Best stage/pitch diagram seen yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dclawyer

The Fly
At least in my opinion. Very detailed. You can see clearly the stage set up, where GA and the "ellipse/inner circle" will clearly be, which also gives an idea of where the auctioned (RED) area will be.

Event

Makes me want to get into the Crab even more...it's going to be a totally different concert experience under that structure than out on the pitch with the masses.

detailed indeed.. our friends from U2 are very smart... they translated an Open indoor stage setup to stadium format and call it u2 360.... smart indeed.. selling out entire stadiums + the GA section....

this lay-out from the Stade de France is great.... definitely looking forward to the tour.. hoping to be in front of the stage at least once..:drool:

yah, its closer to 360 than anyone has gotten before, but clearly immediately behind the stage is not available to either GA or seating, only seating higher up after you clear the equipment line of sight. And yeah, there are dead zones (blind spots) caused by the claw legs and other equipment in other areas.

So do you think the auctioned(RED) area is the whole right side(south) section, and the 'elipse' sections are the top/bottom(east/west)? That would be alot of seats to auction....

yah, its closer to 360 than anyone has gotten before.

Rod & Celine beg to differ. As well as several one-off 360 stadium shows by George Strait, Beatles, Elvis and some rave things.

Springsteen sold rear-stage tickets for endzone stadium shows in 85/88(93?) when demand permitted.

It's outside the ego ramp only on both sides.

Still, I'm assuming there will be at least 8-10 meters deep worth of space on either side of the ramp on both side. If you were to fill those two red sections with fans you would easily get at least 200-400 fans in there. If they're going to be taking up space with massage booths, two full bars, special bathrooms, lots of velvet rope, than that's another issue...

Still, I'm assuming there will be at least 8-10 meters deep worth of space on either side of the ramp on both side. If you were to fill those two red sections with fans you would easily get at least 200-400 fans in there. If they're going to be taking up space with massage booths, two full bars, special bathrooms, lots of velvet rope, than that's another issue...

I think it's just 400 or so folks paying hundreds each to project RED. There's a market for this pricing and a charity benefits.

Although I do imagine that it'll be a snob fest. Hope they enjoy their shrimp platters and martinis.

I think it's just 400 or so folks paying hundreds each to project RED. There's a market for this pricing and a charity benefits.

Although I do imagine that it'll be a snob fest. Hope they enjoy their shrimp platters and martinis.

:angry: and i can't even enjoy a beer without having to leave the GA for the restroom

Don't get me wrong; I'm psyched for the tour, but if it was truly U2 "360" wouldn't the seats "behind" the stage be better than Cat. 3-4?

Just curious. No doubt this set-up will make the band more accessible in a stadium than ever. But, I've got to believe that there are plenty of people who saw Elevation and Vertigo arena shows from behind that would be quite familiar with the "360" set-up.

Mark

I personally think it's pretty lame to call your tour the 360 tour....and not even make sections surrounding the stage at floor level accessible at all....not only that, I got the impression that this claw structure would be centralized...it's barely centered at all :|

The fact is, we don't really know all the details. Plus some venues are going to be different due to coding factors, etc...

I have a hard time believing all the whited area right next to the stage is empty, that really wouldn't make sense.

Plus I'm trying to figure out what that 'T' structure is "behind" the stage.

I'm assuming it's at one end due to how the band enters and leaves, nothing more.

The supposition is that the white areas to the left and right of the stage are the (RED) auction areas. All the stuff behind the stage must be equipment, where band enters, etc.

i wonder how you get into the claw space? if you end up with a GA ticket for one of the southern entrances at the Stade then you're screwed...

not only that, I got the impression that this claw structure would be centralized...it's barely centered at all :|

it's not so bad - i saw The Police there and their stage set up was right at the left end, i was in the u block, around u14/15, and they were like tiny ants! but i guess that would be like being around X2/3/4 this time... whatever though, these stadiums are huge, 90000 capacity roughly...

OMGZZZ U2Z LYINZ, thats where we are going with this right?,

again can we not just wait and see what the actual stage brings on June 30th before bitching etc?

I don't think Pudgie likes facts...

Pudgie loves facts! He's a fact vacuum! He sucks them all up and holds them in his pudgie belly!

Seriously, though, you'll have to pardon me for being a little skeptical of Bono's claim that 10,000 tickets per show will be sold at the lowest price level ($30 in North America). I sure doesn't look like that in the Paris seating chart.

I never heard that the 10,000 number was exclusive to North America. It would be silly for anyone here to suggest that his comment was only intended for those fans living within the confines of the United States.

As the Paris seating chart would suggest, I suspect that the 10,000 figure will be highly variable depending based on the market.

More U2 shenanigans!

It would be silly for anyone that knows anything about how ticket prices work to think it would be universal.

And forgive me for not thinking you're a stickler for facts but your U2 not a great live band thread was full of inaccuracies and revisionist history. Along with a lot of your other posts...

It would be silly for anyone that knows anything about how ticket prices work to think it would be universal.

And forgive me for not thinking you're a stickler for facts but your U2 not a great live band thread was full of inaccuracies and revisionist history. Along with a lot of your other posts...

Zap!

Why doesn't it bother you if the band is dishonest about the number of cheap tickets they have?

i wonder how you get into the claw space? if you end up with a GA ticket for one of the southern entrances at the Stade then you're screwed...

Here in Europe there's usually one or two GA entries at the same end of the stadium. Once the doors open you have to run... I think you can enter the claw space through a small tunnel under the circular catwalk as we had with the heart in 2001..
getting up early on the day of the show and be at the stadium before 11.00 am will guarantee you a spot in the enclosed section... if you want to be in the claw space make it a few hours earlier..

Back
Top Bottom