Bonnarumor: U2 To Headline Bonnaroo 2010??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Against U2 playing Bonnaroo. If you wait all day for U2 getting into the European type Front Pitch all day you will most likely get screwed by VIP's. Yes for Pearl Jam in 2008 and Bruce Springsteen in 2009 I was screwed waiting all day to find myself and others not to get on the front railing due to VIP's! Metallica in 2008 no VIP's took the front rail. If U2 plays Bonnaroo I will think about it but will petition on their crappy board for the festival stop having VIP's entering first for the days headliner. I don't feel that I get my monies worth getting screwed by the festival just to see one band that is usually the headliner. I think U2 would do Friday at Bonnaroo and fly right after the show to Denver. No way they would play on Thursday to open up Bonnaroo.

U2 at Bonnaroo - thoughts?

I can't quite get my brain around this. U2 will have just started the 2nd leg of their massive stadium tour. Will they be able to "tone it down" for a festival style show?

It might be interesting, but my first thoughts are that it doesn't seem like the right fit.

Anyone else?

AFAIK, they are still running the Preakness at Pimlico so no reason why V Fest can't go on there as well, money is money.

Anyway, do All Points West! Should fit right before the Europe leg kicks off and make up for not having a second show at the Meadowlands. ;-)

(I kid although I would be more than happy if this happened. :wink: )

It would be the closest thing to a trip back in time :drool: :drool: Hence worth driving down to Tenessee (or is it Kentucky...)

I've always dreamed of seeing them at a festival.

AFAIK, they are still running the Preakness at Pimlico so no reason why V Fest can't go on there as well, money is money.

Anyway, do All Points West! Should fit right before the Europe leg kicks off and make up for not having a second show at the Meadowlands. ;-)

(I kid although I would be more than happy if this happened. :wink: )

well, if that was the case then why wasn't the VFest held there this year?

U2 will be playing in Coachella festival......u heard it hear first....festival takes place april 16-18......just in time to re-hype their tour legs.....plus talk about expanding your HORIZONS with new fans..............

:pray: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to coachella this next year anyway so this would make me pass the f$&@ out.
Bonnaroo is unrealistic for me right now but that would seem to be the more realistic for the festival since I know the police and Bruce Springsteen have headlined bonnaroo before.

Still it's a longshot for coachella in my opinion but I reallllllllly want them there!! :sad:

U2 will be playing in Coachella festival......u heard it hear first....festival takes place april 16-18..

I would guess that U2’s deal with Live Nation prevents them from playing any festivals put on by AEG/Goldenvoice.

Is a non-claw show worth travelling long distance to catch?

What's with suddenly copying Bruce and now being open to play festivals? Aside from $$.

It would not be worth it to go to a festival because if they do European style festival shows and you wait all day to get upfront... Think twice. If its not a LiveNation show chances are that security and the promoter would want to fill in the front pit with their own VIP guests that they can't fit on the side of the stage. I've dealt with it a Bonnaroo 2 years in a row for Pearl Jam and Bruce Springsteen only on Saturday. Coachella I doubt U2 would play there since their playing a month and a half South of LA.

I would guess that U2’s deal with Live Nation prevents them from playing any festivals put on by AEG/Goldenvoice.

Only if AEG owns exclusive promoting rights like LiveNation does with U2.

This is a rare arrangement, and LiveNation could always buy out the promoting rights for anything U2 related.

This happens alot. Bob Kraft, owner of the Patriots, up until this past summer, bought out promoting rights from LiveNation just because he did not like them.

They are announcing the lineup right now on myspace.com/bonnaroo. According to billboard.com the headliners are Jay-Z, Stevie Wonder, Dave Matthews Band, and Kings of Leon. Looking like no U2.

They are announcing the lineup right now on myspace.com/bonnaroo. According to billboard.com the headliners are Jay-Z, Stevie Wonder, Dave Matthews Band, and Kings of Leon. Looking like no U2.

Yeah... would've interfered with their 4-5 days off between cities anyway, right? ;)

The Bonnaroo hardcores had the same attitude that the Glatonbury hardcores do, and it is anti-U2.

I guess I am an anomaly -- hardcore U2 fan and Bonnaroo regular.

I like Bonnaroo and will also see U2 a bunch this coming summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom