Anaheim stadium GA / tailgating questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whackjester

Acrobat
I have two people going with me to the show on Saturday, three GA tickets. My friend has the idea that we will be tailgating at Anaheim Stadium for the show in, get this, a U-Haul truck with couches and a tv and generator. I a hard core fan who's been to a lot of shows in GA and I never do anything like this. I'm the guy that sits all day in line, never leaves, etc. Unfortunately, my friend on the other hand is a moderate fan is in more interested in the "party" of going to the show rather than just being there for the music (unlike myself). Albeit a bit extreme, tailgating does sound better than sitting in line all day long, but I have questions regarding this.

#1 - Is the general consensus that everyone in line will be pissed off if there are three of us who will be all together at the stadium starting early in the morning in line but will trade off back and forth to go tailgate for a while? I don't want to rock the boat. I know how some can be testy about people getting in and out of line and if I was by myself I would just be sitting in line single file like I do any other time I go to a U2 show. Maybe if we invite people to join us people won't be angry??? ;)

#2 - Is there any contact information for someone I can talk to at Angel's Stadium regarding parking? The last thing I want to do is show up in a U-Haul and have them not admit us into the parking lot. We are planning to have a generator as well.

#3 - Does anyone know when the parking lot's going to open? I looked on the Angel's website but the information provided is only for baseball games and I don't think that they are only going to be opening the parking two hours prior to the event (such as is listed for baseball games).

#4 - Anything else I should think of?

Many thanks.

Parking lot opens at 8am. Call the stadium re the UHaul, they might charge you for two spaces ($50):

(888) 796-4256

The line rules will be made up on the spot, can't say yet whether Angel Stadium security will cooperate with us or not. Leaving the line for an hour or so is usually no big deal, as long as you let the fans behind you know about it, and maybe the Line Leaders, too. Most fans will leave the line after we get inside the parking lot in the morning to go have showers back at their hotels, get some breakfast, etc.

Of course, if you bring everyone in line lunch, then you'll probably be the popular guy there :wink:

Will be there Friday morning. Gates open at 8. What should I be there to assure a good spot on the floor?

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I called and they said it would likely be a "trailer" cost; $60.00.

Parking lot opens at 8am. Call the stadium re the UHaul, they might charge you for two spaces ($50):

(888) 796-4256

The line rules will be made up on the spot, can't say yet whether Angel Stadium security will cooperate with us or not. Leaving the line for an hour or so is usually no big deal, as long as you let the fans behind you know about it, and maybe the Line Leaders, too. Most fans will leave the line after we get inside the parking lot in the morning to go have showers back at their hotels, get some breakfast, etc.

Of course, if you bring everyone in line lunch, then you'll probably be the popular guy there :wink:

Will be there Friday morning. Gates open at 8. What should I be there to assure a good spot on the floor?

Arriving Friday morning will assure you a decent spot inside the pit, but not necessarily a rail spot. You might get a spot on the outside rail, though, which is also very good.

LA fans aren't known for arriving early, so I don't think there will be too many people lining up for these gigs. There are a lot of people on the guestlist, though, so the pit will be packed again, like in Oakland.

Back
Top Bottom