Bono's Surgery and Tour Postponement - Info & Discussion Here - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If anyone was wondering Ticketmaster are refunding those who don't want to wait.

I sent them an email (by replying to the one they sent out to us notifying us of the cancellation) explaining that we did not want to wait until the new schedule is released cos we had tickets for 4 different shows in different parts of the country and did not know if we would be able to make any of them next year. It was a shame to lose those hard fought for GAs but we hadn't got them (they were on Will Call) and it just seemed too messy to wait any longer.

They wrote back saying they will refund all except their order processing fee once I sent through the name on the CC, the billing address, order references and last 4 digits of the CC.

That was yesterday. Today I got a reply confirming the refunds- so I thought I'd let everyone else know. I am impressed at how Live Nation/Ticketmaster are handling this.

Bullshit on not refunding the processing fees. I would fight that big time. The shows are not proceeding so full refund is only way to go IMO>>>>> Live nation TIckebastard will get rich keeping fees. Call your congressmen./woman......

As usual, you're all over the place with this one. It didn't really need it's own thread.

But I'm really curious as to what you mean by this?
Bands have sat on side line due to U2 tour taking $$ that fans would be able to spend on another show. REM RADIOHEAD Stones would not tour at same time as U2.

Roger Waters is about the only large tour to come forward this year. Eagles are canceling shows due to economy:applaud:

So will they wait or plan next summer with U2 gearing up and if U2 could put out an album in the mean time you could get 32 shows instead of 16.

Touring is $$ so lots of bands need the cash.

Bands have sat on side line due to U2 tour taking $$ that fans would be able to spend on another show. REM RADIOHEAD Stones would not tour at same time as U2.

:lol:

I figured you were trying again to make some crazy conspiracy theory. Allow me to let you in on a little secret, these bands don't tour unless they have a new album, and none of them do :shh:

REM unfortunately aren't in the same touring league anymore. How come you didn't mention Pearl Jam, oh that's right it would have rendered your theory useless.

I have a GA for Athens, but I've been planning to go since April. I'm cautiously excited right now. But even if the show doesn't go on, I'm still going to Athens for the weekend. :up:

That's a good idea. Greece needs the money now. :wink:

Seriously, since I cannot cancel my flights, I'll go to all the cities I've book flights to as well, just change my travel plans a bit in regards to hotels and where I'll stay for how long and so on. Shouldn't be a big problem.

Right now, I just don't see the early European dates go ahead as planned, I'm very much in doubt, even though I'm usually an optimist. I hope we'll at least get the later shows, I have tickets for some of those as well. Open air season in mid-Europe should end in September. Rome is in October because it's still warm there around that time.

We were talking last night about the problem of rescheduling for MLB stadiums next year, people here seemed to think it'd be an easy fix, but the people in charge of making the schedules were not pleased with what they had to do this year, I don't think they'll be all that accommodating to do it again when their efforts for 2010 were all for not.

Bullshit on not refunding the processing fees. I would fight that big time. The shows are not proceeding so full refund is only way to go IMO>>>>> Live nation TIckebastard will get rich keeping fees. Call your congressmen./woman......

Why don't you worry about getting your refunds and leave everyone else to make their own decisions.

Why don't you worry about getting your refunds and leave everyone else to make their own decisions.

Exactly ramblin rose - at approximately $20 total processing fees for 8 tickets we shall not be losing any sleep over this! TM have had costs in this and it was our choice to request a refund rather than attend the rescheduled shows. Just glad to be getting $500+ back without any drama.

We were talking last night about the problem of rescheduling for MLB stadiums next year, people here seemed to think it'd be an easy fix, but the people in charge of making the schedules were not pleased with what they had to do this year, I don't think they'll be all that accommodating to do it again when their efforts for 2010 were all for not.

But the '09 tour dates were announced and went on sale in March of that year, after the '09 mlb schedules had been set. Same with the '10 dates, they were announced and went on sale in Oct '09, after the '10 mlb schedule had been set. Our point is, the '11 mlb schedule wouldn't even be close to being set now, so there would be even fewer problems then there would have been for '09 and '10. If anything, it'll be much easier, not harder.

Is anyone from North America now considering going to a European show?

I'm starting to scheme a bit. Although, if they would let us know about any Southern Hemisphere shows, I'd love to plan that way.

Changing plans to Europe is too short of a notice $$ for me but after seeing U23D I vowed to make it to south America for a show/vacation next time. I'm definitely going to save for that!

The MLB baseball schedule is done around July-August for the following season.So right now ,Live Nation has pretty much the 2011 summer dates open for them.

As for the new cities that might get added,my bet are on Mexico city,Foxborro,St-Louis and Austin......and Pittsburgh

I purchased tickets from stubhub too and they will not give you a refund. They did say that I could try to re-sell the ticket on stubhub when the show was rescheduled if I couldn't make it. Good deal for them, I guess they would get another commission then :grumpy:

Thanks for the info paul. I need to do that with a couple of tickets.

You have the regular eBay listing option too if you're not able or don't want to go to the new date. Some people aren't aware of the sales that go on in forums so they use individual listings there. Stubhub has a reputation for higher ticket selling and buying prices. I got my Honolulu tickets from someone who couldn't make the new date for a bit over face plus postage. The tickets had the old date listed on them and everything went fine on show day. I wasn't planning on going to Hawaii until the rescheduled show was announced. So maybe you can make someone very happy! :D :hug:

You have the regular eBay listing option too if you're not able or don't want to go to the new date. Some people aren't aware of the sales that go on in forums so they use individual listings there. Stubhub has a reputation for higher ticket selling and buying prices. I got my Honolulu tickets from someone who couldn't make the new date for a bit over face plus postage. The tickets had the old date listed on them and everything went fine on show day. I wasn't planning on going to Hawaii until the rescheduled show was announced. So maybe you can make someone very happy! :D :hug:

:up: I had the exact eBay experience for the exact same event. That was before I knew of theticket threads here on interference but eBay is another good option.

You might not want to be so quick to try to unload tickets for 2011.

Remember, due to stadium availbility, there's no way they'll be able to stick to the same order of shows they had originally scheduled for this year. In other words, maybe Miami will be the 2011 NA tour opener next year. Or maybe Denver will be the final concert on the entire 360 Tour. You might regret not hanging onto those tickets.

Really? Not even sideways like in Norman?

I think it was the matter of getting the cranes in there, it wasn't designed for that, someone had brought it up when the tour started and there was discussion of this.

And there may be other issues. I can't recall a whole lot of concerts being played there, if any, and the reason sometimes is as small as not having the right facilities for a backstage area. I know a lot of college stadiums have this problem.

I think it was the matter of getting the cranes in there, it wasn't designed for that, someone had brought it up when the tour started and there was discussion of this.

And there may be other issues. I can't recall a whole lot of concerts being played there, if any, and the reason sometimes is as small as not having the right facilities for a backstage area. I know a lot of college stadiums have this problem.

Yes.

It is the rare college stadium that has the backstage area adaptability that a band like U2 requires.

Montreal is on that list of places that U2 always seem to play that much better, more intense and the place just goes off.

Other spots? Rotterdam and Denver come to mind... Northern CA (whether Oakland or San Jose)...

Nitpicker in me says: Amsterdam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>xgazillion> Rotterdam. :wink:

Though the echo in the ArenA sucks, the city's MUCH better(and a decent soccer team too!).

^^You have my support there ,Amsterdam was very , very loud, and energetic.

Nitpicker in me says: Amsterdam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>xgazillion> Rotterdam. :wink:

Though the echo in the ArenA sucks, the city's MUCH better(and a decent soccer team too!).

You've clearly haven't seen U2 perform in Rotterdam then. :D
Though I agree with you on the Arena and the city. But you're talking nonsense again about their football team. :p

I saw the opening 3 "Zooropa" tour shows in Rotterdam. I had a great time. The shows were amazing.

Is the stadium acoustically perfect? No. Most stadiums are not. Morst are not designed for that purpose.

I've heard bootlegs from other Rotterdam shows... I stick with my original assessment. U2 and Rotterdam go together. I'd spend the money to travel to see them there again.

I still hope they add Cleveland, we have a brand new stadium, doesn't get used in the summer and is big enough for them. Though I'm waiting for refund info. A yr from now is too far in advance for me. I didn't get GA's anyway.

Is anyone from North America now considering going to a European show?

I'm starting to scheme a bit. Although, if they would let us know about any Southern Hemisphere shows, I'd love to plan that way.

I went to both Wembley shows last summer so it really isn't in budget this year.

But, if the shows were to go on as scheduled and Bono is feeling ok I would be craving a European show badly!

Back
Top Bottom