Best GA Position to stand in ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

idanyow

Babyface
Hello,

I was last year at Wembley Stadium London, arrived very early morning so I got to stand in the first line just near the stage.

However, I didn't see the whole band, but if they came close enough to the mid-edge of the stage they were very close.

I am going to Athens on 02/09 and planning again on arriving early... but now I'm thinking to stand inside the circle but near the outer circular stage... the one the band walks around on.

Anyone ever stood there in a concert? How is the view from there?

With this stage it's certainly an advantage to stand a little bit in the back because the stage is so high that you hardly see the whole band when you're in front row. From the various gigs I went to I discovered that you can stand anywhere in the circle and still have a great view. If you stand at the inner rail of the catwalk, it's still great and you have a little more room to move. The rails are so long that you can easily get a spot even when you're not queuing up early. If you don't mind not seeing the whole band all the time, you can also go for a rail spot on the left and right side. Outer rail at the catwalk is also very good. I've tried all kinds of different spots with queuing up early and late arrival and I must say I haven't had a bad spot with any of the shows I went to.

With this stage it's certainly an advantage to stand a little bit in the back because the stage is so high that you hardly see the whole band when you're in front row. From the various gigs I went to I discovered that you can stand anywhere in the circle and still have a great view. If you stand at the inner rail of the catwalk, it's still great and you have a little more room to move. The rails are so long that you can easily get a spot even when you're not queuing up early. If you don't mind not seeing the whole band all the time, you can also go for a rail spot on the left and right side. Outer rail at the catwalk is also very good. I've tried all kinds of different spots with queuing up early and late arrival and I must say I haven't had a bad spot with any of the shows I went to.

So if I get into the circle, you do suggest standing like "last row" there ? just next to the catwalk ?

How many gigs have you been to? Last year was my first.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom