Anyone dream about the tour yet? I did!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i had a dream they were working on the stage in the backyard of the lady who lives on the corner of my parents street and her front yard was filled with semi trucks. i walked by and they were digging a trench and when i went back to look again there were people blocking the view and i couldn't take a picture.

i also dreamed it snowed

i live in arizona

-dan

I had this dream, where the stage looked like some sort of desert, with a lake in the middle, and we were surounded by huge steep rocks:lol: First I was the only one walking there, and i was like WTF- is happening here. Suddenly i was on the other side on the lake, saw a waterfall, and then I turned around, and there were a lot of people, from friends to people I didn't even expect to dream of, suddely we were in the middle of 'bad"and i felt a hand on my shoulder :crack: again I was like WTF.
So I turn around, there is the B-man sitting. with his arm around me singing bad,
shared the mic, wanted me to sing. So I said i could'd becuase I sing like crap.
But lifted my shoulders and said whatever, and sang a few lines of Bad.
It sounded amazingly good, so we laughed. We then walked into the crowd and partied with everyone! And then I woke up , hahaha too weird.
but it was fun , I was dissapointed on not seeing Larry, Adam and Edge.

Why luckily? Anna, you're missing out big time, seriously. :lol:

I LOVE dreams, and I usually dream a lot. I even write my dreams down. Some of them are really weird, some scary, some a little chaotic, some of them just plain funny.

Sadly I don't have many U2 dreams, I would like to have more of them, but I guess you cannot influence that.

I've had some really inspiring, beautiful dreams that I wouldn't want to miss.

I hope there will be some more U2 dreams with the tour approaching. I can't wait for them.

:hmm: interesting! Seems like pretty much everyone has some really weird dreams, except me LOL. I don't know, but sometimes after reading and studying a lot (until after midnight), I'm only half asleep all night long because everything is floating around in my head...numbers, paragraphs, definitions etc. The next morning I feel like I have slept only 5min. LOL! :huh:
I think my brain has a total overload anyway, so no space left for weird dreams...:wink:

I actually did have a dream about the new tour. It was weird. The only thing I remember was the setlist, or at least the first 6 songs.

1. Electric Co
2. All because of you
3. New song from SOA
4. New song from SOA
5. Vertigo
6. New song from SOA

We were all wondering when they were gonna play some of the classics we all love, and some stuff off NLOTH, but they never did. I remember I stayed and tried to remain energetic, but the rest of the crowd kept leaving and by the show's end, the stadiums was pretty sparse. What does this mean? Am I a dork? Probably....

I had my first dream about it last night. I dreamed I saw a copy of the opening night setlist.

I remember the first 3 songs were:

1) Unknown Caller
2) Fez-Being Born
3) Until The End Of The World

Then I forget the rest. I remember Bad, Gone, Streets, Cedars, and White As Snow in there, too.

Finally! I had a weird U2 show dream tonight :lol:

I went to the first U2 concert in Milan and when I arrived the stadium was already quite crowded, no chance to get to the front. The stage was HUGE, it looked like a big house with several floors. There was a kind of roof terrace thing with what looked like Greek columns and arches, kind of like a temple. Suddenly I'm up there on the terrace together with some other people, camera crews, press and some guys who seemed to be part of the U2 crew.

Then we saw the spotlights and then the band came on "stage" (= the roof) and started to perform. I have no idea what they played, but I was very close to them. We could move around on that terrace and get close to the band members, no security. I only remember Bono singing, I saw the rest of the band as well but I cannot remember any instruments. They moved around between the columns and it became clear that this wasn't the actual concert, but some kind of TV performance which was captured by the cameras up there.

The funny thing was that it was totally playback. I remember very clearly that Bono forgot to sing into his microphone at one point and when he noticed it after a while he seemed very confused and a little embarrassed :lol:

AND they were talking - in GERMAN! :lol:

After that I went down to wait for the "real" concert to begin, but there was no way to get to the front. I couldn't see the stage from where I was standing, so I decided to stand at the side, where it was less crowded. The rest I can't remember and then I woke up.

Gongrats unicorn :D funny dream! I'm pretty sure Bono spoke a few words Dutch in my dream. :doh: pretty dumb now i think of it , rr funny

Usually my U2 dreams are that they're playing a concert at some really tiny club or bar, and I'm right there in front ... but I don't have my contacts or glasses, and things are fuzzier than normal, so while they're there, I can't see a damned thing! lol:

I've had dreams like that at least twice. So weird.

oh noooooez!!! :lol: That's fekking annoying! :grumpy: :hug:

Gongrats unicorn funny dream!

Agrees! Congrats, lu! :applaud: here's to more!:cocktail:

I've had veryvivid dreams all my life. :huh::yikes::love::drool:

as you can see from the smilies above ^^^^^
they evoke all manner of emotions!
Think- "the holodeck" of ST:Next Gen. Well that's usually how vivid & active they are.

So I have had various U2 dreams through the decades. The concert ones usually arrive in 2 main varieties: the Big Concerts, or the secret/rumored/ or i've gotten the secret info for the (secret) Club Concert!

The big venues.
They never quite look like the stadiums I've actually seen them in! They're not actually not too weird, in terms of construction. They've just got different looks/arrangements of seat, architectual details.
Sometimes I or we are in the middle. We are also way up at the top back rows too much, too! :fist:
Oh, and they usually aren't where they really would be situated in real life, either! LOL (tho, not inn someone's back yard! lol )

The small clubs.
These are the ones I have more often. They go on whether they're going/are on tour or not. They almost always take place in Lower Manhattan, even lower down than the Original CBGB's, or Mudd Club. Though it is not usually CBGB's (esp since it was closed down), sometimes it's CGBG like - that is a well known club (within my Dream-NYC) where the NYC bands Punk/New WAve got started.

As I said I have 3 versions of these.
I've heard rumors that they're playing there, and I'm sweeping by again & again to check! In those usually there is no show. But on occasion there is & I get in!

Since Bono, at least, and now sometimes, too, Edge show up in New York announced, or unannounced for some public/semi-public or not public event (reasons)so many times over the past 9 years or so- I think my dream-mind expects them to show up for some small secret concert!
Sometimes I go swinging by this club to check.

One of the funny things is in repeated dreams of the small club type it's usually around the same block or so in my Dream~NYC. My Dream~NYC doesn't change too much, or more like there are 2 or 3 consistent types where certain sections change somewhat from each of the others, and from reality.

In these where I ( & sometimes friends) know about the secret club gig-- i(we) usually get in, too!

Rarely am I stuck in the back, sometimes I'm in the middle, sometimes I'm in the :yippie: front.

Since I've NEVER BEEN Lucky enough to see U2 close up in all of the 22 years of tours ('83 - '05) I've seen them in concert ~~~ I'm :happydance: when i get up close for a concert - even in a dream! LOL!

Had a dream that 3 of us were at the front of the line to get into the Nice concert. I was walking around casually outside the GA line, knowing that my friends were right up the front.

Then when it was time to go in, as we were running to the front of the stage i grabbed both of my friends (guy and a girl) embraced them and told them i loved them cos i was so elated. We stopped running cos we realised we were right up the front anyway.

Then the weird thing is, the stage was about 4m above us (not sure what that is in feet sorry) and we were pretty much staring at a concrete wall and looking up. And then when it came time for the show, we realised that we were at a u2 tribute show! the proper stadium was the one across the road and we were in the wrong venue. I was so angry that they organised a tribute band on the exact same night and same time as the proper show....

I also had a dream that I was sitting at the front of the stage in Milan two nights ago, and that people from work were sitting there with me.... Cant get this tour outta my head.

I dreamed about the opening night at Barcelona tonight and it was very very realistic. Strangely enough, I dreamed like two versions of the same concert. In the first version, the stadium was half empty and I felt so bad for the band. The reviews were also very bad. In the second version it was great, the stadium was packed and the atmosphere was amazing. The stage was HUUUUGGGGE. I don't think it really was the claw, it looked more like a building in itself. The band almost got lost on stage. There were a lot of catwalks and different floors where they were running and climbing up and down. First song: Get on your boots, but in a very slow version, which I liked. Second song: Not sure about that, but something from the new album, also in a strange version. Then they played Until the end of the world and Bono forgot most of the lyrics, Edge had to help him out :lol: I remember very clearly that they were at the very front of the stage, close to the audience, when playing. I couldn't see Adam and Larry, they must have hid somewhere in the massive stage :lol: Great dream :up:

I had my first dream on the tour. But I was around the corner so could barely see the stage which was basically just a circle with a vertigo style screen behind it.

And then my view was blocked by some strange guy who chased me and locked me to the scroll bar.

do not ask.

I actually did have a dream about the new tour. It was weird. The only thing I remember was the setlist, or at least the first 6 songs.

1. Electric Co
2. All because of you
3. New song from SOA
4. New song from SOA
5. Vertigo
6. New song from SOA

We were all wondering when they were gonna play some of the classics we all love, and some stuff off NLOTH, but they never did. I remember I stayed and tried to remain energetic, but the rest of the crowd kept leaving and by the show's end, the stadiums was pretty sparse. What does this mean? Am I a dork? Probably....

So how long before you can get us some sort of a rough recollection of the SOA songs in a crappy audio recording? They could be the new beach clips.. we'll call them dream clips '09.

i had a dream about the tour last night!

Bono was out of breath after 3 songs and left the stage. I woke up shortly after that I think, feeling kinda dissapointed.:down:

I dreamt the show took place on a floating stage that moved downstream and they lowered the claw down via a bridge. I also dreamt that people were pissed they had to basically run downstream with the stage to see the show. I then decided I would swim out to the stage and actually made it, then I woke up. Weird...I know. :shrug:

I dreamed that I showed up too late to the GA queue. I was planning on going early in the morning, but Giants Stadium called me on the phone (???) and told me ten people were in line with tents. So I panicked because I hadn't even taken a shower, but I told them I was going to be there with ten more people (even though I didnt have ten people). I ran my head under some water and got all the camping gear I don't own in real life and proceeded to get lost on the way to the stadium. Apparently I have anxieties about getting there at the right time :lol:
Btw, the floating stage dream was great!

I dreamt the show took place on a floating stage that moved downstream and they lowered the claw down via a bridge. I also dreamt that people were pissed they had to basically run downstream with the stage to see the show. I then decided I would swim out to the stage and actually made it, then I woke up. Weird...I know. :shrug:

:lol::lol::lol:

thank goodness only a dream!

I dreamed that I showed up too late to the GA queue. I was planning on going early in the morning, but Giants Stadium called me on the phone (???) and told me ten people were in line with tents. So I panicked because I hadn't even taken a shower, but I told them I was going to be there with ten more people (even though I didnt have ten people). I ran my head under some water and got all the camping gear I don't own in real life and proceeded to get lost on the way to the stadium. Apparently I have anxieties about getting there at the right time :lol:
Btw, the floating stage dream was great!

OHHH NOEZZZ!!!

:huh:
u de got issues but who could blame you! :lol:
:wave:good luck!!!

I had a dream that old school 50's style robots came off the stage and started roaming around the audience. Then somebody figured out that the robots were "for hire" - they accepted payments. I don't remember exactly what they did after you paid them, but they took cash or credit cards. This riled up some people in the audience who were complaining that U2 were gouging their fans.

Seems to be a pretty transparent dream - cash, technology, etc.

Back
Top Bottom