Bono voice highligt 360 campign!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono sing the shit out of the ZooTV versions of UV Saturday night :drool: The "I remember when we..." His voice is amazing for the moment, he sang UF alot better then he did on JT tour. No straining at all.

I would hazard to say that, overall, his voice is the best it has ever been right now.

I agree with you, sure the falsetto was a bit stronger in the 80/90s. But in singing correctly and hitting high notes Bono have never been better :)

although I share the enthousiasme to a certain degree because the tour is going to rock, a realitycheck has not been done here the last couple of weeks. (Quel surprise) So now Bono all of a sudden sings better than he ever has based on some vague soundchecksclips. Lets get some perspective here:
If Zootv was now and 360 was then Zootv-Bono would sound the best he has ever been. Lets just be happy that he still can go like crazy without losing grip of reality all the time. His voice is not as strong and versatile as it was which is not surprising considering the age but still kicks most if not anyones ass on a good day. :up:

Sitting and listning to the U2 30.06.2009 Nou Camp,BCN bootleg, excellent sound. Almost soundboard sound :) Bonos voice is amazing, so stable. UF and UV is :drool:

But what suprised me most is his falsetto, very strong :)

Sitting and listning to the U2 30.06.2009 Nou Camp,BCN bootleg, excellent sound. Almost soundboard sound :) Bonos voice is amazing, so stable. UF and UV is :drool:

Yeah. I wasn't expecting the falsetto to be like this; it hadn't been in very good shape for the promo tour. But this beats everything since PopMart.

although I share the enthousiasme to a certain degree because the tour is going to rock, a realitycheck has not been done here the last couple of weeks. (Quel surprise) So now Bono all of a sudden sings better than he ever has based on some vague soundchecksclips. Lets get some perspective here:
If Zootv was now and 360 was then Zootv-Bono would sound the best he has ever been. Lets just be happy that he still can go like crazy without losing grip of reality all the time. His voice is not as strong and versatile as it was which is not surprising considering the age but still kicks most if not anyones ass on a good day. :up:

point taken, however, if we're talking about a reality check...you should realize that whether or not you want to admit it (some people really don't like admitting this for some fucked up reason) .....Bono can do many things nowadays that he simply COULD NOT DO during ZooTV or even before that....just one tiny example is the way he sang "the stone was semi precious" in MOS live ...that's just one little thing...

Regardless, if you want to be conservative about it, his voice is pretty much undeniably better in every single way now than it was on Elevation and Vertigo...so if you have ZooTV nostalgia or some crazy shit like that and you don't like comparing it to ZooTV...his voice is still the best it has been in a looong time, which is truly amazing, and something we should all be thankful for as U2 fans. :)

I think his voice is miles and miles away from what it once was. What i liked especially from the Ultraviolet video is that he sounded like he was TRYING. Most of the live songs its like hes just speaking the songs. That microphone really brought it out of him huh?

Id say ultraviolet was the best vocals from what ive heard of the first night. I agree with Gonna Run 2 U though and say his vocals are no where near to what they were during the lovetown/zoo tv era.

The one time I've ever REALLY felt the need to comment on Bono's voice was when he hit the falsetto bits on TUF. I've never been so happy to hear that damn falsetto.

I thought his singing was fabulous during the concert, especially MLK, In A Little While and NLOTH.

He fucking destroyed Ultraviolet. That's definitely the best vocals I've heard from him so far this tour.

Bono did a great job on MLK - I love the wavering in his voice I think this is what he means when he say "sufi singing on songs of accent" - its very tribal and he really is good at it

I think his voice is miles and miles away from what it once was. What i liked especially from the Ultraviolet video is that he sounded like he was TRYING. Most of the live songs its like hes just speaking the songs. That microphone really brought it out of him huh?

Technically speaking, perhaps when he tips his head up to reach that mic it allows for a better singing posture and better vocals.

Also, I agree with the strong falsetto. Oddly, even with that capability, he chooses not to sing the falsetto during the chorus of Ultraviolet (electing instead to swing around on the mic), one of the best U2 harmonies with Edge IMO.

WTF?

His falsetto is the weakest it's been since Elevation, he struggles to do the solo falsetto in WOWY at the end. It sounds the weakest ever. Are you still thinking it's strong based on that one time during the vertigo tour? because I sure as hell don't see it on the 360 tour...

It's absent from UV, and it's butchered in UF, so I think in that regard the falsetto needs a serious comeback and some work to further enhance the songs - half singing it in UF is not a strong comeback! Still, for some this isn't a problem, for me however I feel the falsetto was an important factor of the song(s)...

Prove me wrong, do it, I am willing to think otherwise because I hate to think Bono's falsetto is weak now. I love Bono's falsetto. So if you can prove me wrong, I am all open.

Why do people like his voice from Lovetown when he's shouting and not singing? I can never understand this. On one case you've got Niel McCormick saying that he's incapable of producing a pure tone like soul singers (and yet Stevie Wonder is stylist singing soul) and there's people who want him to lose his voice by attempting to sing like he did in the 80's and on Zootv. Rob33 was correcto. Take Janis Joplin as an example. She was a classic example of a wrecked voice. She could hardly talk when she hit 27. If singing and shouting are the same thing then I consider Alex Fergurson to be a great singer when he shouts at his team. I also like the sound of screaming babies because they are not singing tey are shouting.

WTF?

His falsetto is the weakest it's been since Elevation, he struggles to do the solo falsetto in WOWY at the end. It sounds the weakest ever. Are you still thinking it's strong based on that one time during the vertigo tour? because I sure as hell don't see it on the 360 tour...

It's absent from UV, and it's butchered in UF, so I think in that regard the falsetto needs a serious comeback and some work to further enhance the songs - half singing it in UF is not a strong comeback! Still, for some this isn't a problem, for me however I feel the falsetto was an important factor of the song(s)...

Prove me wrong, do it, I am willing to think otherwise because I hate to think Bono's falsetto is weak now. I love Bono's falsetto. So if you can prove me wrong, I am all open.

Right. Compared to one night on the Vertigo tour his falsetto is stronger but weaker in the general picture. It can either be strong or weak.

WTF?

I don't argee at all here, sorry. His falsetto is much deeper now:

- On an rehearsal in June when they played MW he sang the "Child" way deeper then on Vertigo tour

- On Barceolona 1 show he did an very deep falsetto on AOH

- On Barcelona 2 show he did a very deep falsetto in the beginning of Crazy Tonight

- He did a great job on Electrical Storm.

That falsetto sound was very deep.

Why do people like his voice from Lovetown when he's shouting and not singing? I can never understand this. On one case you've got Niel McCormick saying that he's incapable of producing a pure tone like soul singers (and yet Stevie Wonder is stylist singing soul) and there's people who want him to lose his voice by attempting to sing like he did in the 80's and on Zootv. Rob33 was correcto. Take Janis Joplin as an example. She was a classic example of a wrecked voice. She could hardly talk when she hit 27. If singing and shouting are the same thing then I consider Alex Fergurson to be a great singer when he shouts at his team. I also like the sound of screaming babies because they are not singing tey are shouting.

Some people think that it sounds more powerful when screaming, but it isnt.
Imaganie that in the 80s Bono was an Samsung LCD with the contrast to high and fake sharpness to the maxium, the picture looks sharper but is very uncorrect. Now he is an Pioneer plasma that is calibrated, wich give an correct picture and still the picture is very sharp :)

I'm blown away by Bono's voice these days, finally he seems to have learned how to sing. His voice is very warm and melodic and he seems very much in control of it. Great techniques and also good with experimentation (MOS). I loved In a little while and MLK. And Electrical storm :drool:

Not fond of the falsetto, never was, I think Edge doing most of it these days. But Bono's voice is strong, beautiful, almost not scratchy at all. I hope he can keep this voice for a long long time. Even on the low quality bootleg you can hear him singing very well.

Some people think that it sounds more powerful when screaming, but it isnt.
Imaganie that in the 80s Bono was an Samsung LCD with the contrast to high and fake sharpness to the maxium, the picture looks sharper but is very uncorrect. Now he is an Pioneer plasma that is calibrated, wich give an correct picture and still the picture is very sharp :)

:/

Back
Top Bottom