Attending Concert whilst Pregnant??!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WASTID

The Fly
Just tried to post this but it seemed to vanish!!! :-(

I've got General Admission tickets for the gig at Hampden Park in Glasgow for my wife and I to attend in August.

Since buying the tickets though we've had the great news that she is pregnant with our first child.

Problem however now is that come the Gig she will be 6 months pregnant, so we've got the dilemma of whether to still attend or not given that standing for the whole concert is likely to be a bit of a problem.

I've just sent an email to Hampden Park enquiring whether there will be any spare seats set aside for GA ticket holders for special circumstances, so hopefully a positive response will come from that as we do still want to attend (i noticed that some stadium plans show some seated areas as being available to GA Ticket holders)

Anyone got any advice? Anyone attended a Gig whilst pregnant or with their wife whilst pregnant? She still wants to go as has only ever seen U2 live once and this is likely to be the last chance in a while so we're hoping that we will get a positive response from the venue regarding seats. Luckily (or selfishly maybe!) for me I'm also going to Sheffield with a few mates so won't be as bad for me to miss it, but would be gutted for her.

Thanks

I would trade the GA tix for good seats.
You might inform about a spot in the area for disabled people. Here in Holland that's usually an area where people are not pushing.
Good luck and enjoy.

Just tried to post this but it seemed to vanish!!! :-(

I've got General Admission tickets for the gig at Hampden Park in Glasgow for my wife and I to attend in August.

Since buying the tickets though we've had the great news that she is pregnant with our first child.

Problem however now is that come the Gig she will be 6 months pregnant, so we've got the dilemma of whether to still attend or not given that standing for the whole concert is likely to be a bit of a problem.

I've just sent an email to Hampden Park enquiring whether there will be any spare seats set aside for GA ticket holders for special circumstances, so hopefully a positive response will come from that as we do still want to attend (i noticed that some stadium plans show some seated areas as being available to GA Ticket holders)

Anyone got any advice? Anyone attended a Gig whilst pregnant or with their wife whilst pregnant? She still wants to go as has only ever seen U2 live once and this is likely to be the last chance in a while so we're hoping that we will get a positive response from the venue regarding seats. Luckily (or selfishly maybe!) for me I'm also going to Sheffield with a few mates so won't be as bad for me to miss it, but would be gutted for her.

Thanks

If the stadium doesn't have seats you can use in GA you might want to consider trading your GA tickets for tickets for seats. There is an area (somewhere) in this forum that you can post a trade offer. Something to keep in mind anyway.

And congratulations!

You can go to the What do you have/What do you want section of this forum. :) Make a trade there, or perhaps you can buy seats for the gig and sell your GA's?

Congratulations on the great news. But I would agree with others in the thread in advising you to get your hands on seated tickets if possible. Just don't take any risks, as your wife's health is more important than a concert.

Congratulations on the great news. But I would agree with others in the thread in advising you to get your hands on seated tickets if possible. Just don't take any risks, as your wife's health is more important than a concert.

thanks for the replies everyone.

I have checked to see what sort of prices the seats are with a reasonable view and it was more than we really wanted to pay, especially so now we're preparing for a little'un.

Don't particularly fancy being stuck in the seats right down the other end of the stadium to the stage either, but if we've got no other option then we'll have to look to trade the tickets I suppose.

Thanks for the comments though everyone (and the link to the other thread - i would've searched, but limited net use at work so was in a hurry!!)

thanks for the replies everyone.

I have checked to see what sort of prices the seats are with a reasonable view and it was more than we really wanted to pay, especially so now we're preparing for a little'un.

Don't particularly fancy being stuck in the seats right down the other end of the stadium to the stage either, but if we've got no other option then we'll have to look to trade the tickets I suppose.

Thanks for the comments though everyone (and the link to the other thread - i would've searched, but limited net use at work so was in a hurry!!)

you know, not to give you bad advice, but my wife just had our baby about a month ago, and i will say, she was probably feeling her best at around 6 months. as long as you don't try to really push up front, you should be fine. also, if you tell people around you that you're pregnant, people will respect it.

Congrats...

One thing to consider:

At 6 months the fetus has fully developed it's ears, hearing functions, and fingers; so there is a chance that when delivered your child will be waving a peace sign and screaming "no more" and hoping everyone will chant back. So keep that in mind.

