Best show so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THIS. :up: There's no way to say which show was "best", as it's such a subjective analysis. That being said, i saw 7 shows this tour, and my favorites are:

2) Dublin 2 (something special happened this night-- perhaps the first night hometown jitters wore off. it started raining during "Unkown Caller" and it was just a beautiful moment)
/QUOTE]

That was an amazing moment

worst - Barca 1. But I can forgive an opening night. But i do know someone who has been to a shedload of shows who thinks it was the best :wave: May also have something to do with my expectations being lowered after the first show?

I saw 5 on this tour (2 in Barcelona and 3 in Dublin). Barcelona just stood out, and still does. One was a (rather nice) shambles but its hard to fault everything else. Still the best renditions of all of the new songs (bar MOS possible) and Ultraviolet was unreal.

As it was my first U2 show, my expectations were massive

Amsterdam 21/07. Blew my mind away! Having completely NO clue wtf was going on setlist wise was awesome.
This lol, as soon as One started I was totally lost. It was awesome having bad and UTEOFW ! I actually bought tickets for both Amsterdam's because "if they play Bad here and I am not there I will cry for days"

I went to three shows and Amsterdam2 was by far the best, Gelsenkirchen the "worst", still great but there was a big difference in audience and performance of the band.

The answer to this question is insert the show(s) you went to here.

For the shows I went to

1. Dublin 3
2. Boston 2
3. Dublin 2
4. Jersey 2
5. Dublin 1
6. Jersey 1
7. Boston 1
8. DC

But my favourite one has been:

I can't really describe it. It is Boston, so the crowd LOVES U2. And they loved Snow Patrol too, who opened for the last time. Not opening with Breathe. UTEOTW with Melissa onstage (who was excellent). The Boston flag that got onstage during Unknown Caller. The overall performance.
After this concert I just wanted to hug everyone I saw. It was that good.
:bow:

Yay! I didn't see you there, but here you go: :hug:.

This lol, as soon as One started I was totally lost. It was awesome having bad and UTEOFW ! I actually bought tickets for both Amsterdam's because "if they play Bad here and I am not there I will cry for days"

I went to three shows and Amsterdam2 was by far the best, Gelsenkirchen the "worst", still great but there was a big difference in audience and performance of the band.

I know!! I mean, I knew about the setlists and how it went. Went to Paris I and II, then Amsterdam I. We heard a vague rumour Bad and UTEOTW were rehearsed, but we stood in line ALL DAY and not heard a thing. Turns out it was only audible a little bit in the parking lot or so.
I had a feeling they'd shake things up for us, but this? I saw Dallas take out the Les Paul, and I knew it would be different. Then Edge kicked in UTEOTW and man, awesome. I loved not having a clue what was going on, so much. Then After Pride I was talking to the people around me about hwat would happen after Streets. We already concluded it had to be bad, but when Dallas changed Edge's strat for the black one I knew it, then the synths started. Man I'm getting shivers again.

Actually, Cathal has. I want to ask HIM at the end of all this what he thought the best show was. But even then, you're right, it will be heavily influenced by his own experience at each particular show. I've been to shows that others thought were amazing, but because I was really wiped out, or was in proximity of annoying drunkards, the show experience didn't do it for me.

I also hate how this idea of "the BEST show" becomes like a competition, or a way of making others feel inferior, because they missed out on "the most epic show ever of all time", blah, blah, blah....

I'm with you about getting Cathal's thoughts when this leg of the tour is over. :up: And you make a good point about the competitive aspect of these threads - although I always find it interesting how other people who saw the same shows I did would rate them.

I was at Charlottesville, Raleigh, & Atlanta. Depending on what criteria is used, any of the three could go to the top of the list. But if I rate them on terms of the overall sound from my perspective, Bono's voice & the band's energy, my top 3 go like this: 1) Raleigh; 2) Atlanta; 3) Charlottesville.

:hmm: I feel that my studies don't have enough data to be properly scientific, though. Does anyone want to present me with a small grant to further my research??? :lol:

I saw 3 shows in the UK:

1. Sheffield (was in the pit - crowd really friendly and up for it)
2. Cardiff (in GA to see the claw from afar)
3. Wembley 2 (in red zone - thought the atmosphere was lacking in it)

Best show ever been to was roundhay park on Zooropa, according to Bono made Wembley look like a bowling green. That show was even better than being in the heart at slane 1, 2001!

Good thing about Wembley 2 was hearing more of the Achtung Baby classics!

They all seem pretty much the same (with the same 3-4 songs in and our, etc...). EXCEPT for the debuts of Electrical Storm!!!

I only have only been to two shows..

Toronto 2 had the better crowd in my opinion
Toronto 1..this was good because I got to hear YBR live :drool:

And I love Milan both shows even though I wasn't there..but the crowd sounds loud! :)

Out of four shows in three weeks:cute:

C'Ville:drool:

Chicago Dos:applaud:

Chicago Uno:up:

Raleigh:D

I think C'Ville was my favorite b/c of where I was in the Stadium (Outside Rail Front Row against black security gate Edge's Side)

Chicago Dos 353 Behind The Stage

Chicago Uno Pit Adam's Side Heels were killin me after a two hour walk then standing for hours:sad:

Raleigh Top of 1st Tier Behind The Stage

Any show where they played Your Blue Room. When I heard they played it live I was so friggin psyched. I'm serious. If there was EVER was song I would have wanted them to play that would have been it easily and I never, NEVER expected them to do it in a million years.

Good God.

:wave:
It's impossible to say which show this tour has been their best. No one has seen each and every concert. Also, even at the same concert experiences differ due to circumstances (where you end up, who is next to you, how your general mood is that day, what your expectations are).

But my favourite one has been: Boston2

I can't really describe it. It is Boston, so the crowd LOVES U2. And they loved Snow Patrol too, who opened for the last time. Not opening with Breathe. UTEOTW with Melissa onstage (who was excellent). The Boston flag that got onstage during Unknown Caller. The overall performance.
After this concert I just wanted to hug everyone I saw. It was that good.
:bow:

Ditto. I also especially appreciated the tall Dutch gentleman next to me who helped adjust my camera!:wave:

Back
Top Bottom