Anyone else surprised by the amount of tickets needing new owners?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well its not really hard for the latest "big band" to be popular on radio is it? lets see if they maintain it into their next album, i mean their attitude is already crap and pretty much slagged off the reading and leeds festival "dont you know we are the kings of leon",

I agree, KOL are the newest big band. I actually do like their current album; I know nothing about them though. That sucks that they have a bad attitude.

I dont know, should we be expecting U2 to be competing with these guys who get a whole lot more radio play? If we are talking about a current popularity contest, a band like KOL might win. They have alot of buzz now.
I do believe U2 had more buzz going on during the Elevation & Vertigo tours.

I still don't understand their decision to sell the Cat 1 seats at $250 and above. In a stadium, these seats are further away from the stage than the Cat 1 seats in the arena. I think in the last tour I paid $160 for first row seat. Vertigo's Cat 2 seats sold for $95 as well.

Yep. I don't understand the pricing structure either, especially for the reason you mentioned -- Cat 1 seats in an arena during Vertigo were easily $100 cheaper than the Cat 1 seats during 360, and significantly closer too. You would think that stadium shows would produce cheaper seats, but what do I know.

Have you seen the seat locations charged for $250 and $95?? Most of them suck! Especially in popular venues like NJ and Chicago. And then even if you paid $250 for a seat, there's a possibility that your view is obstructed by one of the claws. I paid top seat in Dublin, and had the bad luck of having one of these seats. I couldn't see Larry at all during the entire concert. :angry: And The Edge spent most of his time behind the claw too. :mad:

That's why I like the arena shows 1000x more...

That's my one fear about the show :angry: For $252 the view should be amazing. I expect a crappy view on 9/20, but will be pissed if my lower level seats on 9/21 provide an obstructed view. I personally prefer arena shows too. :hmm: It must be old age.

I do believe U2 had more buzz going on during the Elevation & Vertigo tours.

You are correct!

It's a shame when the band that once opened for you eclipses you. But U2 did that to the J.Geils band.

What goes around...

6th post!!!!!

24 hours after a GA ticket drop for Foxboro 2, there are still tickets available. 4 years ago, that would not have happened. I think it has a lot to do with the economy.

I would hardly say the KOL have "eclipsed" U2, that is such a pathetic statement its untrue, lets see where they are after the next album etc etc,

as for there being no buzz, as i said there was plenty of buzz when they where here touring, and i am sure there will be when they go the states again, i mean look at when they where doing promo work for NLOTH there was a huge buzz about the band,

And then even if you paid $250 for a seat, there's a possibility that your view is obstructed by one of the claws. I paid top seat in Dublin, and had the bad luck of having one of these seats. I couldn't see Larry at all during the entire concert. :angry: And The Edge spent most of his time behind the claw too. :mad:

That's why I like the arena shows 1000x more...

Why didn't you go to the relocating booth? I had the same problem in Dublin 2 and they changed my seat for a much better one, I was on the first row just in front of The Edge, it was like being in GA, but with the extra espace of a seat.

Why didn't you go to the relocating booth? I had the same problem in Dublin 2 and they changed my seat for a much better one, I was on the first row just in front of The Edge, it was like being in GA, but with the extra espace of a seat.

Woah wait a minute:|

Are you saying that if I have two seated tickets for 9/13 & see better seats I can "relocate" or only if my view is obstructed:huh:

Woah wait a minute:|

Are you saying that if I have two seated tickets for 9/13 & see better seats I can "relocate" or only if my view is obstructed:huh:

If your view is obstructed you must tell one of the personnel in charge of the tier, this person sings your ticket and then they offer you a better seat in one of the relocating booths the band have in the stadium, at least that's how it worked in Dublin, they told me that they sold the tickets using a digital model of the claw, but that a very tiny variation in the position of the centre of the claw can affect the vision of some seats, I was very happy, it was quick and they gave me almost VIP seats, the two bottom lower rows were reserved for this purpose.

You are correct!

It's a shame when the band that once opened for you eclipses you. But U2 did that to the J.Geils band.

What goes around...

6th post!!!!!

Yep, pretty soon you will be hitting 5000!!! Bwhaha!

I actually wasnt impressed with KOL when they opened for them...I seriously thought "huh, are these guys supposed to be good?" LOL As I said before, I dont know much about them (i usually do some bio investigating when Im really digging a band, but i havent done that yet w. these guys...) and I do like what they have out now. I think they have put together something good in this current album. Yet I dont think I would say that they have eclipsed U2... its a momentary, of the moment eclipse, if anything. :) I just think people are really into their (KOL) music right now, but that could change. Radio listeners can be very fickle. Also, maybe they just got lucky with album. We'll have to wait and see what happens with their next.

as for there being no buzz, as i said there was plenty of buzz when they where here touring, and i am sure there will be when they go the states again, i mean look at when they where doing promo work for NLOTH there was a huge buzz about the band,

Thats very true. We really cant talk about buzz or no buzz until they are actually on tour here in the States. I think that is influencing our memories of last tour. Of course, things always pick up when they are here in the US, they start making all sorts of appearnances and promotions.

I did notice ticket drops for the second night. However, its always the 250 seats... which I would think due to the state of the economy, there are much less people willing to shell that out. Therefore, the ticket resells (at face value) for less priced tickets would be a better option for folks. Another reason why i thought my face value lower priced tix would have gone sooner.

If your view is obstructed you must tell one of the personnel in charge of the tier, this person sings your ticket and then they offer you a better seat in one of the relocating booths the band have in the stadium, at least that's how it worked in Dublin.

Huh, good to know. It seems one of my seats will be located under an overhang... I sure hope the claw isnt cut off from my full view.

Yet I dont think I would say that they have eclipsed U2... its a momentary, of the moment eclipse, if anything.

Very good point.

What folks here need to understand, is that U2's legacy is not damaged in any way by the chart weakness of NLOTH. However, objectively, if you go by units sold, you have to recognize that there are lot of stars shining a lot brighter in the music galaxy than U2 right now.

This does not change U2's preeminence as the greatest rock band working today, nor does it diminish their stature as the 2nd greatest band of all time, but the numbers point out this unbiased reality: there is no buzz (sorry), that some U2 mojo has been lost (okay, call me a troll), and all the Bono-posturing and philosophizing in the world isn't going to change that. However, a very good next album can.

Post #7 ! ! !

Very good point.

What folks here need to understand, is that U2's legacy is not damaged in any way by the chart weakness of NLOTH. However, objectively, if you go by units sold, you have to recognize that there are lot of stars shining a lot brighter in the music galaxy than U2 right now.

This does not change U2's preeminence as the greatest rock band working today, nor does it diminish their stature as the 2nd greatest band of all time, but the numbers point out this unbiased reality: there is no buzz (sorry), that some U2 mojo has been lost (okay, call me a troll), and all the Bono-posturing and philosophizing in the world isn't going to change that. However, a very good next album can.

Post #7 ! ! !

Well-put!

I think its hard sometimes for die hards to sometimes pop our heads out of the U2 bubble and gauge the atmosphere. When you do, youre always alittle disappointed that its not where youd think it would be. For me, in my circle, Im the only one...so it doesnt take much to realize that not everyone is in love them.
I agree, and as much as I love NLOTH, its record sales werent the greatest, it doesnt have the mass appeal that other albums have had, imho. I think this has already been discussed here. Its just a more mature sounding album with a different perspective that requires more of the listener. Not everyone likes this kind of thing.
What still gets me is when I hear supposed fans mumbling about how they just love their old stuff and none of this new stuff...as if their new stuff stinks. That irks me. Its like they want the band to be stuck in Joshua Tree.

I did notice ticket drops for the second night. However, its always the 250 seats... which I would think due to the state of the economy, there are much less people willing to shell that out. Therefore, the ticket resells (at face value) for less priced tickets would be a better option for folks. Another reason why i thought my face value lower priced tix would have gone sooner.

Actually, the ticket drop was for GA's. I believe tickets for other prices were dropped too.

Hi guys, advice please!
Lucky enough to manage to get two GA tickets for the first fantastic gig in Dublin, now myself & hubby are contemplating flying from Dublin to NY to go to the first NY gig. Have been to NY before & would love to go back. Question is re tickets - there seem to be tons of tickets (even GA) for sale on loads of different sites but after "service charges" & international shipping its a VERY pricey ticket.. Should I bite the bullet & just go for it or are they likely to have difficulty unloading these tickets & try closer to the time? Has to be GA tickets; was at the Vertigo tour in Dublin in seated seats & totally different experience, am v anti seated tickets for concerts!
Any ideas?

Here in Europe you could still get tickets for the majority of the shows, even on showday.. By showtime, stadium was practically full........ In my opinion here in Europe between 95-98% of the tickets were sold....... Scalpers haven't done good business around here, because GA's were sold among fans at face value (at least at the Amsterdam shows)...

...entirely sold out or almost sold out... who cares.. I think U2 is doing good business on this tour....

People who are concerned about bad acoustics in the stadium; make sure you get a seat or GA not to far in the back.. I was in GA (FOS) three times in Europe and did not experience bad acoustics..

prepare yourselves for a mindblowing experience....:hyper:

..hope u2 will bring the 360tour back to Europe next year...

Hi guys, advice please!
Lucky enough to manage to get two GA tickets for the first fantastic gig in Dublin, now myself & hubby are contemplating flying from Dublin to NY to go to the first NY gig. Have been to NY before & would love to go back. Question is re tickets - there seem to be tons of tickets (even GA) for sale on loads of different sites but after "service charges" & international shipping its a VERY pricey ticket.. Should I bite the bullet & just go for it or are they likely to have difficulty unloading these tickets & try closer to the time? Has to be GA tickets; was at the Vertigo tour in Dublin in seated seats & totally different experience, am v anti seated tickets for concerts!
Any ideas?

I know you said NY, but the second show at Gillette Stadium (just outside of Boston) still has GA tickets available thru ticketmaster.....

Well-put!

I think its hard sometimes for die hards to sometimes pop our heads out of the U2 bubble and gauge the atmosphere. When you do, youre always alittle disappointed that its not where youd think it would be. For me, in my circle, Im the only one...so it doesnt take much to realize that not everyone is in love them.
I agree, and as much as I love NLOTH, its record sales werent the greatest, it doesnt have the mass appeal that other albums have had, imho. I think this has already been discussed here. Its just a more mature sounding album with a different perspective that requires more of the listener. Not everyone likes this kind of thing.
What still gets me is when I hear supposed fans mumbling about how they just love their old stuff and none of this new stuff...as if their new stuff stinks. That irks me. Its like they want the band to be stuck in Joshua Tree.

I find it interesting how many people keep saying stuff like "its record sales weren't the greatest" or "despite the album not doing that well..." or "with modest record sales..." etc. etc....are you aware that NLOTH is the highest selling album of 2009? All things considered, NLOTH is doing fairly well actually.

I find it interesting how many people keep saying stuff like "its record sales weren't the greatest" or "despite the album not doing that well..." or "with modest record sales..." etc. etc....are you aware that NLOTH is the highest selling album of 2009? All things considered, NLOTH is doing fairly well actually.

Probably for a different thread but judging sales by past years is now utterly pointless. If sales are to be used as an indicator probably the only means is to compare against other releases within the same period.

Is that actually true? I had no idea it was selling that well world wide. Where can we see these figures?

all of us folks in southeast are screwed as we had to by dc or charlotte or atlanta as they didnt announce Raleigh and now we cant sell our tickets at cost. I have 2 ga for Charlottesville for $125 10 below what it cost not to mentioned membership fees.

Band is going to play to some half and 3/4 stadiums....
:love:

all of us folks in southeast are screwed as we had to by dc or charlotte or atlanta as they didnt announce Raleigh and now we cant sell our tickets at cost. I have 2 ga for Charlottesville for $125 10 below what it cost not to mentioned membership fees.

Band is going to play to some half and 3/4 stadiums....
:love:

Are you talking about a new membership specifically for the purpose of presale tickets or about membership renewal? I'm just curious because I've seen similar complaints about new membership fees and presale seated tickets being worse than general sale ones. But that's a whole other topic :sexywink: Thanks.

Are you talking about a new membership specifically for the purpose of presale tickets or about membership renewal? I'm just curious because I've seen similar complaints about new membership fees and presale seated tickets being worse than general sale ones. But that's a whole other topic :sexywink: Thanks.

I just mean that we all have to pay 30 bucks a year to have the right for presale tickets so you figure 3-4 years between tours and you have another 100 bucks you have paid in Service Fees....... And I am only upset as they didnt announce Raleigh so we had to buy tickets just in case and now I can't sell them at any price.
189 results and i bet only 10 have bids.....none near actual price. You could get some good 250 seats cheap.
So now I will have to eat 2 tickets that I should never had to buy. But groups play games and you got to play if you want to see them.

:down:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom