Barcelona PRE-SALE/General Sale - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they cancel your order I would immediately contact one of the Mods at u2.com to see if they can help you. It can't hurt.

I have a feeling that there are probably MANY people who didn't notice the shipping quirk. When the adrenaline is pumping and it's 3 am, it was very easy to assume "UPS International Shipping" actually means "UPS INTERNATIONAL Shipping" and not "UPS Inter-EU Shipping". The ridiculous thing is that the cost to ship from Spain to Canada is approximately the same 40 Euros (it was 43 Euros according to the UPS site) - you would think companies dealing with events that draw international cutomers would have better procedures to deal with international orders. I would HOPE that the worst case scenario is just a pick up at Camp Nou - but sh!t am I stressed out.

Weird, I managed to get 4 GA around 10am. Maybe I got very, very lucky and snagged the last few! :ohmy:

I find it weird to, but not disappointing. At the end we could get very good places and we are quite happy with them....anyway i hope you'll enjoy your Spanish experience, I'm sure it's going to be an incredible night!!! I can't wait!!!!!

If someone is interested:
Bid to access (RED) Zone Auction Packages in Barcelona

U2 360 (RED) Zone Experience Packages

U2 360 (RED) Zone Experience Auctions
en-es
Experience U2 360 in style in the (RED) Zones. The (RED) Zones, located on the field, directly adjacent to the stage runways, is THE place to see, and be seen at the 2009 concert event of the year - U2 360! (RED) Zone Packages are only available by Auction and all non-ticket elements are provided by Live Nation. A portion of the proceeds will be given in support of the global fund to fight in AIDS in Africa.
Packages include:
Special VIP entrance and greeting by (RED) Zone Hosts
Access to the (RED) Zones - high profile general admission areas on the field adjacent to the stage runways
Access to a special concession & merchandise stand
Built-in seating for pre-show comfort
(RED) Zone Backstage Tour winners also receive a pre-show backstage tour!
Ticket categories are Bid Group 1: (RED) Zone Backstage Tour Experience; and Bid Group 2: (RED) Zone Experience

The auction starting bid is EUR95. Increasing the bid: You must raise your bid by at least EUR5. You can see the minimum bid per ticket to the right of the description of the ticket groups. Maximum number of tickets: 4 per bid per person.

Auction Details
Auction StartAuction End

24 march, 12:00
30 march, 12:00

If they cancel your order I would immediately contact one of the Mods at u2.com to see if they can help you. It can't hurt.

I have emailed as well. I even used some spanish in my email. hopefully it makes sense.

what i hope is that there is a difference between "we will have to cancel your shipment" and "we will have to cancel your order".

skoobz... what email address did you send to? i used barcelona@ticketmaster.es

I have emailed as well. I even used some spanish in my email. hopefully it makes sense.

what i hope is that there is a difference between "we will have to cancel your shipment" and "we will have to cancel your order".

I can't remember and don't have it on this computer but it was either that one or a "central" customer service email. The email I got back from them was from an employee's specific email address at ticktackticket.com.

I feel sick. Still.

If someone is interested:
Bid to access (RED) Zone Auction Packages in Barcelona

U2 360 (RED) Zone Experience Packages

U2 360 (RED) Zone Experience Auctions
en-es
Experience U2 360 in style in the (RED) Zones. The (RED) Zones, located on the field, directly adjacent to the stage runways, is THE place to see, and be seen at the 2009 concert event of the year - U2 360! (RED) Zone Packages are only available by Auction and all non-ticket elements are provided by Live Nation. A portion of the proceeds will be given in support of the global fund to fight in AIDS in Africa.
Packages include:
Special VIP entrance and greeting by (RED) Zone Hosts
Access to the (RED) Zones - high profile general admission areas on the field adjacent to the stage runways
Access to a special concession & merchandise stand
Built-in seating for pre-show comfort
(RED) Zone Backstage Tour winners also receive a pre-show backstage tour!
Ticket categories are Bid Group 1: (RED) Zone Backstage Tour Experience; and Bid Group 2: (RED) Zone Experience

The auction starting bid is EUR95. Increasing the bid: You must raise your bid by at least EUR5. You can see the minimum bid per ticket to the right of the description of the ticket groups. Maximum number of tickets: 4 per bid per person.

Auction Details
Auction StartAuction End

24 march, 12:00
30 march, 12:00

These auctions are only open to people in country.

Was the email you got in English or Spanish? Have you checked the status of your orders to see if the shipping method has changed in it?

If it said they'd cancel your shipment I would interpret that to mean they'd change it to Willcall.

I emailed them in English and received a reply in perfect English. Order status is unchanged - says tickets have been purchased but the delivery method remains the same. At this point, I'd do a happy dance if it was even changed to willcall. :crack:

I'd make sure to mention in the email to please change the delivery method to Willcall. Did they charge your cc already?

The information page says "Your tickets have been purchased" but it hasn't been posted to my credit card yet. :crack:

I'd make sure to mention in the email to please change the delivery method to Willcall. Did they charge your cc already?

i haven't received a response yet to my email. but i didn't request to not have my order cancelled, i requested only to know where i could pick them in barcelona instead.

my account on their website also says the tickest have been purchased. and i still have a 40euro charge for shipping listed. though i used a debit card and it hasn't shown up in my account yet. though mcdonalds takes a week to show up too so i'm not real worried about that yet.

i was really trying to avoid using eventtravels this time around...

what frustrates me is that i consider myself a pretty intelligent person and i even paused for a few seconds on the "how do you want to receive your tickets" page to make sure i was choosing the best option and - maybe i just totally missed it - but i don't recall ever seeing the specific list of countries they ship to until i was on the "purchase confirmed" page. i think the only options i had were in-person pick-up or UPS international. i don't even think i had an e-ticket option.

i haven't received a response yet to my email. but i didn't request to not have my order cancelled, i requested only to know where i could pick them in barcelona instead.

my account on their website also says the tickest have been purchased. and i still have a 40euro charge for shipping listed. though i used a debit card and it hasn't shown up in my account yet. though mcdonalds takes a week to show up too so i'm not real worried about that yet.

The list of countries was there when you had to choose what type of delivery you wanted. I posted about it the day of the presale when some people were complaining about the 40euro charge for UPS delivery to the US.

I didn't see the US included in the list of countries where they would do the International Delivery anyway.

Bit concerned here. Why does my presale access code still display on my 'tour' page ?
Should it not be 'access code used' ?:huh:

Anyone elses still displaying?

This was easy. Straight in with Boots code at 9.00 and 4 GA and confirmation e-mail by 9.02. Big thumbs up to the band for the presales this time around!

My creditcard has been charged with €290 for my order.

as of this morning i have a $224 USD charge on my checking account from barcelona ticketmaster (tick tack tickets). that amount would include the 40euro charge for the UPS shipping. i guess that's just a lost amount. oh, well. but at least they charged me so hopefully that's a good sign.

oddly enough, there is a separate $2.25 USD charge from them as well. i have no idea what that is for. anybody else get an additional small charge?

I got another email from them today - they are shipping my tickets to my friend in Wales! Sounds like this might all shake down right and we can all laugh about it over a beer or eight in Barcelona!!!

I didn't notice it either and emailed them Saturday morning. I heard from them today and they WILL NOT ship outside of the EU. Period. The email I got said "if St. Albert ,CA is out outside of Europe, we will have to cancel your shipment". I asked if they would let me give them a friend's address in Wales or if they will switch it so I can pick up the tix at Camp Nou the day of the show. I await their reply with a sick feeling in my stomach - I don't have a good feeling about this.

I am basically in the exact same boat, except they haven't even replied to my email at all (sent Sunday evening). Which email address did you use? I used the generic customer service one. I think we will be calling them Wednesday, though hopefully the CS line won't be overwhelmed seeing as that is when general sales occur. Fortunately the charge still appears on the CC statement.

Furthermore we have GA tickets so willcall "from 2 hours before the show" is gonna cause problems with our plans to camp out and be in front. I hope they can/will change it to Ticket Centre pickup (As opposed to Kiosks, which will only work until 72 hours from the show, when we won't be in Barcelona. Hence why I chose shipping, though I was rushing because my order kept timing out do to ticketmaster's 1:15 limit and slow load times.)

I got another email from them today - they are shipping my tickets to my friend in Wales! Sounds like this might all shake down right and we can all laugh about it over a beer or eight in Barcelona!!!

THANK GOD. Still no response to my email, but this is great news, as I am in Switzerland and it's just my tour buddy's CC with the billing address in the US, and the bastards wouldn't ship to a different address than billing....

ok I'm breathing again.

Also I'm pretty sure the 2.25 charge would be a 1% charge for international credit card orders. Pretty good, as some charge as much as 3% (Bank of Assholes) but that Capital One card is actually good for something besides awful viking commercials.

I had a group of about 6 friends all trying for GAs, only one succeeded, got 2. We were not looking for other types of tickets because we want to be all together.

I'm travelling for work and in an hotel room with a pretty slow connection, so I figured I probably wouldn't succeed. Despite getting in right away with less than 1 minute waiting time there was no GAs available.

There are 13 of us going :lol: We have 9 GAs so far, only 4 left to find :wink:

Back
Top Bottom