band entrance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a suspicion that there is something we are yet to find out about the architecture of the claw relating to band entrances for the start / encores of the show.

....or just bring back the lemon!!

Entrance

There will be no claw before the show... only a stage.

Then, like the Wild, Wild West (Will Smith movie), the claw will climb in over the sides of the stadium....

... or fly in somehow.

How's that for creative? :wave:

God will reach down from heaven with his giant hand and carefully place them all onstage.

:lol:

That will be the best entrance of anyone. Ever.

Seriously, I'm curious about that as well. I know there will be bridges for the band to walk in and out, but what about the stadiums where the stage will be more in the center? Are they going to dig a tunnel to crawl to the stage or what?

I heard that they blew the entire budget on the claw and will be driving mopeds to the stage

Bono was thinking of this during the zoo tv tour, he wanted to be lifted up and would sing "wake up dead man".You can read about it in the book : stay so faraway so close from BP Fallon. maybe now it's actually possible to do so in a comfortably way.
Who knows?

They hadn't actually recorded "Wake Up Dead Man" at that point, though I know they had some early sketches of that song back then...:hmm:

4 teleportation machines a la "Star Trek" FTMFW!
cybot.gif

Could this be how it opens?

My friend just saw Britney Spears a couple nights ago. She sent me a youtube video of the opening of the show. Then it hit me. What if U2 did something similar? The round screen slowly lifts up and reveals our boys...:applaud:

YouTube - Perez Hilton video open

This is exactly how they are opening the show Perez Hilton is going to dress as The Fly, Britney will lip sych Get On Your Boots, and then the band kicks in...

I was told this was being kept under wraps.

Well I hope they end it with the screen coming down on them, not too hard though. Was pretty cool at the peter gabriel show in '03.

Back
Top Bottom