Best stage/pitch diagram seen yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm always excited to see the band again. I just make sure that I'm not the person in €150,= seats across from the stage..
My wife will be behind the stage at Amsterdam at € 33,= (she's not so tall and can't see a thing in the GA area) and she's totally happy with it. ....and yes, I imagined the stage would be in the middle of the stadium too.

Wow. I rarely ever bitch or speak negatively when it comes to U2 ... but, I must say this stage set up confuses me too. I mean, I don't see how it is different to Vertigo ... when they talked of being in the round, I imagined the stage in the middle of the stadium. But this just looks like the same end stage set up, with people paying for the back view.
Also, from the Wembley diagram, looks like you can pay 250 bucks to be a mile away in the lower level across from the stage...which we all know U2 will look like ants.
Ugh, oh well. For the first time in 22 years, I feel less excited than ever to see my favorite band in the world!!!!!!! (Of course, I still hope to be able to see one or 2 shows this leg. :D)

There's 4-5 price tiers on this tour. Other Euro stadiums don't have the most expensive seats in the lower bowl furthest from the stage.

This stage is not hung, but rather has support beans. Don't think anybody else has done a spherical(cone shaped?) video screen before, although Peter Gabriel has an egg shaped 360 projection screen in 2002/3.

Crowd atmosphore should be different that other stadium shows. Actually I think side & rear stage seats may be the tours best kept secret: Cheaper tix, good sightlines and no booming echo.

Well, we ended up with £85 seats at Wembley - BK525.

Pre-sale, £85 tickets with what looks like a great big leg of the stage set up obscuring the view, which seems a bit naff - or am I missing something?

I am in Block 551 which was £60 per ticket.

I orginally went for £85 ones but they gave me tickets right at the the one end of the stadium but i wanted tickets at the side of the stage so went for £60 ones

^ did you want tickets up there? They aren't great :sad:

They might not be great, but at £85 a pop they shouldn't be crap. I assumed £85 tickets would have a decent enough view.....

It was that or block 107. I was really torn, but in the end plumped for closer and a bit higher, rather than right at the back. It was row 8, which swung it - if it had been much higher I'd have gone for 107. Plus Wembley doesn't look as high / steep as Cardiff.

Sometimes you can never tell until you get there though.

Sometimes you can never tell until you get there though.

Unfortunately this is true. I've been suprised both good and bad in the past...

It could be a fine line depending on the exact angles and height of the rig - looking at the link below, view 1 would be hissy fit time, view 2 would be fine....

Possible views from BK525

I seriously doubt it will be view 1...

From what I've gathered, these schematics are not the greatest when it comes to scale, but my guess is that view is far too aerial for a stadium view. I think it will closer to view 2.

I suspect you're right - if they actually were restricted view, they wouldn't be £85 I guess.

I know they don't like to repeat themselves, but its a shame the screens are relatively small - the scale of Zoo, and the single wall last time out made for an amazing show.

Should be great regardless I'm sure. :)

Does anyone have a clue as to what 400 section seats are at Croke? They aren't on the seating chart :confused:

I know they don't like to repeat themselves, but its a shame the screens are relatively small - the scale of Zoo, and the single wall last time out made for an amazing show.

Well it's hard to tell the size of the screens, like I said the scale of these things isn't the best. If the model is to scale the screen is about the size of the the stage, and huge compared to the figures on the stage. If the model is correct the screen is much larger than Zoo and only maybe slightly smaller than Pop.

LOL, read through a lot of this thread. U2 fans, they represent the best and the worst in a fan. When U2 fans get riled they are extremely difficult and make a mountain out of a mole hill. When they are cool, they are nicest most accomodating fans on the planet. Definately extremes! :)

My bottom line. The stage looks cool, could there be some site line problems with the structure. Certainly, my guess though is they have thought that through as well. If not, and people pay $100 for an obstructed view then they have a right to complain. But I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens. I remember on Popmart some of the audio structures in the back would block some views partially. U2's crew had extra tickets set aside for the floor for this problem and those people were given the option to move closer to the stage on the floor as a result. My "guess" is this tour will be no different. I also had this happen to me in Chicago on Zoo TV. The B stage ramp partially blocked the view where my seats were initially due to the amphitheater set up. The moment I got there they promptly moved us to 6th row dead center. :shrug:

Have some faith in this band and their management. Yes, there have been mess ups in the past with various things and there will be more. Considering the size and number of tours they have done they have typically come through for their fans and in the large scheme of things the mess ups were minor when looking at things from the big picture perspective.

