Bonos Voice on 360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
I am thinking B's voice will be great on this tour but what will be speacial about it

for me he seems to have new techniques each tour
for example
Love Town = kermmitt deep voice Bono
zoo tv = falsetto Bono
Pop = Indian chant thing Bono (u know from the please guitar solo)
Vertigo = operah bono

I wonder what he will do this tour - i just feel he needs somthing for us to be like wow i didnt know bono could do that (but what else can he do) - I dont know for me the highlight of the Vertigo was miss sarajevo I dont know how I will feel without being able to look forward to that and go to my friends get ready for this - u know

I really have confidence its going to be good 90 % of the time, they have more days off in between,so if somethings wrong his voice can recover. And you really heard his voice improving from the first performance of boots to the last performance of magnificent.
:up:

I think his voice will be great. I'd love to hear some opera moments again, according to the rehearsal setlists neither Miss Sarajevo nor Sometimes will be played, but I hope they still find something where he can go into his more operatic singing, that would be awsome.

I think his voice will be great. I'd love to hear some opera moments again, according to the rehearsal setlists neither Miss Sarajevo nor Sometimes will be played, but I hope they still find something where he can go into his more operatic singing, that would be awsome.

:up:

I love how Bono still uses that deep kermit voice every once in awhile...it just adds to how dynamic his voice really is...and yeah, I think the schedule is really going to suit his voice this tour and he'll sound pretty damn good most of the time :)

On the one hand I think he will have BIG problems with his voice this tour: the new songs are all pretty high and while the others can play till they are 97 years old Bono relies on his voice and lets face it, he isnt getting younger.
On the other hanbd: the tourscedule as mentoined by Rob33 is suiting his voice pretty well and on a good night he still kicks everyones ass so lets hope there are MANY MANY MANY good nights

I just wish his zootv falsetto was still there :sad:

^ Wow, positive as always. Is there any thread on the tour forum that isn't spoiled by your overall negativity?

Man, I hate the falsetto. :madspit:

^ Wow, positive as always. Is there any thread on the tour forum that isn't spoiled by your overall negativity?

Man, I hate the falsetto. :madspit:

You have great taste, that's for sure :lol:

There is no need to suffer like this Unicorn, there are plenty of ways to find some relief. Don't give up :up:

In general. MOS, NLOTH etc are all incredibly intense songs for the voice.

Not really. NLOTH may give him a little bit of a problem because it will require him to be in good lung shape, but none of the notes are out of his comfort range. MOS will be no problem for him.

He had higher notes to hit on the last two albums.

Not really. NLOTH may give him a little bit of a problem because it will require him to be in good lung shape, but none of the notes are out of his comfort range. MOS will be no problem for him.

He had higher notes to hit on the last two albums.

lets wait and see. I hope he does pull it off because the songs are not that easy. MOS sounds very strained which suits the song but live. we wil lsee. Man I can not wait for this tour to start :rockon:

Do they only play the songs they rehearsed then? If so , id better make a banner saying miss Sarajevo, right now.

yea i really need Miss Sarajevo - it was a sataple of the vertigo tour for me

On the one hand I think he will have BIG problems with his voice this tour: the new songs are all pretty high and while the others can play till they are 97 years old Bono relies on his voice and lets face it, he isnt getting younger.
On the other hanbd: the tourscedule as mentoined by Rob33 is suiting his voice pretty well and on a good night he still kicks everyones ass so lets hope there are MANY MANY MANY good nights

I just wish his zootv falsetto was still there :sad:

It sort of comes off like you're talking about an album that was released 10 years ago...NLOTH is the newest album! It was released like 4 months ago! Of course he will be able to hit those notes. His voice has been steadily improving regardless of what you say about his age, anyway, so I'm not really sure what would lead you to believe he will have trouble with NLOTH.

for me he seems to have new techniques each tour
for example
Love Town = kermmitt deep voice Bono
zoo tv = falsetto Bono
Pop = Indian chant thing Bono (u know from the please guitar solo)
Vertigo = operah bono
That's a really good observation, never really occured to me but you're right.
I like the falsetto of unchained melody to the opera of MS. It's just awesome when he changes it up. MOS will be a great moment the way his voice gets a bit high pitched and "scratchy" for lack of a better term. I, too, think he will be in top form with those extra days off. I can see him really belting out some of those notes on tour. Thankfully it doesn't seem like too many NLOTH tracks are being played, a very disposable album, in my view, that has not grown on me at all & quite subpar aside from the few stand out tracks.

The more from NLOTH, the better :up:

Seems like U2 are chosing songs that have a more atmospheric feel (UF, NLOTH songs, Drowning Man) this time, it fits the new songs, I like that. I hope they play more than 6/7 songs from the new album. It's one of their best and I'm curious to see how the songs will evolve live.

He did an operatic outro in Ultraviolet during Zoo so maybe he will bring that back!

"Light myyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"!

oh yeah and walk on too.

WHOA 5 songs w/ bono on guitar?! better than Vertigo tours, what, like 2 songs Fly and One :lol:

Back
Top Bottom