Best Strategy for using your pre-sale code

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the same question connachtpa. I live in Seattle and they aren't on the list for this year. Do I use my code for Vancouver, BC in hopes of getting a new code next year if (probably) they come to Seattle? The Vancouver show is on a Wednesday which is a bummer - if it was a weekend, that would make my decision.

I hope U2.com comes out with their plan on this soon so we can decide what we need to do. Anyone know when they will put out the dates for next year?

I would hold off using all 4 at once...buy 2 for Vancouver and then wait for Seattle with the other 2 - this is what Im doing for as well...

I have the same question connachtpa. I live in Seattle and they aren't on the list for this year. Do I use my code for Vancouver, BC in hopes of getting a new code next year if (probably) they come to Seattle? The Vancouver show is on a Wednesday which is a bummer - if it was a weekend, that would make my decision.

I hope U2.com comes out with their plan on this soon so we can decide what we need to do. Anyone know when they will put out the dates for next year?

I took this from Baja's post on U2.com

"I do not know if the code can be used for the other leg s(probably) or if we will assign new codes for the other legs (doubt it)."

I am going to count on the "doubt it" for assigning new codes for the next legs.

It would be nice if they would let us know this kind of information, but I'm guessing they don't have it all figured out yet. They've only had a few years to decide this kind of thing.

^ :lol:

I thought once I had a presale code all my anxiety would lift . . . but its heightened! ack ack ack . . . at least you lovely people in the US have an opportunity to get to more than one show :yes: and as someone else posted earlier, there is always the opportunity to trade later . . . U2.com have already set up a trading page so I'm sure you'll get what you want in the end :)

^ I agree... In Europe, you don't have to go through all the hassle and just buy tix for one show (oh joy!). I have to say this U2-tickets-business-thing is creating way more stress and anxiety than it should :crack:

Though, the trading stuff will probably be a solution to a lot of people's problems, since so many are having the same dilemmas. Market trades, gotta love 'em :)

I remember back in 92 my dad went to get tickets for me and a friend. He came in the door, told his hopeful and excited 14 year old daughter that they were sold out, then just as my face dropped and my lip started to tremble, he pulled out two tickets.

If that happened today I'd murder him. Believe me, I was ready to that day, but now it'd be even moreso if anyone tried pulling that with me. :lol:

Ya know whats worse than that.I became a U2 fan in fall of 1992 and when I found out when the band was playing in my area next it was the previous week that I had become a fan.Talk about horrible timing.

A lot less of a strategy for those wanting European tixs as we can only use it for one show :down:

I need two tickets for Amsterdam 20th July, the likely Amsterdam 21st and/or 22nd shows, Dublin 24th and Sheffield. I will most likely go for the Dublin GA x4 and have 2 spares to trade for the others, and try my luck with the public sales.

I will be be going for the 30 euro seats for at least one show, "behind" the stage, be a different perspective.

Other than that, GA all the way!

Think I'm going for the exact same strategy, man! I'm hoping for Paris (1GA), Amsterdam (2GA), and Dublin (2GA). Ugh..

Best of luck!

Mr.Z has proven his love once again. He told me he'd be willing to stay in a seat with our son while I rocked out in GA! So I'll be getting 2 seats and 1 GA for Phoenix and then still have 1 left.

Then I just have to decide whether or not to use that one right now to get a GA for L.A. or take my chances on that one in the general sale and save my 1 left for when they announce the Nor.Cal show.

There was a seperate code for the 3rd leg N.A. of the Vertigo Tour. I would go for GA tickets and you could always trade with another fan if you want to go to a different show. I think there was a two GA ticket limit on the Vertigo Tour though.

Why the hell would someone try and sell a pre-sale code on eBay for a price over three times as much as the most expensive ticket? :huh:

It would be nice if they would let us know this kind of information, but I'm guessing they don't have it all figured out yet. They've only had a few years to decide this kind of thing.

clearly more time is needed.

maybe they'll have it all figured out by 2011 :|

This is from my Vertigo presale FAQ email, so unless they explicitly stated a change I would assume it hasn't:

3. How many tickets can I buy?

Your unique code will enable you to buy up to FOUR tickets for any ONE SHOW. You cannot buy tickets for more than one show. Bookings that exceed this Ticket Limit may be cancelled without further notification.

So in this case , I would buy 4 GA's for LA-use one. .....and try to exchange GA's for Las Vegas, AZ with others.:hmm:

For the new tour, I had the same question, but in the FAQ that was in the email, I thought it spelled it out pretty clearly - you can buy up to 4 tickets spread over 4 different shows.

For US, anyway. It seemed to be different for the Europe shows.

For the new tour, I had the same question, but in the FAQ that was in the email, I thought it spelled it out pretty clearly - you can buy up to 4 tickets spread over 4 different shows.

For US, anyway. It seemed to be different for the Europe shows.

Oh well if it said that I'd go with that then. I think that makes more sense but nothing they did last tour with the presale made much sense anyways. :huh:

ETA: Well I guess that settles that..
Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show in Europe in a single transaction OR up to FOUR tickets (in total) against up to four shows in North America. (This is because ticketing vending arrangements are different on the two continents. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in Europe. The code can be used up to four (4) times against up to a total of four (4) tickets at up to four (4) shows in North America. eg two tickets at one show, two tickets at another or one ticket to one show and three to another.)

That may be worth $50 to me....:hmm:

Yeah, I was thinking of using my presale code for Barcelona but I think I'll be better off buying a GA package for Barcelona and then using my presale code to buy tickets to four different US shows.

Back
Top Bottom