Beer lines at Stadiums. A solution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gunsnroses

The Fly
I noticed that alot of people on here seem to think that the beer lines at the shows are going to be incredibly long or that if you are on the floor you might lose your place to go get a beer. My solution is to bring a camelbak full of wine or mixed drinks of some kind. I did this at every vertigo show i saw . I saw 4 shows at MSG and it worked everytime, plus it worked for the philly shows too. I have done this at countless other concerts too. RHCP,GNR,and Metallica and everytime it worked. It saves time and money!

yeah best to avoid too much drinking, as it's peeing that's the problem!

I noticed that alot of people on here seem to think that the beer lines at the shows are going to be incredibly long or that if you are on the floor you might lose your place to go get a beer. My solution is to bring a camelbak full of wine of mixed drink of some kind. I did this at every vertigo show i saw . I saw 4 shows at MSG and it worked everytime, plus it worked for the philly shows too. I have done this at countless other concerts too. RHCP,GNR,and Metallica and everytime it worked. It saves time and money!

BAHAHAHAH A Camel-back w/wine+rum drinks.....how on earth did you get this past security???? Good for you if you can pull this off!

I'm sixteen and have no inclination to drink... so that isn't an issue for me.

I just put it on under my shirt and maybe wear a jacket. I thought for sure the security at MSG would notice, but i went for it anyways and it worked like a charm. BTW if you dont drink at a U2 then why go to a thread about beer lines.

Letting people in and out of my row so they can go buy beers/pee is my favorite part of a show or a sporting event. I love when they return and spill a little beer on me. Its awesome. :|

During a Vertigo tour show, a woman walked up the wrong stairs looking for her seat. When she couldn't find it she sat down on the stairs and cried for a few songs :lol:

I don't drink at U2 shows = problem solved.

I do all my drinking the night before and/or after the show. :wink:

exactly! why drink at a u2 show and forget the wonderful experience?

i drink at some shows, but a U2 show is a sacred place as far as im concerned and i dont want my mind altered in any way for that experience. :)

I noticed that alot of people on here seem to think that the beer lines at the shows are going to be incredibly long or that if you are on the floor you might lose your place to go get a beer. My solution is to bring a camelbak full of wine or mixed drinks of some kind. I did this at every vertigo show i saw . I saw 4 shows at MSG and it worked everytime, plus it worked for the philly shows too. I have done this at countless other concerts too. RHCP,GNR,and Metallica and everytime it worked. It saves time and money!

so you were the annoying drunk I wanted to punch in the face.

:wink:

Letting people in and out of my row so they can go buy beers/pee is my favorite part of a show or a sporting event. I love when they return and spill a little beer on me. Its awesome. :|

During a Vertigo tour show, a woman walked up the wrong stairs looking for her seat. When she couldn't find it she sat down on the stairs and cried for a few songs :lol:

:lmao:
that'll teach her

And yet you do Blue Crack. Interesting priorities you have there, Digitize.

Trust me... this place has me higher than a kite at times. I don't really need to dump any other addictive crap into my system. ;)

the peeing problem is my biggest issue for a U2 concert. It's actually a nightmare if you have GA ticks, so I will try not to drink too many beers before...:D

seeing as everyone seems to be shooting down your drinking idea, i'll back you up.

when i was outside the ellipse on GA but wanted to be close, there was no drinking 'cause it was impossible... i'd never be able to get back. but i'll never do that again ever ever ever ever so beers it is.

if they have anything similar to the ellipse this time where you can freely come and go as you please, drinking is quite easy. i do stop drinking for the most part once the show begins though, for obvious pee break reasons... i'll usually pee about 5 times inbetween the opener and u2 going on just to make sure. but if there's any left, well.. that's what stuck in a moment is for.

I usually have 1 beer during the opening act or before U2 goes on. But drinking at any concert is too much of a hassle.

beegee, I'm on the fence about the Vegas show & your suggestion only helps :)

i also highly suggest not getting completely hammered before the show. in 2005, a buddy and i saw U2 in Milwaukee. it was a Sunday, so the Packers were playing. after a $75 tab, we were in pretty good shape, but by the time the show started, we were crashing pretty hard and i had a hard time enjoying the show.

Trust me... this place has me higher than a kite at times. I don't really need to dump any other addictive crap into my system. ;)

All the cool kids are doing it. c'mon, just have a couple drinks. do it. do it. do it.

Seriously though, i stopped drinking at concerts a while back. I hated having to leave to pee all the time. And I would always try to hold it in for as long as possible. Looks kinda ridiculous when a slow song starts up and you're still doing the hold-the-pee-in jitterbug

exactly! why drink at a u2 show and forget the wonderful experience?

i drink at some shows, but a U2 show is a sacred place as far as im concerned and i dont want my mind altered in any way for that experience. :)

Enjoy the praying :huh:

Long live rock 'n roll :rockon:
there is NOTHING better than having a few drinks, feel even more loose and enjoy your favourite band in the world.

edit: NEVER during the show itself off course. :)

Back
Top Bottom