Are the £30/$30 tickets any good? UK/US Ticket Pricing Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bugo

Acrobat
I'm just wondering if the cheapest seat tickets are any good (£30ish), where abouts are they in the stadiums generally? Are they less expensive for a reason? I've got 4 croke park tickets in the pre-sale and the general sale is on Friday - I'm considering getting a couple of Glasgow tickets if possible and if the cheapest option has some decent seating then it'd be less harmful for my wallet!

What do you consider "good"?

If by "good" you mean you get to see a great live band then, yes...

If by "good" you mean close enough for Bono to sweat on you then, no...

I thought those were the 'behind the stage' tickets.. which Bono actually said himself that they were good.

I heard they are the nosebleed seats

Compared to being in an arena pretty much every seat is a nosebleed. The cheapest seats will be the ones behind the stage and at the far end in front of the stage. Whether that is worth the price is up to the individual. The ones behind the stage will probably be the better of the 2 options.

We'll just have to wait and hear the reviews of those who get those seats

Compared to being in an arena pretty much every seat is a nosebleed. The cheapest seats will be the ones behind the stage and at the far end in front of the stage. Whether that is worth the price is up to the individual. The ones behind the stage will probably be the better of the 2 options.

where's behind the stage - thought it was 360?

I'm just wondering if the cheapest seat tickets are any good (£30ish), where abouts are they in the stadiums generally? Are they less expensive for a reason? I've got 4 croke park tickets in the pre-sale and the general sale is on Friday - I'm considering getting a couple of Glasgow tickets if possible and if the cheapest option has some decent seating then it'd be less harmful for my wallet!

If the seats are at the back of the opposite end from the stage, then you will be miles away. The way the two stands behind the goals are designed are shocking. They are a very slow incline which makes it even further away!

I was there on Sunday for the cup final!

Im hoping for the £30 behind-the-stage seats. Problem is, since the £30 ones go all the way around the circumference of the stadium, how are you supposed to pick where you sit? :huh:

I have a horrible feeling Ill be clicking "£30 - best availible" and it keeps going to the opposite end. :|

Im hoping for the £30 behind-the-stage seats. Problem is, since the £30 ones go all the way around the circumference of the stadium, how are you supposed to pick where you sit? :huh:

I have a horrible feeling Ill be clicking "£30 - best availible" and it keeps going to the opposite end. :|

If they are the only ones you're offered then I think you can safely assume that the ones behind the stage are gone.

And it's not ALL the upper tier that are £30. I searched for some £85 tickets for Wembley in the presale this morning and was offered some in the 500 sections in the upper tier at the sides.

San Siro didn't have any of the cheapest seats behind the stage on the seating chart. While rear stage seats may have it's benefits, the ones high up are a very sharp angle in many venues and best for viewing Bono's bald spot.

If it helps I bought the £30 tickets at Wembley (at all other gigs I have been to on Elevation and Vertigo tours I have been up the front, but this time I am going with friends who have suffered in the credit crunch and would like to make gifts of the tickets to them, which rules out the more expensive ones).

The only tickets which came up when I selected "Best available" were in block 504 row 18 (stage left at the side but closer to the back of the stadium and in the top tier).

I looked at £60 tickets too, which were still in the top tier, but directly next to the stage, stage right.

£85 tickets were lower rows, but still in the upper tier.

From what I could see, the £150 tickets covered not only the entire lower tier 1, but also the mid tier 2 - which surprised me as there must be loads of £150 seats.

If the £60 seats had been mid-level I might have considered them, but for double the price of what I paid and still to be in the top tier, it didn't seem worth it (although if I were going on my own I might have done it!).

I would prob have gone GA, but as the Wembley gig is on a Friday it will be tricky to get there early enough to get a good place due to my work (not much holiday left this year), and also one of my friends is disabled, and so seating was the only real option this time.

In a way I am quite looking forward to seeing an entire stadium of people out in front of me, like some of the camera angles at Popmart Mexico which took my breath away (like the pulsing lighters during NYD).

