three lines, that was obviously going to be IWF even before they said this one would be easy. WAAF gave you the number first, which saves having to dial, I can't find numbers for all the other stations that will be doing it tues-thursday. WAAF's is much less stressful.

But this blows, most stations seem to have 3 times per day, and tomorrow and possibly the rest of the week I'll be teaching so I can't listen for 2 of those times damn. I should get lots of people listening for my name and calling my phone to alert me, or an earpiece radio.

Good lord, the caller couldn't identify I Will Follow?
DJ: "Sorry, but you don't deserve to win these tickets." :lol:

Kudos to the next guy that got it. :up:

at what point do you guys think it is pointless to try to get through....2 mins after snippet probably

earlier today on WZLX I got through...was 11th caller, but needed to be 25th...question was: Who sang Wanderer? lol

At least the WBCN contest pretty much guarantees that it will be a U2 fan that wins. I just hate the be the *blank* caller crap.

True, but a 2 second clip, having to be the right caller, and so much pressure. I'm going to be so jealous of people who get to go, but at least the whole thing will be broadcast, and hopefully people get some good videos.

WAAF's reading of a name is the easiest contest. I suppose if you took the time to go to their website and listen to them, then you must at least like U2 :)

Soo is it too soon to start the journey to Gillette post? :hmm:

Last edited:
What happens if these people don't call in... the dj pockets the "invite"? :hmm:

Their official rules say they have the option to try and give it away again later:

5. In the event that any announced entrant does not call in as required above to claim their prize during the 30 minute timeframe, the prize will not be re-award nor will another name be selected for that play of the contest. However, WAAF reserves the right (but not the obligation) in the event of any unawarded tickets to continue to conduct this contest one or more times prior to March 5, 2009 and, in such event,
(a) the dates and times of such additional opportunities (if any) will be announced on air on WAAF and posted on WAAF - Homepage,
(b) the only entrants included in any subsequent drawings will be those who entered this contest as set forth in Section 2 above prior to 4:30pm on March 3rd and
(c) other than the date and time of the announcement, subsequently plays will be conducted in accordance with these contest rules.

responding to post #105 about WBOS:

cant really tell with BOS. makes its seem like it is, but if they are going to play a 'secret song' at a certain time, it could be open to any listeners and the only benefit of being a radio head is that you'll know ahead of time when its going to be played.

not sure

Yeah it is! Thanks Alison! I'm outta my mind insane right now!!!! :hyper::combust: The planets aligned and I can't believe my good fortune to have won tickets! I hope you all get in too!!

Gretzky, FWIW I filled out the survey (today) and never got an email. Must have needed to filled it out prior to today?

yeah I just filled it out today, but it is written to make it seem like you needed to have already filled it out.

here's the text from the radio head website:
As you know, being a Radio Head has it's privileges and we're excited to let you in on a little secret!

In celebration of their first studio album in 5 years "No Line On The Horizon", U2 is coming here to Boston to play a SECRET show and Q & A session just for a few lucky fans! And because you're a Radio Head we're giving you
NOT 1, NOT 2, but 3 WAYS to win your way in:

1) Check back right here Tuesday thru Thursday to find out what the Secret Song is and when we're going to play it to get you into the Secret Show!

2) Be the person to refer the most friends to become Radio Heads for your chance to score a pair of tickets! Your friends MUST use the link below in order for you to receive credit- and make sure they put YOUR name in the referral box:
U2 Refer a Friend[Open Contest Page]

3) Some of you took the Favorite Band Survey and told us that you LOVE U2.. you guys should already know how to win your way in. For everyone else, you never know what good stuff could come your way, so take the Favorite Bands survey today!

Yeah I figured after filling out the survey and not seeing any info that you needed to have filled it out previously to win that way.

Congrats olive (Kerry), nice to see a long time interferencer win (need a date? :wink:), hope to hear my name tomorrow.

I'm wondering if it'll be somewhere else, like that place at Gillette, notice most clubs are booked, and the radio stations keep saying "Boston area".

Thanks everyone! Hewson, I remember you... hope you hear your name tomorrow too! (I already have wayyy too many dates to choose between LOL!)

powerhour.. interesting thought! I have no idea where they will be holding it, or when they'll even tell us!

Is this the same Olive from way back in the MPS days?

Either way, congrats!!

Hope more people from here win.

I'm trying so hard to win my way in. Didn't get it from WBCN today. :( There's always tomorrow.

Soo glad to see fellow blue crack addicts winning though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom