Boston, March 11...location/tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point! I think it would be a bit redundant. Then again all they seem to like playing are rooftops everywhere!

Now City Hall Plaza - that would be amazing! Cold as hell like the first Pats parade, but probably interesting. Tough to plan a week or so in advance with weather this time of year.

You know what would be a great spot...Paul Revere Park next to the Charlestown Locks. Scenic backdrop of the Zakim. Then again - very ABOY!

Somerville would be interesting.

My favorite scenario would be them playing the top of the Pru with nobody having a clue. Throw that on SNL :)

I work at the Garden for concerts now and always walk back to my grandparents' in Charlestown afterwards via the locks and Paul Revere Park. Such a great view of the Garden, the Bridge, the river, etc! Love it. One of my fondest memories of my entire life is of my aunt and I parking in City Sq on October 4, 2005 and walking over the locks to the Garden to see U2!

Anyways, yes would be a great spot, but Paul Revere park is a tough place to fit alot of people and a stage like was done for Brooklyn Bridge Concert in 2004. You have a point, the backdrop can not be beaten! I love how Charlestown has come up in the world just in my short 21 years!

I was at the back of City Hall plaza for the first Patriots parade and remember clearly it was the coldest day of that VERY mild winter! You are right, March is especially tough to plan for outdoors in Boston, but lets keep going back to ABOY- it was November in NYC!

I wonder if this is going to be extremely intimate, like Berklee or that place at Gillette in Foxboro, most everything else is booked, and this won't be outside.

Globe - not much faith in their journalism these days. How many times were Tom and Giselle married?

LOL. :lol: I think about 30 times. The Globe has cut back big time and it has show in quality. They are still a little more reliable than the Herald, but that really does not say much!

LOL. :lol: I think about 30 times. The Globe has cut back big time and it has show in quality. They are still a little more reliable than the Herald, but that really does not say much!

They have all been soft lately. Many terrible puff pieces lately. It's as if they get all their information from facebook.

dave

Last edited:
I tuned in on Mix 98.5. They aren't revealing the venue until the day of the show! AAAARRRGGGHHHHH! Mix is giving away a pair of tickets every hour from 9-5 tomorrow.

They said the venue will remain private and given to people who win. I entered on the WAAF website. They said something about "how cool it would be to see U2 with 99 other people"

SMB

The WBCN 104.1 contest begins at 4:15 today, you will have to call up and identify 2 second clips of tracks from the 1981 Paradise show. oy..

I've compiled all the ways (that I've discovered) you can win tickets to the secret show.

Radio 92.9
| radio 92.9 - radio heads |

Register first, and then you find out about the 3 ways to win:

1) Check back right here Tuesday thru Thursday to find out what the Secret Song is and when we're going to play it to get you into the Secret Show!

2) Be the person to refer the most friends to become Radio Heads for your chance to score a pair of tickets! Your friends MUST use the link below in order for you to receive credit- and make sure they put YOUR name in the referral box:
**your special link here**

3) Some of you took the Favorite Band Survey and told us that you LOVE U2.. you guys should already know how to win your way in. For everyone else, you never know what good stuff could come your way, so take the Favorite Bands survey today! (scroll to the guitar picture)

WBCN 104.1
The Rock of Boston - 104.1 WBCN - The Rock of Boston

This is a once in a lifetime chance to see a BCN rock legend in an intimate setting Wednesday, March 11. Listen today at 4:15pm with Hardy for your first chance to win tickets. Then we will giveaway tickets at 7:15am, 12:15pm and 4:15pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

From what I gathered, Hardy will play 2 second clips from The Paradise 1981 shows, and you will have to identify the song.

WZLX 100.7
100.7 WZLX - Boston's Classic Rock - U2 To Play a Boston Club? Yes! And ZLX can get you in!

Listen to win your invite at 10:40 this morning with Carter Alan. And if you don't win with Carter, listen at 10:40am, 1:40pm and 4:40pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday because we'll give a pair of tickets at those times too!

