Barcelona PRE-SALE/General Sale - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Maria.
Good to read you are from Malta too :)
I am going to keep calling and sending e-mails to them. Next Wednesday a friend of mine who knows good spanish will try to call them too. Unfortunately we have not been lucky in trying to reach them by phone!
Let's just hope we get these tickets by at least next week.
it would be impossible for me to collect the tickets 72hours before because I will be in Barcelona on the 30th!
I have four tickets paid and waiting to be delivered. Argghh
The number I am calling is this: 003493807288888 is it correct?

yes that is the number for customer care but the one i found is 807288888 and i tried with the prefix and with out and the number seems to be invalid i will try the one u gave me , yes let me know what they tell ur friend, i really hope we will not have any problems with those tickets!! issa naraw :doh:

yes that is the number for customer care but the one i found is 807288888 and i tried with the prefix and with out and the number seems to be invalid i will try the one u gave me , yes let me know what they tell ur friend, i really hope we will not have any problems with those tickets!! issa naraw :doh:

prefix for Spain is 34, 93 is for Barcelona

Since this is a 807 number (not an ordinary number) I would say you should dial 00 34 807 288 888

Anyway, if you want I can try tomorrow ... maybe tomorrow is not the best day because the sale for 2nd show starts -and arguably ends-

I cant try and ask them ... your problem is you bought the tickets, and everything seems to be OK, but it seems they don't send them to Malta, isn't it?

Tickets for Barcelona 2 are going to General Sale tomorrow

Rumours here say if there is another fast sold out there would be a third show. It has been said in the media, serious people saying that, not just street-gossip. In spite of that it seems (I read it but I haven't seen it in their website) that local promoters have denied in a public press note that there is going to be a third show -eve in the case of a fast sold out-

Any questions about Barcelona, I will be glad to help

Thanks for the info. I wish they would stop with all the mystery and just announce whether there will be a third show or not.

prefix for Spain is 34, 93 is for Barcelona

Since this is a 807 number (not an ordinary number) I would say you should dial 00 34 807 288 888

Anyway, if you want I can try tomorrow ... maybe tomorrow is not the best day because the sale for 2nd show starts -and arguably ends-

I cant try and ask them ... your problem is you bought the tickets, and everything seems to be OK, but it seems they don't send them to Malta, isn't it?

Hello
Thanks for your reply.
Yes the tickets have been purchased but after I made the purchase and choose UPS delivery it stated the countries they mail too and Malta was not included.
I am totally lost what I can do to get these tickets.
The telephone is always engaged and my e-mails are not being replied too.
It's getting very very hectic.
If you could ask them why they cannot post to Malta you would be doing us a great favour.
Malta is in the EU and I really cannot understand why they don't post them here.
I have even contacted UPS here in Malta to explain my problem and they told me that they recieve UPS documents and parcels from Barcelona and all over Spain every day so really I cannot understand why Ticketmaster.ES won't send them to Malta!!!

I had the same problem, and can't reach them by telephone. I did get one response to my email but no followup, it's very irritating/nerve-wracking. But I think it will be OK and we'll get our tickets. They're just overwhelmed with many people who have this problem so they'll get to us and sort us out.

And tomorrow for Barcelona 2, just make sure you don't buy UPS again!

We have just decided this weekend to go to Barcelona for the 2nd show but didnt realise until today thanks to a friend that the General Sale was tomorrow, i am taking my 11 year old daughter as well!! Couldnt get the time off work for the Gen Sale:sad::sad:
Don't fancy my chances of getting any tickets now

We have just decided this weekend to go to Barcelona for the 2nd show but didnt realise until today thanks to a friend that the General Sale was tomorrow, i am taking my 11 year old daughter as well!! Couldnt get the time off work for the Gen Sale:sad::sad:
Don't fancy my chances of getting any tickets now

If you want pitch standing, that'll obviously be a tough battle, but I was able to score 4 GA's for the first show in Gen Sale last week. I don't think it's impossible, just take 7-8 good minutes from 10:56 to 11:04 and you'll be fine. :)

If you're looking for seats, then the quest will be easier I reckon. I'm sure you'll get your tickets!

If you want pitch standing, that'll obviously be a tough battle, but I was able to score 4 GA's for the first show in Gen Sale last week. I don't think it's impossible, just take 7-8 good minutes from 10:56 to 11:04 and you'll be fine. :)

If you're looking for seats, then the quest will be easier I reckon. I'm sure you'll get your tickets!

Ok thanks gives me a bit of hope!!:up:

Ok thanks gives me a bit of hope!!:up:

Sorry I meant 9:56, not 10:56 :) By then, everything would be gone.

The link: U2 tickets Estadio Camp Nou Barcelona, , Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

Stay on this page and start pressing F5 every 10 seconds from 9:57 on and you'll be just fine!