I really is poor, that we have all this hype about £30 tickets behind the stage, which sounds really interesting - I'd love one, just to experience it once. But ticketmaster seem unable to display a seating plan that show where the £30 tickets actually are! Well, this is the case for Sheffield - Don Valley Stadium don't even know, well they didn't when i phoned them yesterday.

Real shame that you can't actually pick the type of seat that you want, assuming that they are available.

I really like the nl livenation seating plan for Amsterdam, that had real detail. But I don't know if it was actually possible to choose which type of £30 ticket yoy wanted.

I persoanlly don't think that there will be any £30 tickets for sheffield behind the stage , the area doesn't seem big enough - my guess is all the £30 will be right at the back.

Does anyone have a clue as to what 400 section seats are at Croke? They aren't on the seating chart :confused:

I found this on the Croke Park website.

Wheelchair seats are available at the back of the Cusack and Davin Lower Stands from sections 402 - 424.

The Ard Chomhairle Section is located at the back of the Hogan Stand lower between sections 430 - 433.

Are you in one of these sections?

400 seats are terrible in Croke Park for gigs -they are tucked right in underneath the balcony of the premium tier above meaning they have a very low ceiling... as a result the sound is AWFUL in these areas...

LOL, read through a lot of this thread. U2 fans, they represent the best and the worst in a fan. When U2 fans get riled they are extremely difficult and make a mountain out of a mole hill. When they are cool, they are nicest most accomodating fans on the planet. Definately extremes! :)

I didn't mean to be making a mountain out of a molehill - I was just thinking aloud really.

And as I said, you usually can't tell until you get there anyway.

:)

I persoanlly don't think that there will be any £30 tickets for sheffield behind the stage , the area doesn't seem big enough - my guess is all the £30 will be right at the back.

Well Bill, i hope this doesn't put you off posting again, but your guess is wrong.
I have just bought a £30 ticket for Sheffield - block 35 - behind the stage.

hope you got one too

Well Bill, i hope this doesn't put you off posting again, but your guess is wrong.
I have just bought a £30 ticket for Sheffield - block 35 - behind the stage.

hope you got one too

To my surprise, I did indeed!!!!!!

To my surprise, I did indeed!!!!!!

Looks to me asthough the sheffield £30 tickets behind the stage could be the bargain of the tour, as there is no higher level seating, just one tier, close to the stage. We'll see, should be a new experience anyway.

Here's a diagram from the as of yet unofficially announced show in Norman, Oklahoma (pretty much in the round here) :hmm::

Seating Chart. Official Ticketmaster site

That is just messed up.

Unless they have weird plans for pricing the house or give Americans a chance to see a "sideways" configured show.

Either that or there is an unusual amount of Adam fans in Oklahoma.

Here's a diagram from the as of yet unofficially announced show in Norman, Oklahoma (pretty much in the round here) :hmm::

Seating Chart. Official Ticketmaster site

I'm looking at a satellite photo, and the problem with stadium in Norman is that there is very little space between the grandstands and the football sidelines. My suspicion is that the stage won't fit in the standard orientation. That makes me wonder, even more, why they're playing there at all.

Oklahoma Memorial Stadium (Satellite Photo)

27222s.gif

I'm looking at a satellite photo, and the problem with stadium in Norman is that there is very little space between the grandstands and the football sidelines. My suspicion is that the stage won't fit in the standard orientation. That makes me wonder, even more, why they're playing there at all.

we have a winner!!

The 2 corner also look to have some blindspots, as will the seats behind the stage that won't be used. I guess the soundboard will be in the large grandstand "tunnel". Note that the extra ligth tower/sound relay towers quite likely won't be used at this show, for better or for worse.

That's going to be one weird GA situation, especially with GA fans barricaded behind the RED sections.

Back
Top Bottom