WAAF 97.7/107.3
WAAF - U2 Club Contest

Fill out the form, listen for WAAF to announce your name at 9a, 2p, and 5p. If you hear your name, you will have 30 minutes to call us at 617-931-1AAF to claim 2 tickets to this amazing experience.

Mix 98.5
Mix 98.5 Today's Best Variety - On-Air Contests

The most annoying way to win! To enter you need freeloader points or some BS.

Good luck :wave:

ok.....

Im fairly certain that this show is at the Paradise Lounge

Ive seen them do a similar things for the Indigo Girls and Jack Johnson there.

Its one building with the Paradise on one side and The Lounge on the other side.Once inside the Paradise there is a little hallway that connects it to the Lounge. Im certain there will be more than one person watching the door though. If the Wailers arent playing at the time that U2 goes on then you could probably hear the show from the hallway. Also, The Lounge has windows in front which you could probably see and hear in unless the cover them with paper or something.

I won a pair of tickets from WAAF and the guy I talked to from the radio station didn't have any information on the location of the show. They won't tell me until closer to the date of the show.

I won a pair of tickets from WAAF and the guy I talked to from the radio station didn't have any information on the location of the show. They won't tell me until closer to the date of the show.

Ill give you $500 to take me as your guest!

U2.com probably won't mention this until sometime next week! I made a list of all the stations and times, but I'm not getting my hopes up. That's not many ways or chances to win.

Fenway park in March??? Hmmm. Nah too big. Boston Common?? Ted Williams Tunnel...lol???

U2.com probably won't mention this until sometime next week! I made a list of all the stations and times, but I'm not getting my hopes up. That's not many ways or chances to win.

Its 100 people. Sound like 5 stations have about 20 tickets each (10 pairs)

I've compiled all the ways (that I've discovered) you can win tickets to the secret show.

Radio 92.9
| radio 92.9 - radio heads |

Register first, and then you find out about the 3 ways to win:

1) Check back right here Tuesday thru Thursday to find out what the Secret Song is and when we're going to play it to get you into the Secret Show!

2) Be the person to refer the most friends to become Radio Heads for your chance to score a pair of tickets! Your friends MUST use the link below in order for you to receive credit- and make sure they put YOUR name in the referral box:
**your special link here**

3) Some of you took the Favorite Band Survey and told us that you LOVE U2.. you guys should already know how to win your way in. For everyone else, you never know what good stuff could come your way, so take the Favorite Bands survey today! (scroll to the guitar picture)

WBCN 104.1
The Rock of Boston - 104.1 WBCN - The Rock of Boston

This is a once in a lifetime chance to see a BCN rock legend in an intimate setting Wednesday, March 11. Listen today at 4:15pm with Hardy for your first chance to win tickets. Then we will giveaway tickets at 7:15am, 12:15pm and 4:15pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

From what I gathered, Hardy will play 2 second clips from The Paradise 1981 shows, and you will have to identify the song.

WZLX 100.7
100.7 WZLX - Boston's Classic Rock - U2 To Play a Boston Club? Yes! And ZLX can get you in!

Listen to win your invite at 10:40 this morning with Carter Alan. And if you don't win with Carter, listen at 10:40am, 1:40pm and 4:40pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday because we'll give a pair of tickets at those times too!

WAAF 97.7/107.3
WAAF - U2 Club Contest

Fill out the form, listen for WAAF to announce your name at 9a, 2p, and 5p. If you hear your name, you will have 30 minutes to call us at 617-931-1AAF to claim 2 tickets to this amazing experience.

Mix 98.5
Mix 98.5 Today's Best Variety - On-Air Contests

The most annoying way to win! To enter you need freeloader points or some BS.

Good luck :wave:

Thanks for all the info!
I'm plugging all the numbers in to speed dial,cell phone and times to call in etc and crossing all body parts. now to find a small radio to bring to work tomorrow.

Also, if anyone here wins and wants to sell...I'd be willing to pay pretty big money for them...PM me

I would think that you might have to show an ID and give a guest name and have a guest ID and all info has to match up so that selling them will not be an option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom