Boston, March 11...location/tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up next:

4:15pm - WBCN 104.1 - 2 second clip 617-931-1041
4:40pm - WZLX 100.7 - listen, 617-931-1007

Jump off the Tobin.

I'm going to go vacuum and listen to Mix :drool: fun times

Well at the very least we can all make some connections for when tickets go on sale, and show time rolls around extra tickets, car pools, GA line buddies? :shrug:

Sounds sweet.

I'm terrified right now, I turn on 98.5 on a lark and Pride is playing... I don't have a number for them and don't know what they're doing. Holy crap.

Well at the very least we can all make some connections for when tickets go on sale, and show time rolls around extra tickets, car pools, GA line buddies? :shrug:

:up: That is a great idea. I would love to go to every show they do at Gillette but the parking prices are horrible. So going solo because your friends only want to attend one show can cost a lot of money just for parking :)

OK, now they're playing some crappy pop singer... trauma over. But does anyone know their procedure?

I'm terrified right now, I turn on 98.5 on a lark and Pride is playing... I don't have a number for them and don't know what they're doing. Holy crap.

Just realised I clicked the wrong link on their site and have been listening to Mix98.5 HD2 for 15 minutes, smart...s-m-r-t.

I have so much other stuff to do today and tomorrow that I feel like I should give up now. But my birthday is next week. My 30th birthday. And it's on the same day as Adam's birthday :sad:

Are you dialing in from a work phone? I'm working from home today and my house phone and mobile are so unbelievably slow in connecting. I haven't gotten through once.

Yes. We are both calling from work. We have a pretty fast line here and we're hammering redial.

I've tried from my cell a couple of times. It's not even worth trying. You'll get "All Circuits are Busy" from your provider before you ever even try to get connected.

Calling Mix is the pits. I would say, 1 in 5 times it rings and you get all excited only to have it say, "Sorry. Your call did not go through" recording. Ridiculous.

:up: That is a great idea. I would love to go to every show they do at Gillette but the parking prices are horrible. So going solo because your friends only want to attend one show can cost a lot of money just for parking :)

I think I will be buying one ticket. Its easier to get 1, and then I don't have to worry about if the person I'm with is enjoying themselves or watch them disappear for beer during a good song.

I am worried about getting there though. I booked a near by hotel based on the rumor date :shrug: not sure if thats going to help me out though.

I'm calling from home and on my cell and my phone is very slow in connecting as well. But I've gotten through 3 times today. I'm only tuning in to Mix between the other contests.

I've got my 5 year old cheering me on while I crazily dial w/my phone and my cell. :applaud:

Up next:

Jump off the Tobin.

Not that I want more competition or anything, but I fear Karmic retribution if I don't remind you of the 4:10p, WFNX call.

I think I will be buying one ticket. Its easier to get 1, and then I don't have to worry about if the person I'm with is enjoying themselves or watch them disappear for beer during a good song.

I am worried about getting there though. I booked a near by hotel based on the rumor date :shrug: not sure if thats going to help me out though.

The commuter rail runs to right outside Gillette. Getting there should not be hard.

I'm in NYC right now (hence me going crazy about not getting into Letterman and my friend taking his wife instead of me even after he said he would... die hard and they are blow hards)... anyway...

I'm from MA... actually i live 5 minutes from Foxboro Stadium (Gillette is the name now but I stick to the roots). To me it's Great Woods, even if the name keeps changing every year. At least The Garden is back...

I love NYC, but as Boston sang during the Elevation tour during DESIRE "Boston is the town I love. Boston is the town I love."

That is what makes it twice as painful. I live in the right area for loving U2, just can't get any luck.

When they had the book signing for U2 by U2 it was at the BN that I go to all the time...love that store. About 2 minutes from my house...

It drives you mad. I'm pretty sure they could play in my kitchen and I still couldn't win tickets.

I look forward to BUYING tickets.

I was depressed yesterday, but U2 performance of BREATHE was so amazing, I got happy. I was sad because I missed u2, but because of them, I was right back up. Awesome.

Up next:

Jump off the Tobin.

Hey Alison,
I live very close to the Tobin. I might have to join you, shortly after 5 pm! :huh: Ugh...

The commuter rail runs to right outside Gillette. Getting there should not be hard.

Isn't that just for the Patriots game? I'm not very familiar with the area. I heard that they ran the train for the Stones, but they don't always do it for concerts?

When I was at Boston University, went to see Stones using commuter rail. I bet they will do it for U2 as well...

Isn't that just for the Patriots game? I'm not very familiar with the area. I heard that they ran the train for the Stones, but they don't always do it for concerts?

Ah, I'm not sure. I just know I've seen it there when I was there for Pats games.

Not that I want more competition or anything, but I fear Karmic retribution if I don't remind you of the 4:10p, WFNX call.

:cute: Thank you! I think that's a U2 fan trait, we like to help each other out.

I will admit I'm annoyed that this thread constantly has 30-40 unregistered viewers.. can't you guys sign up and suffer with us?

In reality how many tickets are there? 400? 1000? 100?

It's impossible odds. We like the biggest band in the world. Opps...

I'm pretty sure its just for the Patriots, it isn't a regular line, but they might do it for concerts, my neighbors are managers for the Commuter rail, I'll ask them.

I love NYC, but as Boston sang during the Elevation tour during DESIRE "Boston is the town I love. Boston is the town I love."

I wasn't there, but thats one of my favorite versions of Desire :drool: I hope you get the tickets you want and I see you at Gillette :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom