Anyone get anything from the band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I NEED a pick so badly lol. Very jealous. What was the experience like, Beershack? Did no one wait around near the stage and you just went up to him after and he handed some out? I need some sort of strategy when I see them next lol.

The strategy that worked for me is apparently NOT to have a strategy. Or to not ask for a pick.

The two times I got a pick from Dallas (in 2001 and just last weekend in Raleigh), I wasn't even asking him for it.

In 2001 outside the Wachovia Arena in Philly I saw Dallas came out of the ramp, and I called him over and told him, "I just wanted to see if you can tell the band to have a good show out there tonight". And he said sure, he'll pass that along. He went inside one of the trucks and emerged later, made a beeline towards me and handed me a pick before he got mobbed by other fans asking him for one. :heart:

In Jersey, I was hellbent on trying to get a pick because that was gonna be my last GA for this year. I even made a sign that said, "Pick or Stick Pls?" I got a laugh out of Sam, but not even a wink from Dallas. I was standing on Adam's side though, so he probably didn't even see me with the sign.

In Raleigh I was milling around on the ramp with my friend, and Dallas came outside. He spoke to some people, and was about to lead them inside (for a tour maybe? because they looked like they had those day passes) when I called out to him. I asked if he had time to say hi, and he said sure, and walked over. I shook his hand and I told him I still remember his kindness on that day in 2001. He was humbled by that. So my friend and I chatted with him a bit, including him asking us what shows we'd been to, and then telling us, "There's a new song tonight!!". It turned out he was referring to In A Little While.
But after that he thanked me for calling him over, and then discreetly said, "By the way, I think you dropped these...", and when I looked down, he put a pick in each our hands... :love:

Personally I never got a nod or wink out of Dallas when he's inside doing soundchecks or even after the show. Inside, he's all business. But the two times I was lucky enough to catch him outside, he made me feel as if he had all the attention and time in the world for me.

Last edited:
The strategy that worked for me is apparently NOT to have a strategy. Or to not ask for a pick.

Exactly. In Boston I was just standing there smiling, watching Dallas walk by, didn't say a word to him, and he looked at me threw me the pic and luckily I caught it. He smiled when he saw me catch it. I love that it already says 2010 on it.

pic2.jpg

Pic1.jpg

Here is a pick given to me by Bono's guitar tech in Raleigh. It's from Philip Docherty.....Looks like it's been used a bit. Two were thrown at me. I managed to drop one and someone else grabbed it. Looks a bit different than the Vertigo one I have. I'm not gonna lie, I asked him for it at the end of the show while he was packing up. I'm not as pretty as some of the ladies in the audience. I've got a really loud voice so he heard me yell....and I did a dramatic "Please".

These are the real pics that are used on Bono's guitar. The tour pics aren't used on the instruments but are also cool-ass to have.

8223_294252715446_512545446_9107460_615639_n.jpg

http://twitgoo.com/3amf6

Here is the one I got from Dallas. I have seen Edge and Adam using this blue pick.

Edge and Adam using the blue. Bono using the green?

Yes Edge and Adam both use the same Blue Herdims. Though about Bono's pick, I"m not too sure. As far as I know he used red herdims on Elevation and Vertigo, but I've seen yellow ones as well. So now it's Green?

I had the most amazing time in Tampa and I got one of the on stage setlists, which I believe was either Adam's or Larry's. I had a sign to try n get on stage to play bass for NYD but they didn't play it. I called out to Stuart before the show telling him he rocked and he saw my sign n smiled. A friend had a sharpie so on the back of that sign I wrote "you're my bass idol" and Adam saw it most of the night, giving me many grins and even a wink. At the end he saw it and had a big smile and pointed at it. Using anothe sign I wrote "Stuart setlist please?" and I held it up when they were tearing down. He saw it, put down what he had in his hands, and got a setlist from the stage and went in front of me. 10 fans saw and tried to get it but he called a security guard over and told him "please give this to that gentleman there" and he pointed at me. I thanked him so much and it made my night :)

Exactly. In Boston I was just standing there smiling, watching Dallas walk by, didn't say a word to him, and he looked at me threw me the pic and luckily I caught it. He smiled when he saw me catch it. I love that it already says 2010 on it.

pic2.jpg

Pic1.jpg

Those are cool. I don't think that anyone in the band uses them they are more of a memorabilia thing that they give out. The blue one's are the one's that Edge and Adam (Bono too, me thinks) use.

You guys have some awesome stuff. :drool:
I got a pick from Dallas in Hawaii (Vertigo). I was leaning over at the rail, stretching, and he asked, "are you okay?" and when I affirmed, he went, "do you want this?", holding a black Music Rising pick. Uh, YES, I did. /another non-strategy that worked

I guess I wont get another opportunity now that they arent coming back to New England. :sad: :down::down: Hopefully this isnt their last tour.

This gets me excited, i wish i could get a setlist or pick, but i assume all of you who got these were front row up against the band though right?

I got the same pick Ramblin Rose posted at the Rose Bowl - I was on the rail in the Red Zone, literally turned around talking to the woman behind me (didn't even see that Dallas was walking by), when Dallas walked by and threw one down - the security guard picked it up and handed it to me! (I had been chatting it up with the security guard prior to this, so he gave it me over the other people clammoring for it!:cute:)

Tour Intineraries..have all the hotels, flights, adresses, phone numbers etc. in them.

How bizarre - someone gave you those? I wouldn't think they'd want that sort of info floating around.

Use your new knowledge and power only for good! :wink:

I have wanted a pick..
Set list..
I was handed one after Vegas Elevation, and had no idea it was a keeper. So I still have that, but have no idea who it was that gave it to me. He just said "you look like a real U2 fan" and handed me a set-list after the show.

Must of been the "War" t-shirt I was wearing. It is the real thing and from the 83 tour in Seattle.

Last edited:
Bono gave me a kiss outside the Somerville Theater in March '09.
I can't ask for a better piece of memorabelia. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom