Bono's Tradition of Cool or Stupid Tour Jackets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jumpmanst

The Fly
Typically a new and unseen leather tour jacket is unveiled, but its the same one from the promo tour so far. Blame the recession.

360:

Leather shirt thing = Cool
Laser Thing = Stupid

Vertigo:

Black Motorcycle Racer = Cool
Black and Red Love and Peace Monstrosity = Stupid

Elevation:

Generally Cool, particularly those used on the opening shows

Popmart:

Nothing needs to be said.

ZooTV

Fly suit = Cool
Macphisto= Not cool

Nah, they're all cool. :wink:

Also, anyone figure out where someone could get one of the new leather jackets Bono's been wearing? The jackets he's been wearing lately are great. :drool:

We could be in for more suprises this tour according to the person who made Bono's laser jacket, this is from the guys blog:

Last night U2 got their new tour under way with a magnificent show at Barcelona's Camp Nou stadium. Every aspect of the show was full of innovative concepts and details, including the stage costumes.
For the encore Bono was dressed in a black leather jacket featuring my latest wearable effects concept: 240 lasers along the silhouette extended Bono's every move all the way across the audience.
Keep watching this space and the 360 tour, there may be more surprises to come...

i like the suit. some people just need to get over the fact that Bono always has been and always will be corny.

I thought Bono's gear for this tour was quite good. thought he looked rediculous in the tight jeans and short jackets on the Vertigo tour. HE was too overweight to carry the look off. Thought Edge looked the beanz on Barca 1:up:

His "Sinner" Jacket was custom made, I thought I read somewhere by Ruyter Suys of the band Nashville P*ssy, I could be wrong....but I worked for a punk magazine at the time and everyone was really into them (NP) and I thought it was weird that this totally rauchy rock chick was making a jacket for Bono....:lol:

Anyone know where you can get the red and black leather jacket he had during the vertigo tour?

PopMart Bono was my favorite.

Especially in With or Without You when he's wearing that mirrorball suit thingymajig

Laser Thing = Stupid
Macphisto= Not cool
just_say_no.gif

Typically a new and unseen leather tour jacket is unveiled, but its the same one from the promo tour so far. Blame the recession.

360:

Leather shirt thing = Cool
Laser Thing = Stupid

Vertigo:

Black Motorcycle Racer = Cool
Black and Red Love and Peace Monstrosity = Stupid

Elevation:

Generally Cool, particularly those used on the opening shows

Popmart:

Nothing needs to be said.

ZooTV

Fly suit = Cool
Macphisto= Not cool

Fly clothes pwn Machpisto clothes.

Popmart wardrobe is not something I will waste space on...let's just leave it at that.

Elevation*: rocking the leather at 40, and pulling it off, thank you very much.

Vertigo*: eh. Leather worked less good this time, it felt like he wanted to outdo Zoo TV in terms of changing outfits. Liked the Zoo Station and Zoo TV "conductor" outfit.

*minus the US flag/peace sign on the jacket.

360: leather's back in style, it almost feels like an older version of the Fly is around. Laser suit is cool.

edit: I see your point though, it looks like his clothing abilites go in cycle: the good (Zoo, Elevation, 360) and the not-so-good (Popmart, Vertigo).

I like the Popmart bubble jacket.

:no:

Basically everything about PopMart styles, including this horrible, nightmarish bald head were just ridiculous.

I must say, Bono's recent stage outfits are great, classic, still rock-starish and a little extravagant. He has worn much worse things in the past.

Basically everything about PopMart styles, including this horrible, nightmarish bald head were just ridiculous.

I think that was the idea. :wink:

I thought the Elevation American flag jacket was really tacky.

360 laser jacket = :up:

The PopMart costumes where f'ing awesome.

Ridiculous refined.

(slightly off topic... but Adam's get-up for PopMart was over the top... mirrorball helmet... Michael Jackson face-mask... freaking blinking circuit-boards strapped to his arm... how cool is THAT?!)

Back
Top Bottom