Bono singing in Third Person = New "Characters" on 2009 tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skott100

Acrobat
Total speculation here but there have been a couple references to Bono writing songs in the third person on this album. I can't help but wonder if he will take these characters on stage with him. Could we be on the verge of some new live personae i.e. The Fly, Mirrorballman, MacPhisto or Completely Out Of Context 3rd World Dictator Guy (from Vertigo Tour)?

Total speculation here but there have been a couple references to Bono writing songs in the third person on this album. I can't help but wonder if he will take these characters on stage with him. Could we be on the verge of some new live personae i.e. The Fly, Mirrorballman, MacPhisto or Completely Out Of Context 3rd World Dictator Guy (from Vertigo Tour)?

I never got the dictator outfit and the songs it was linked to

Bono certainly aced those characters on ZooTV, but that was 17 years ago (holy shit that's a long time). nowadays, i'm not sure it would work

I know, but it didn't seem to fit like the fly during the zootv tour. It was just Bono in a costume and not Bono as a character IMO

True. I just don't think "3rd world dictator" is what he was going for.

EmoBono (with the eyeliner) ?

Bono Burgandy?

bonoburgundy.gif

As a former reporter, I'd be excited for this!

He did say in the last Rolling Stone interview he'd be a journalist if he wasn't a rock star . . .

I doubt he'll be taking on characters though. At least not ones in the songs.

Clark Kent kind of type morphing into SupaBono anyone?

Back
Top Bottom