Best thing is that you also log in before (create account, save credit card etc), it's all a HUGE time saver! Also, don't open extra browsers, ticketmaster recognizes that and throws you out of the queque! Stay with the one browser, keep pressing F5 and as soon as you see the button appear, go for it. If you don't get GA already in your first attempt (there is a good chance sometimes if presale has used lots of it), go straight for seats. By the time you've tried to get GA's and go back to try for seats, the queque line will already take you like 5-6 minutes so you won't get too many chances! :)

Just stay positive, I really don't think it's that hard to get tickets this time around. I tried to get tix for almost any prestigious concert this summer (for fun, just to see if it was possible if I wanted to attend them) in Gen Sale (Dub, Lon & Barcelona) and was always successful.

yeah i ran a search right after i purchased seats for 2 GAs for the hell of it and got nothing. they're gone. Still good single seats 10 minutes ago...I just hope it sells out so there's a 3rd!!!!

It's only been on sale for a couple of hours. Give it a little more time yet.

Pairs still available at several price levels. Decent ones. I don't think we'll see a Barcelona 3 :depressed:

After not managing to get GA's, I tried to get two €30 tickets. System selected them for me, something went wrong, and all of a sudden none were available any more :sad:
I tried too long getting GA's, that behind the stage sold out as wel...
Only €85 and €150 available now.

It's only been on sale for a couple of hours. Give it a little more time yet.
The fact that expensive pairs are still available makes me wonder if they'll think it's worth a third show. Other 2nd shows sold out nearly instantly (Amsterdam, Wembley, Paris, Dublin).

I think 3x100.000 in the same city is a bit too much to ask for. According to U2.com even Milan and London haven't sold out their 2nd gig yet and you would think those cities shouldn't be a problem for U2 even in the current economic climate. On the other hand I'm actually surprised Paris already sold out 2x, but I think it has for an important part to do with the fact that Belgium got no date this year.

Milan II is sold out, they only forgot to communicate that. At least, I haven't been able to pull up tickets for Milan for quite a while.

Hello
Thanks for your reply.
Yes the tickets have been purchased but after I made the purchase and choose UPS delivery it stated the countries they mail too and Malta was not included.
I am totally lost what I can do to get these tickets.
The telephone is always engaged and my e-mails are not being replied too.
It's getting very very hectic.
If you could ask them why they cannot post to Malta you would be doing us a great favour.
Malta is in the EU and I really cannot understand why they don't post them here.
I have even contacted UPS here in Malta to explain my problem and they told me that they recieve UPS documents and parcels from Barcelona and all over Spain every day so really I cannot understand why Ticketmaster.ES won't send them to Malta!!!

Three phone calls, same result. A voice (speaking very fast) informs about the cost of the call, and the address of the company .. and then it cuts.

I think today, being a day of tickets sale, they just don't answer the phone. Anyway I'll try again, later today or tomorrow.

To anyone who got tickets for Barca1 in the presale, is your code still displayed when you log in to u2.com?

I can still use my code it seems?
I still get the emails from u2.com about the presales
I have my Barca1 tickets in hand

If i was to use it for zagreb2 tomorrow what would be the worse thing that could happen:hmm::shifty:

I think 3x100.000 in the same city is a bit too much to ask for. According to U2.com even Milan and London haven't sold out their 2nd gig yet and you would think those cities shouldn't be a problem for U2 even in the current economic climate. On the other hand I'm actually surprised Paris already sold out 2x, but I think it has for an important part to do with the fact that Belgium got no date this year.

The U2 show in London potentially has a capacity of up to 105,000. Selling out two shows at that capacity is the same as selling out 3 shows at the old Wembley stadium with the conventional stage set up. The largest attendance U2 ever had in London was for ZOO TV 1993. They soldout 3 shows at the 72,000 capacity Wembley stadium, but the fourth show only sold about 40,000 tickets. In addition, tickets back then were only 25 pounds. The average ticket price today is nearly 3 times that.

So the business U2 has done in London has been fantastic, although not as impressive as Barcelona. Barcelona could potentially have a capacity of 115,000 for each show at the Camp Nou. The Pope did mass there to 120,000!

The band have 24 shows scheduled in Europe just on this leg now with the addition of the 2nd Zagreb Croatia show. They said they would do up to 25 shows on the first leg in Europe. I'd say a 4th Croke Park would be more likely than a 3rd Barcelona. Another possibility would be to do a show in southern France like Marsille on their way to Milan from Barcelona.

I am also impressed with the sales figures, but my point is that the 2nd Barcelona show won't sell out quickly considering the fact that London II has not sold out yet. So I don't expect an announcement at all for Barca III. Three times 100.000+ is too much IMO. Then again maybe they'll make more profit with 50.000 in Nou Camp for the 3rd gig than doing a gig in Sevilla or Marseille?

I guess the most important question is: will they add a 25th show at all?

To anyone who got tickets for Barca1 in the presale, is your code still displayed when you log in to u2.com?

my code is still on U2.com. i still get emails from U2.com about presales. i have not received a response to any of the three emails i have sent to three different email addresses with ticketmaster spain in the last week and a half.

i'm about to just say screw it and buy tickets on ebay. at least they will ship them to me.

Same here. You should decide yourself what to do. No one knows for sure if they'll block your tickets for Zagreb II or Barca I if you decide to use your code for 2 different shows in Europe.

I didn't take the risk for Barca II.

Just because you have your tickets in hand doesn't mean the barcode will be valid when you get to the stadium....

James, I'd say give it time. I only got one response, and nothing has been resolved, but if you look at your account the tickets are still there, the charge is still on the credit card....it'll work out.

Back
Top Bottom