Proven fact...

Congrats...

One thing to consider:

At 6 months the fetus has fully developed it's ears, hearing functions, and fingers; so there is a chance that when delivered your child will be waving a peace sign and screaming "no more" and hoping everyone will chant back. So keep that in mind.

Proven fact...

haha! :applaud:

funny thing is, when NLOTH leaked, my wife was 8-9 months pregnant, and we played it to her belly with my ipod headphones. now that my baby is born, she'll actually fall asleep to this album. and she likes the lyrics.

you know, not to give you bad advice, but my wife just had our baby about a month ago, and i will say, she was probably feeling her best at around 6 months. as long as you don't try to really push up front, you should be fine. also, if you tell people around you that you're pregnant, people will respect it.

If we do end up attending with the GA Tickets then we'd be more than happy to stay well clear of the masses. If we got to stand further back then so be it. We're just hoping that there will be a few GA seats assigned that could be used for rest really.

Congratulations!

I will open another thread: Who got pregnant on the day of a U2 show?

By the way my kids were born in 2006 and 2008, well timed :applaud::wave::D

I was 7 months preggo at the time of the Elevation tour and was glad I had seats.
But I was miserable pregnent lady as opposed to happy, glowing pregnent lady. Some girls handle the expierence totally different than others.

Hope you have fun. My son is 7 1/2 now and loves U2.

Congrats...

One thing to consider:

Proven fact...
:applaud:

My daughter found out she is pregnant a few weeks after we bought our GA tickets to Chicago. She's awaiting her doctor's word on whether or not the music will be too loud. Short of wrapping her in cotton, I think she'll have to wait until the next leg to see U2. Of course Grandma (me!) is going regardless.:reject:
I don't think GA would be good no matter how well the pregnancy is going. If I recall correctly, the sixth or seventh month is when the bathroom breaks become a lot more frequent.

Congratulations!

Birdlover

it would probably be a good thing for us to get seats when I think about it.

I'm in Manchester the night before for Pearl Jam, then will have Glasgow U2 and Sheffield U2 on the Tuesday and Thursday of the week. All GA Tickets.

Congrats...

One thing to consider:

Proven fact...

That would be one cool baby:applaud:

My wife was 7 months pregnant when we attended a show on the Vertigo tour. We were on the floor... found a nice barricade we could lean up against with a good vantage of the stage and my wife had a great time. Granted it was a smaller venue, so there wasn't a bad view on the floor but it was a matter of not having to deal with tight areas. Of course, no two pregnancies are alike, so it's a matter of knowing whether or not you can be on your feet. Congrats!

update.

I received a call from the General Manager at Hampden Park, congratulating me on the news, and explained that there would be some spare seats left for GA holders to use if and when required during the day so we would be fine to use them if needing to.

Very helpful guy.

So we'll just head there with the GA tickets we've got and enjoy the show from wherever is most comfortable - doesn't matter about too much about the view as its safety first!

Thanks all for the replies.

update.

I received a call from the General Manager at Hampden Park, congratulating me on the news, and explained that there would be some spare seats left for GA holders to use if and when required during the day so we would be fine to use them if needing to.

Very helpful guy.

So we'll just head there with the GA tickets we've got and enjoy the show from wherever is most comfortable - doesn't matter about too much about the view as its safety first!

Excellent news! Enjoy the show!

update.

Very helpful guy.

wow. that's a good customer service story if i've ever heard one. at least you know now that no matter what, you'll be able to enjoy the show and not have to worry.

Of course it's fine. You could possibly be the 3rd pregnant woman! :hyper:

U2tours.com - concert details
October 12, 2001 / Montreal PQ, Canada
Venue: Molson Centre
Bono brings a pregnant fan up on stage tonight and kisses her belly when she lifts her shirt to show him.

U2tours.com - concert details
October 03, 2005 / Boston, MA
Venue: TD Banknorth Garden
Bono brings a pregnant woman on stage to dance with him during Elevation, and another girl on stage for With or Without You.

update.

Very helpful guy.

Wow that's some great customer service! :up: Enjoy the show!

Not all the GA is a crush, If she's still up for standing, there's plenty of room further back

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom