Bono's Vocals Perhaps the Best EVER at these Germany Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
With all the debate about Bono's voice over the years...the man deserves to be credited for the astounding vocals at Frankfurt and Hannover, Germany.

PHENOMENAL.

Despite the random song or two, he is really giving his all and paying attention to singing his very best.

THANKS B-MAN! Your renewed spirit reminds me of the most inspiring live U2 ever!

listening to all these shows from this leg has inspired me to download my fav Bono vocal shows. Plenty of JT and Lovetown shows. I loved his voice in the late 80s, and i am really loving it now

From what I hear, he sounds about as good as he did for the first half or so of the first leg last year... in other words, really effin' good.

So much of vocal technique is tied into breath control and support - it makes me really wonder how much his back problems may have been contributing to his vocals.

Although maybe it was just the long break.

So much of vocal technique is tied into breath control and support - it makes me really wonder how much his back problems may have been contributing to his vocals.

Although maybe it was just the long break.

Jokes aside, I see your point.

And to all those that said to me before the tour that his voice was worse when he smokes...... :p

But seriously, smoking kills. Don't buy drugs.

I posted in another thread, but after listening to With or Without You from Frankfurt, I have to say (as I did in that other thread) that vocally it's one of the best performances of the song that I've heard in years.

It is amazing how much his voice has recovered. That falsetto is as good as it was during Zoo TV. I thought during the Vertigo tour that his falsetto was pretty much gone - he could barely manage the falsetto notes in Elevation and With or Without You. Amazing how well its recovered.

When his falsetto is as good as during Zoo TV then why he doesn't try to use it also in Unforgettable Fire. He's not doing that song justice. He could pull it off much better.
Also Moment Of Surrender. What happened to it? One verse omitted, his singing in this song is nowhere near how he sang it last year.

wow, the line "He lives on a star that’s dying in the night " in IALW/Frankfurt, is nearly Joshua Tree era singing, in Miss Sarajevo the italian part is not forced at all but crisp and clear
just have a listen to the great Alysha's recording of Frankfurt, gives justice to the B vocals

i think he could very well sing much more falsetto and "fatlady" parts just like he did in the old days, for example, during the Torino rehearsals, he sung the end of North Star in falsetto which was not the case at the gig, same goes with UF

after all the troubles he went through with his voice, i think it's much more a question of self-confidence than anything else...go on B!

Hannover was unbeatable live for me, he is sounding great, you can't deny that.
But the "best ever" title is overdone.

Miss Sarajevo was incredible in both the German shows, someone said Milan from the Vertigo tour was better but I have to respectfully disagree.

Amazing grace made the hairs on the back of my head stand up.

Moment of surrender was lacking the rawness of the last European leg, perhaps he is focussing too much on the vocal training and not enough on the soul.

Bono is finaly starting to sing the old songs like before, NYD, IWF, WTSHNN and WOWY. Amazing version on the two Helsinki shows.

On ZooTV Bono started to sing the word "few" in " Arms entwined, the chosen few" in falsetto. He hasnt sing it in real voice until in Helsinki when he sang it in real voice

9:47 in this clip
YouTube - U2 - Intro, Beautiful Day & New Year's Day @ Helsinki 20.8.2010

Also IWF was amazing, the "your eyes" verse was realy strong. Bono hasnt sing this song like this since the 80s
YouTube - U2 Helsinki 2010-08-21 I Will Follow - u2gigs.com

I was literally very moved by Bono's vocals and his singing on both German shows I saw. I just thought: Wow, what a voice! He's amazing, especially on the slower songs :up:

I was at both these german dates and WOW frankfurt was something I have never heard him sing before. Hannover was good yes but the same as the last EU-leg, Frankfurt however:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Back
Top Bottom