However, I am a little worried about something - on the Ticketmaster website, the diagram of the stage showed that my seats were more front on to the stage than to the side, and that the closest support arm of the Claw was not in the way. Unfortunately, after booking my tickets, I went to the U2.com diagram, which is different, and shows that the arm is pretty much directly in between me and the stage.

Do you think it will be small enough that it doesn't completely block the view?

I know Bono and other members will prob move around, but it would be good to see enough of stage centre (and the video screens) when they are not. I know it is U2360, but there still have to be supporting arms for the Claw, and I am wondering how thick they will be. :|

Are the U2.com diagrams accurate, as if you look at different stadium diagrams, some show the claw to be more square in shape, and others to be more rectangular - presumably they won't change the shape of it for each show?

Can anyone shed any more light on this for me?

If/when U2 come back to Europe next year I will get GAs or splash out on premium tix and get closer to the stage. I will be flying out of the country on 15 August this year, so won't be able to make Wembley 2 if they announce it.... Guess I should feel lucky that I can make the first date - still really looking forward to it. I saw U2 on the rooftop at the BBC recently and they were brilliant! :applaud:

teralin: thanks for your informative post!

I am coming back down to London with my girlfriend and her two younger siblings - you have given good information. I can't believe £150 tickets basically comprise about half the seats! Will have to be 30s or 60s I think (though as you say, doesn't seem worth the £30 increase to sit in the same place as the £30). I had thought about GA, but the queuing could be problematic.

So that 504 was the nearest you could get? :huh: Where there any £30/£60 behind the stage ones?

Yeah, though that was in Horizon pre-sale. It is possible that in the public sale more will become available in other areas.... I couldn't get anything other than 504 when I was searching for £30.

Nothing ever came up behind the stage.

I hope next time in the presale that the technology exists for fans in the presale to choose any seat within their price band instead of arbitrarily restricting you to a particular section. I guess that is a problem for Ticketmaster, not the band or management though.

teralin: thanks for your informative post!

I am coming back down to London with my girlfriend and her two younger siblings - you have given good information. I can't believe £150 tickets basically comprise about half the seats! Will have to be 30s or 60s I think (though as you say, doesn't seem worth the £30 increase to sit in the same place as the £30). I had thought about GA, but the queuing could be problematic.

No problems - good luck with the tickets. As I said in my previous post, perhaps different (and ironically, better) seats may become available in the public sale. I can't categorically say that all mid/lower level seats are £150, but that is all I was offered.

About the £60 tickets - they are better in the sense that although you are still in the 3rd level, you are adjacent to the stage, and a fair bit closer overall. See what you can get..... Good luck :up:

Anyone try the cheap seats yet?

If another Chicago show is added for Friday or Monday, I want to go. I am wondering if anyone has tried the $30 seats, and I wonder what kinds of seats those might be.

Please reply here or re-direct me to an existing discussion.

Thanks in advance.

A

If another Chicago show is added for Friday or Monday, I want to go. I am wondering if anyone has tried the $30 seats, and I wonder what kinds of seats those might be.

Please reply here or re-direct me to an existing discussion.

Thanks in advance.

A

Not sure if its the same as the UK but most likely $30 tickets will be the highest tier in the stadium, and/or behind the stage.

I would love to hear from anyone who bought cheap seats for a US show.

Check out the thread for the Rose Bowl, and you will see that those of us that have done a price comparison for the $250 tickets vs. the $30 tickets have discovered that the $250 tickets seem to not be worth the incredible markup between the two price points.

From the Sheffield box office seating chart Don Valley - Block 7(£30) - Block 6(£85) - Block5 (£150). 1 Block away 5 times more expensive. Doesn't make a great deal of sense but I'm happy

I just scored two VERY DECENT (Side stage, section 441, row 2) seats for the second Chicago show at the $30 price. For some reason, my U2.com password was not working for more than two, and I ended up getting a second pair for that night at the $95 level on one of the "other" presales that seem comparable or even worse.

I've been collecting £30 / $30 / €30 tix during the last few days. Some are proper binocular seats. Some are cloud seats.

But it's suit me and my budget better to do this than fork out £250 for a lower down / closer seat at one show.

I'll keep youse informed how big as a proportion of my thumb Bono is from my spot in each stadium.

Back
Top Bottom