Bono introduces Terry Lawless during UC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragmio

Babyface
During The Unknown Caller Bono says "Terry Lawless, take it away" or something like that. I love it but it's kind of weird to introduce a hidden musician, no?

Anyway this only proves that hiding musicians was never the idea of the band.

During The Unknown Caller Bono says "Terry Lawless, take it away" or something like that. I love it but it's kind of weird to introduce a hidden musician, no?

Anyway this only proves that hiding musicians was never the idea of the band.

Is this the only subject you post about?

Bono's thanked and given props to Terry several times, this isn't new.

I think everyone knows about Terry at this stage, no point keeping it quiet anymore,

I dunno how I feel about hidden musician's under the stage tho,
It is kind of a cheat,

i'm glad Bono does that. Terry plays some wicked keyboards.

ps. BVS, take it easy, would ya? you don't always have to yell at people. :wink: :)

i think you should yell at more people BVS :up:

^What he said.

What interesting threads we get during tour time. :huh: As if it was a secret that Terry's playing the keys for U2. He's done that for years, and all those years there were no secrets. We all knew. Good on you that you found out he's doing this at last, but really, it's not a big deal.

I don't get why people make such a fuss, it's either this or taped stuff which people would complain about too. Who gives a damn as long as you have fun?

Honestly - I respect this.

I think all the die hard fans (or at least anyone with a brain) knows that there are sounds either played by someone else or triggered by someone else during the show.

What would you rather have, great songs with all the sounds possible by the four chaps plus extras, or the songs missing some noises?

I think it is great that he gives credit to those involved.

What I do not like is the fact that he hides his teleprompter in a deck mounted speaker enclosure - to me that seems kind of ghetto.

Also - BVS, I truly love your cinicism and snarkiness (it would be great to see you smile every once in a while, though)

:wink:

Jesus, wow, I didn't know he had a full size organ down there!!!!!

yeah I guess on the 360 tour this would be a problem, but he could have been on-stage for Vertigo and Elevation,

I mean this man is an incredible musician who contributes to the writting, recording and live performance for U2, why is he under the stage? (on previous tours),
the only reason I can think of is that he prolly has ALOT of gear, to set up on stage and would prolly clutter the stage, other than that I dunno, he clearly love when he plays on-stage, and I guess he plays on most of the setlist on a nightly basis,

EDIT, he said himself on his web site that one of the highlights of his life was playing "on-stage" with U2", he clearly enjoys it!!!

BVS is a big meanie. :angry:
"Has" is spelled h-a-s, and I think your keyboard might be messed up because your 'w' is upside down and looks like an 'm'.

I mean this man is an incredible musician who contributes to the writting, recording and live performance for U2, why is he under the stage?
Where have you heard that he takes part in the writing process?

the only reason I can think of is that he prolly has ALOT of gear, to set up on stage and would prolly clutter the stage, other than that I dunno, he clearly love when he plays on-stage, and I guess he plays on most of the setlist on a nightly basis,
He has also said very honestly that he doesn't feel comfortable on stage.

Good gig. But that had to be a little weird when the U2 camp first approached Terry about touring.

"And you'll be down here where 99% of the audience won't know you exist. Careful you don't bump your head."

Back
Top Bottom